Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 24

Author Topic: Fortress of Blood-Dungeon Crawl RTD/Turn 6 Dragons Challenge, The Demons Howl  (Read 37924 times)

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile

Quick Turn

Rykmar concentrates...

Cria looks on, confused.

"Master? What are.."

Rykmar falls before he bothers to answer.

He lands back in court. The Nine have gathered again...they seem to be a good mood.

Wrath roars pleasingly. Rykmar feels the back of his neck scorched.

Envy speaks first "Mmm...good, Rykmar. Good. You contacted us from a place of mortal death...and terror...you brought such a...pleasing smell to the court."

Greed sorts endlessly. "It's very appreciated Rykmar...very tasteful, I should say."

Apathy even smiles, in between hits. "You sly dog...I'm still mad at you, but this is pretty cool."

Zealotry swings his sword and howls. "I HATE the Greenskins. It feels good to taste of their death, anguish and pain-like sweetly aged wine. Ha!"

Gained: +30 Favor with Nine-Hell Princes
Gained: Wraths Favor

Pride quiets the Court down, as usual. He favors Rykmar with a cat like purr.

"Yes, Rykmmmmar...mmmmuch favor we give to you...mmmore than you deserve! We will expect mmmore of the same in the future!

But, to business! Why have you contacted us? Mmmmore to report, hmmmmm? "

"Or, is it about this...tiny little thing?" Lust interrupts, holding up your captive soul.

The Nine laugh cruelly.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
@Tiruin: Dave actually suggested to be an expendable minion instead of an actual player.
If you look at his stats and skills, you'll see why. :P

"Why me exactly, of all the warriors with us? I am not the strongest nor the swiftest of the lot..." he said without facing his watcher.

You sense the man shrugging behind you.

"Don't care. Stromgand is paying me well enough not to ask questions.

What, did you think I wanted the Source as well? I'm not with you fanatics...I KNOW it doesn't exist. And once I've gotten my pay, I'm out of this death trap. Now move, Elf-stop stalling."

Feleris is moved closer to the tent.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile

(@Dwarmin: I did  :D . Just making sure though.)

"So by pay you mean you're just selling yourself off to a rich ranger who needs an elf, of all the things in the world you do it for coin?" Feleris replied, moving towards the tent. "How sure are you then, that you would survive with your blood money deep in this wilderness. There are worse things out here that I even shudder to talk about."

This one was either a hired mercenary, or another one of Stromgand's lackeys. Feleris hoped it was the former.

>Proceed willingly. Keep alert for any sign of attack.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile

Holy shit this is epic.

It's kinda bad that I'm kinda instinctively skipping most of it because I can't do anything with it yet.

Suppose that makes sense from a game play perspective too. I'd be from another dimension or something so I wouldn't exactly know much about this place. Huzzah for no Meta-gaming! Boo for turns taking so long that the possibility of PC death is slow to come! Huzzah for epic turns in the mean time!
« Last Edit: January 01, 2012, 04:01:09 pm by dermonster »
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile

"Old Mother...?"

Goseki thought she heard the trace of mockery in the Jiang's respectful address waver, though it was ever present. As the Jiang girl turned towards the fortress, Goseki knelt to remove the blades from the throats of the slain, sniffed the ends for traces of any poison, and safely stowed them away in her cloak. When she looked back up the girl was gone. She followed.

...   ...   ...

A while later, when she caught up, she spoke to the girl for the first time in days.

"Dawn of the Ninja, eh? Tell me, what do they tell you of those times, your elders?"

Goseki tries to track down the group containing Halbarad (if successful, will roughly at the end of their combat and offer old woman healing; if not successful, will search for a small and stealthy entrance to the fortress). Pose the above question to the Jiang ninja.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile

Damn.. That absolute.. Urgh, nothing to do until I get to a healer then..

Get back to the elf, and knock out the man who's holding him at bladepoint.

If this suceeeds: "Ah, elf. Sorry for the captor, but I think its best if we leave now, and see if we cannot make our way with another group. Also, tell me that you can remove this curse brought on by this... Blackguard witch. Before it kills me."
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile

Conjure a few assassin spiders and bound them for this battle.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile

Rykmar bows. "I'm afraid I have little to report- ah, actually... The adventurers were going to assault the orc camp, but some extraplanar force annihilated it first. Most of the orcs were turned to ash on their knees.

In any case, the adventurers now advance upon the fortress. I hang back for the moment, preparing something and giving them time to die.

I have, however, mainly contacted you regarding that..."

He glanced at the object Lust was dangling.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

If:

If this suceeeds: "Ah, elf. Sorry for the captor, but I think its best if we leave now, and see if we cannot make our way with another group. Also, tell me that you can remove this curse brought on by this... Blackguard witch. Before it kills me."
Feleris acted at the sound of a body falling to the ground and quickly glanced at the tent.

"Then leave we shall, my friend," he looked his ally once over and spotted what he meant by 'curse'. He then shoved his right hand over to the amulet the hung by his belt. "May the Goddess watch over us all."

He took one more glance at the tent and at anyone else watching, and left along with Ochita. Following the path indicated by Halbarad. There were many things he needed to tell him.

>Invoke the Goddess' power {Goddess's Cleansing Touch} on Ochita. Escape the camp in stealth, try to meet up with Halbarad by the plan he told me {or any other group.}

"I just hope this works..."

((Also, Dwarmin: I have 21 arrows  :P not 15. ))
« Last Edit: January 02, 2012, 04:56:54 am by Tiruin »

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Quick turn
Ochita, Feleris

Ochita sneaks up behind the man holding the Elf hostage-a shady hooded man, naturally-and moves to knock him out with the butt of his rapier...but as he is about to attack, he feels a sudden sluggishness...his blow connects weakly, only causing the man to spin around in alarm...

Spoiler: Combat (click to show/hide)

Feleris doesn't waste time taking advantage of the situation, lashing out with a quick jab toward the mans throat. The hooded man raises his left hand to block, at he same time angling a backhand toward Ochita who is sent sprawling, clutching his crippled arm in agony. He brings his right knee up to strike Feleris in the groin (low blow!), but the Sylvan Elf showcases his peoples agility-leaping upwards in a blur.

As the man looks up with one leery eye, he senses Ochita behind him...Feleris and Ochita strike him as one-The Elf using both his fasts to hammer him on the top of his head, and Ochita sweeping his feet with the end of his staff, and striking him once more on the ground to be sure.

The hooded man mumbles a bit and falls unconscious. When unhooded, he seems to be a fairly unremarkable Human male-sandy blonde hair, pale blue eyes and a long white scar trailing across his forehead.

Both of them glance around...

Luck Roll 3 VS Detection roll 5+2, DETECTED!

Modifier: +2 to detection for 2 combat turns

They feel as if an unseen eye marked them.

Ochita speaks quickly. "Ah, elf. Sorry for the captor, but I think its best if we leave now, and see if we cannot make our way with another group. Also, tell me that you can remove this curse brought on by this... Blackguard witch. Before it kills me...."

"Then leave we shall, my friend," he looked his ally once over and spotted what he meant by 'curse'.

The spell Ravena cast has caused Ochitas skin to turn the shade of  a bitter frostbite-it's already run the length of his arm.

He then shoved his right hand over to the amulet the hung by his belt. "May the Goddess watch over us all."

Spent: 20% Piety

Feleris sniffs. He smells wildflowers. His goddess's voice lilts musically within him.

"...Life is precious..."

Ochita could swear later that he felt the soft hand of an Eleven Maiden brush his cheek, with a sigh. Almost instantly, the coldness begins to recede-in a few moments, the curse is undone. He wiggles his fingers experimentally.

Healed Affliction: Ravena's Creeping Frost

Before anything else can be said or done, Stromgand steps out of the tent. His eyes go wide. Behind him in the tent can be seen Vusted looking unhappy, and Ravena-who looks at Ochita hungrily...then a small frown touches her delicate lips, as she realizes her curse was broken.

Stromgand smiles. Then he begins shouting.

"ASSASSINS!"

The call seems to resonate throughout the camp-Assassins! Assassins! Feleris and Ochita run toward the edge of camp...

Luck 4 VS Fate 3

They make it out before anyone can stop them-and in truth, most of them don't know what's going on, or if they do, don't believe Stromgands calls. Or don't care.

The pair runs North, across the low grassy plains, lit only by moonlight...Feleris is surprised Ochita can keep up, but he does, quite easily. Ochita is not tower bound academic, after all! Feleris tells Ochita about Halbarads camp site-the current path they are on should intercept Halabarad as he comes down the mountain. At least that was the plan.

Encounter: 3
Feleris/Ochita Detection 2+2 vs Monster Hide 10

Feleris spots a large, lumpy boulder. He gives it no second thought, leaping up and ascending to the top easily to get a better look around.

He is surprised when he feels boulder start to shuffle under him...and the 'boulder' starts to talk, in a low rumbly voice-like someone trying to gargle pebbles.

"Oy! Elf! Wot are yew doin' on me back? Raggansh trying to sleep!"

Feleris jumps off, to avoid the swipe of a heavy...paw? Ochita backs away worriedly.

The 'boulder' stands up, revealing itself to be a young rock troll. It's pretty big-each of it's fists are the size of a Human head, and it would stand almost 10 feet tall, if it wasn't hunched over and leaning on it's knuckles.

It doesn't make any hostile moves...yet. It actually just seems annoyed.

"Why make Raggansh angry, Elf? Want pounding?"

Spoiler: *Bestiary Updated* (click to show/hide)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Goseki Sakane/Lawastooshort

"Dawn of the Ninja, eh? Tell me, what do they tell you of those times, your elders?"
Pose the above question to the Jiang ninja.

You begin walking together. The young Ninja seems to relax-she can't keep up the air of superiority for long.

She shrugs.

"The Elders told me in the golden age of Jiang and Sakane, Ninja served no masters but themselves-we slayed whom we wished, not at the sole behest of lords unless we wished to do so.

We punished the guilty who believed they were beyond justice, from the shadows, and during the day the people were safe. Cruel Lords feared our blades, and tempered their rule with mercy because they knew we were watching them, all the time.

Was this so, Old Mother?"

You can see a spark of actual curiosity in her eyes, but it is guarded.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Rykmar/Ironyowl
He glanced at the object Lust was dangling.

Lust purrs. Rykmar has no choice but to turn to her. The effect is dizzifying...quite simply, she is your desire incarnate. Whatever you want...Whoever you want, Lust is that person-ready to fufill your every desire.

Eternal Pleasure and unending pain...joyous oblivion. Just nod...do what she says...and everything will be fine.

She motions for Rykmar to approach.

"I own you Rykmar...come into my parlor, why don't you? This is just between you...and me."

She smiles. Rykmar barely resists the urge to run toward Lust and grovel at her feet.

An invitation to Lusts personal court is usually one-way.

Will Rykmar...attend her? Or perhaps call on the other Princes for help?
« Last Edit: January 02, 2012, 05:05:23 am by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((Loved the Beastiary! especially the last sentence. Can't stop myself from reading every conversation in voice.))

By the Goddess...Feleris did not wish for this to happen. First, they get caught escaping, luckily it was only by the eyes. Second, the thought of Vusted flashed across his mind, he hoped their escape did not anger him. Third, this. But it was better than a fight after long hours of travel.

He cast a quick glance at Ochita and returned his gaze to the boulder-thing.

He raised his hands in a peaceful gesture, showing no want for another fight. Though his face did betray a hint of shock and surprise at the being before him.

"Forgive me, friend. We are mere travellers, we just want to pass safely through these mountains. My apologies if I had...tread on you by accident. My eyes aren't as sharp as I thought them to be.

"We did not wish to disturb you, or your sleep in the least. May we pass in peace?"

« Last Edit: January 02, 2012, 06:04:05 am by Tiruin »

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The Rock-Troll scratches it's stony scalp.

"Maybe let go in peace, if give Raggansh that robed mans pretty gem? Raggansh like a shiny..."

He points one it's massive hands in Ochitas general direction-probably indicating the flat green crystal about the size of a large hand mirror that is in a bag on his belt. Just a single moonlight glimmer betrays it in the dark.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile

Ochita clutches the bag tightly, drawing  it away from the Rock-Troll.

"N.. No. I'm sorry, but you can't have this.. Its too important to me. Please, we just want to be in peace.."
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Raggash makes a frowny face. Which is like his normal face.

"Why no give pretty gem to Raggansh? Why so important?"

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile

Ochita shifts from foot to foot.

"Well... Its the only thing that will let me be with my mother, and... It is the last thing that I have that reminds me of her.."

Ochita hangs his head low, and sniffs a bit, rubbing at his eyes.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Feleris went over and patted Ochita on the back, his face covered by a mask of pity.

"It's alright. She will be fine, I'd doubt that the nice troll there would want to get it from you."

He turned back to the troll, hoping it would have any mercy.

"Please, have mercy on us. We have been on foot for days on end. My friend here hasn't met his mother for a long time and we worry for her health. She is aged and if you don't let us go this instant, she might die. We are sorry for disturbing your peace, but please, let us also be at peace with each other. We promise to not disturb you again."

(>Hope our ploy works. Avoid pounding.)
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 24