Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Guild Wars 2  (Read 2116 times)

Acperience

• Bay Watcher
  • Introjection
    • View Profile
Guild Wars 2
« on: December 17, 2011, 08:58:26 pm »

The game I'm looking forward to most in 2012 (besides DF) and it doesn't even have it's own thread.

First character will probably be a Slyvari Engineer because who says salad can't use guns?

Mostly cinematic trailer
Gameplay trailer featuring a early/mid boss

Skill Loadout Tool Also includes a smaller character creation tool.
Character Creation Tool

Before anyone even thinks about the term "WoW-killer", don't, because that term is just idiotic.

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Guild Wars 2
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2011, 09:40:47 pm »

I have a really hard time getting into MMo's especially for longer periods of time, but I've seen a few of my friends looking forward to it. I don't know much about it yet though, I'd have to look into it.

I like the artwork in the cinematic trailer though =p

Oh, and not having to pay to play is a huge bonus. I don't mind paying once to get a copy of the game (or whatever) but having to pay multiple times is kinda dumb (though perhaps necessary to a certain degree if you don't use micro transactions or whatever?)

EDIT: Derp, if you're going to try to use the skill tool make sure it's set to english in the top right. @_@
« Last Edit: December 17, 2011, 09:53:34 pm by OzyTheSage »

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2011, 10:03:48 pm »

Total WoW killer.

I kid, but WoW is going to have to adapt or at some point it will die.

lavenders2

• Bay Watcher
  • The cheese stands alone...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2011, 10:50:50 pm »

Total WoW killer.

I kid, but WoW is going to have to adapt or at some point it will die.
WoW is just about dead now. They are losing subscribers so fast and the next expansion that is coming out is apparently really bad.

That is not to say that hotkey based MMO's are dead. The old republic is shaping up to be a good game, and it might be the only MMO I enjoy (I wouldn't mind the crafting system from SWG in there either). I haven't played it yet, but I am looking forward to it. I mean, it's Bioware, how can you go wrong...
Economies of scale: Dathominion Co.

hachnslay

• Bay Watcher
  • 09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2012, 08:05:00 am »

~RESSURECTS~

it seems there was a press weekend
- yogscast started to pour videos out, taking a closer look at the norn for now.
 - the curse network people did the same.

watching as soon as i get home from work.
Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master
--Alpha Centauri ,Pravin Lal

hemmingjay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2012, 08:51:22 am »

I'm not too sure about the game, but the Yogcasts are worth watching as they are even more entertaining than usual. The game itself has become a bit of an asian mmo(not necessarily bad depending on your tastes) and not all that different from the other MMO's out there, despite what the fanbase would like everyone to believe. Eitherway, I am glad that the game has a decent chance of being released in 2012.
Only a simple mind can be certain.

Knight of Fools

• Bay Watcher
  • From Start to Beginning
    • View Profile
    • Knight of Fools
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2012, 10:39:06 am »

I enjoyed the original Guild Wars to a certain degree. In particular, I enjoyed the dual-class system, which I thought was very well executed. My Healer/Necromancer was a blast to play, but the game could get a little repetitive. I've got friends that are really excited about this, but we'll have to see.

The one-time-payment is definitely a huge bonus. They usually keep the game paid for by introducing more classes, races, and areas through expansion packs, and if a pack comes out with something you're not particularly interested in, you don't have to get it to keep playing the base game.
Proud Member of the Zombie Horse Executioner Squad. "This Horse ain't quite dead yet."

I don't have a British accent, but I still did a YouTube.

Drakasin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2012, 12:01:30 pm »

I am pretty excited about this. The "world is everchanging" is a really nice thing I would like to see in work.

hemmingjay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2012, 03:52:52 pm »

I am pretty excited about this. The "world is everchanging" is a really nice thing I would like to see in work.

Me too, but we should be aware that they have yet to prove that, or any of the big points of contention in their press release version. We can hope it will be included in the final game and that it works, but at this point it's just marketing fluff.
Only a simple mind can be certain.

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2012, 02:53:35 pm »

Watched the yogscast videos... now I'm pretty excited for the game. I guess I'm just a bit of a sucker for weapon-based skills flavored by your class. I like how two different classes wielding the exact same weapon get very different skills out of it and how weapons aren't as restricted as in other games. The stuff you guys are talking about would make the game really awesome, but I think it's worth the purchase price for me as-is at this point.
The moment the lever was pulled, somebody's pet kitten stepped onto the bridge. I read somewhere that if a cat falls more than 11 stories, it instinctively flares its legs out to increase air resistance. This slows it down enough to stick the landing with relatively minor injuries. In Dwarf Fortress, apparently, cats don't do that.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2012, 03:35:00 pm »

You can register for beta for the next 48 hours here: https://beta.guildwars2.com/

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2012, 04:16:31 pm »

Woohoo thanks!
The moment the lever was pulled, somebody's pet kitten stepped onto the bridge. I read somewhere that if a cat falls more than 11 stories, it instinctively flares its legs out to increase air resistance. This slows it down enough to stick the landing with relatively minor injuries. In Dwarf Fortress, apparently, cats don't do that.

BuriBuriZaemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 01, 2012, 05:20:54 am »

NECRO TYM!

I don't normally like fantasy MMORPG (WoW, ewww) but I have interest in GW2. Has anyone here pre-ordered?
Napalm is great if you enjoy hot and spicy foods. I personally enjoy some liquid nitrogen.

Steam profile: Elsior
Friend Code: 2938 - 7181 - 3815 (Elsior/Elle Ciel)

fenrif

• Bay Watcher
  • Dare to be stupid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 01, 2012, 07:55:46 am »

I'm waiting for the 10th so I can pre-purchase. I'm unreasonably excited about this game. They seem to actually understand that just copying the tired boring old MMO formula isn't what people want anymore. It's also really surprising because I hated GW1 with a passion, and it's good to see a company improve drastically like this from one game to the next.

BuriBuriZaemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 01, 2012, 08:38:21 am »

Ah yea I didn't realise pre-order would not be available til 10th of April. The market has been flooded by fantasy MMORPGs for years but I agree about GW2 being unique. Are you getting the Digital Edition or the Digital Deluxe Edition? Based on consensus, the extra $20 is not worth the mini-pet and summon mystfire wolf-thingy.
Napalm is great if you enjoy hot and spicy foods. I personally enjoy some liquid nitrogen.

Steam profile: Elsior
Friend Code: 2938 - 7181 - 3815 (Elsior/Elle Ciel)
Pages: [1] 2