Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Megabeasts (Dragons)  (Read 594 times)

InfiniVide

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Megabeasts (Dragons)
« on: December 15, 2011, 09:15:10 pm »

Will megabeasts only come to your fortress once?  I had a dragon visit mine (the only one in game as far as I know) but since I couldn't get my army to beat him, I think I had used Runesmith to mark the "Left Map" flag.  Does this mean the dragon won't ever come back or is there still a chance I'll get a visit?

Sphalerite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Drew's Robots and stuff
Re: Megabeasts (Dragons)
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2011, 09:17:51 pm »

During normal gameplay, they only ever visit your map once because they never leave once showing up.

Using a memory hacking tool to cheat him off the map?  Your guess is as good as mine what happens then.  You're outside the normal operation of the game.
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius --- and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.

InfiniVide

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2011, 09:19:11 pm »

I figured it would end up being something like that.  Is there a way to actually spawn the dragon on my map using some kind of hack?

NecroRebel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2011, 11:03:17 pm »

Maybe check with Runesmith again to see if you can still see it in that program, and if you can, switch "left map" back off? If making it have left the map disappeared it, maybe making it not have left the map will reappear it.

The only other alternative is waiting and hoping another dragon shows up. Well, that or changing some other creature into a dragon, which I'm 90% sure Runesmith can also do, but IIRC in previous versions, at least, creatures morphed didn't actually change size, so if you morphed a cat you'd have a cat-sized "dragon."
A Better Magma Pump Stack: For all your high-FPS surface-level magma installation needs!

InfiniVide

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2011, 11:08:47 pm »

I checked on Runesmith and he's not there anymore.  I'm looking to kill this one particular dragon due to the fact that my world is in the Draconic Age.  I'm going to try my hand at Adventurer mode to hunt this guy down.