Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 24

Author Topic: Fortress of Blood-Dungeon Crawl RTD/Turn 6 Dragons Challenge, The Demons Howl  (Read 37950 times)

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
Re: Fortress of Blood-Dungeon Crawl RTD/Turn 1, Introductions
« Reply #45 on: December 17, 2011, 09:08:14 am »

Not posting a turn yet because I'm redicously tired and I'm using a tablet. Just nitpicking...Tyria isn't a last name; it's like the Da Vinci (from Vinci) in Leonardo's name. Just to show where she's from...don't remember the actual word for it.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 17, 2011, 09:37:03 am »

I like how the waiting list filled up before the game even started.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: Fortress of Blood-Dungeon Crawl RTD/Turn 0, Accepting 4 more players!
« Reply #47 on: December 17, 2011, 09:42:02 am »

...I'm obviously waiting for any and all interested...
^And it came true.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 17, 2011, 10:02:19 am »

Yes... she would once have wanted to, and could feel where the anger might once have been... but no. This fool wanted to insult her, insult her honour, push Goseki into a fight she hadn't yet chosen to end. Honour? Honour was for men who wanted to stand out in the Ages as warriors, and for children, impetuous kids like the upstart standing so proudly before her. The scar down the length of her left cheek reminded her of the time she thought honour was anything but a plaything for the vain and foolish: the time when she was still a child; the time when she left her childhood behind. This stripling before her had yet to do that, it was clear.

No, all that mattered now was her blood, and her blood was that of her clan's. Did she want to preserve it, since so little was left? Or did she not mind shedding it, since she had so little use for it now? Goseki couldn't tell. Truth be told, she cared little for all the thinking that her fate had pushed her into at this moment: she'd always been able to rely on her instincts and on her heart. Her father had been right.

She knew she wasn't as fast as she used to be. Any fool could see that. She knew she had the right to live out her last days in peace, but what did that matter? She'd still die alone, and her inner peace would be no greater. In any case, the Jiang didn't seem to care about her completed service, she thought wryly to herself... She also knew that despite the end of life creeping up on her, she had at least one last battle in her. Maybe more, maybe not. She wasn't going to waste it on this... this... It seemed to take a while to find the word she sought. A pawn. Yes, that's all this child was. And they would both die some time soon anyhow.

Her face showed no change but Goseki relaxed. She stopped playing out the combat in her mind. Throughout the different permutations she'd foreseen, wherever she plunged her sturdy knife, wherever the girl tried to strike, wherever Goseki's foul poison landed unseen, there was only one outcome: the girl lying cold, on the ground, alone. And Goseki had always thought of her arts as a way to save innocent lives...

For all that though, she had seen one different outcome. One alone, but it was possible nonetheless. She'd foreseen her own death, and that had almost never happened in these last fifty years. She was getting old! But that sight of death had only calmed her heart. She welcomed it, in fact.

"To say, young one?"

Goseki turned to go, having foreseen well enough what lay ahead. She was ready for it.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 17, 2011, 01:29:32 pm »

(Dude, you make like, THE BEST, gameplay stories I have ever read. And if not the best, then certainly up there! It's a gift man, use it and abuse it! ;D)

Rhogar smiled, for the first time in weeks, as he realised this was his chance to finally find some peace for his clan and loved ones. THIS was as good as it was ever going to get. Gently placing his hammer down beside him then taking off his helmet and placing that down with his hammer, he raised his strong muscled hands in a humble gesture, palms upward, and spoke.

"My lord, I thank you deeply for this honor. I shall do everything in my power to exact justice and retribution against these scum, and I assure you that I would rather die than fail. I ask only for the ability to unleash the power of the storm against both your foes and mine, to smite them with your wrath and aid me in battle. After that, I ask only for your blessing to exact your will, and my own, to this task."

>Humbly ask for the ability to unleash the power of the storm in form of it's primal aspects in battle and for his blessing to carry out his will.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 17, 2011, 02:31:59 pm »

Ochita let the silence pass, feeling uneasy, he decided to hug his mother, light enough not to cause her discomfort, but enough to show that he was really going to miss her. He exited the hug, after a while.

"Mother. I promise that I shall get the source. Also know, that I will not throw my life away. There is no reason for that, and I don't want you to be alone.. Thank you, for the training and preparation that you have given me."

He hugs his mother again, and sets off to get ready, taking his trusty bag, and some items that he thought would be useful. He returns to his mother, hugs her, and then leaves his home, heading to a market to spend some of the gold he has for food and potions.
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 17, 2011, 03:30:53 pm »

Rykmar clenched his teeth, noting that they were chattering ever so slightly. The paladin's purity unnerved him, or at least his purity combined with his strength. Creatures weren't supposed to work that way! A soft, naive fool, yes, a hateful, ruthless warrior, yes, but this? HOW?!

He wondered if this was the sort of feeling mortals got when their loved ones suddenly revealed themselves as possessed or wildly changed- that sort of bewildering wrongness that didn't seem to have an explanation. The thought calmed him, somehow.

"HA!" he barked, thinking of the paladin's allies. There could be no deals that didn't involve them slowly roasting over an open fire.

"Misery? Why?!" His voice sounded a bit desperate, he knew, so he tried to calm it into a more seductive tone. It wouldn't work, he knew, but why not try? He was honest and his deal was genuine. Even if he was pure, he should accept!

"Why not seek it together?" he asked, his voice successfully calmed, "Think of all the good you could do with it! And surely I'd be no worse than that filth you carry around now." Images of those two wretches- and more besides- being slowly flayed and roasted alive and the same time danced through his head, accidentally giving him a malicious grin. No matter!

"Think about it! You could turn half the world into a paradise. Maybe I'd even be convinced yours was better!" Not likely, but if anyone could pull it off, it was the paladin. Besides, wasn't he even a little naive?! Couldn't he be fooled into thinking he could convince him later?!

"But even if you didn't... wouldn't half the world being heaven and half being hell be better than what we have now?" He actually didn't know much about the world as it stood, but had to assume most of it was well below the paladin's expectations.

"Come now. You know I'm not malicious, exactly..." 'Except towards your current companions, who I'm considering breeding just to extend their misery through generations' he mentally added. He was really, really going to need to keep a better handle on his thoughts. He knew the paladin had a good sense of how to read people.

"I just don't think all this... softness is reasonable. I want people to be well fed and looked-after and happy, I just... think we need some conflict, and order. That doesn't sound so bad, does it? Would it really be worse than the current world? Would it really not be worth turning half the world into a shining beacon of everything you stand for?"

Rykmar waited expectantly. He knew the answer, and unlike the paladin didn't quite have the stoicness to remain calm about it, but he waited nonetheless, hiding his agitation as best he could.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 17, 2011, 06:36:15 pm »

"I am not leaving the service of the king, and I never will! I know what I signed, I read the small script, and I placed my mark on the paper. I am doing this for the kingdom, not for some selfish goal!" As the words rung out through the room, Saren couldn't believe what she was saying. For her whole life she had followed the Council in their decisions, grudgingly at times, but she did. And yet, here she was shouting at them, her elders! What would father say to this...No matter.

"I'm sorry for that outburst. Forgive me, but this is what is right. The poor, the ill, and the orphaned; they all lie in the streets, rotting and yet alive. Husks of people. If you cannot see the wrongness in that, then you have been disconnected from the people for far too long...I don't care if you strike me down or send an assassin, I am doing what I believe in...Whether you people let me go or not won't change anything."

Saren stared at the Council-with much emotional pain- and waited for a reply. Her instincts told her to run and conjure a wall, but she couldn't outrun them here...not here.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
Re: Fortress of Blood-Dungeon Crawl RTD/Turn 1.5 Baggage
« Reply #53 on: December 20, 2011, 08:27:48 am »

Turn 1.5

Saren Of Tyria/Micelus
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Ochita

Feleris Valinar/Tiruin

Rhogar Steelscale/Zako

Goseki Sakane/Lawastooshort

Rykmar/IronyOwl

OOC: Eh, I maybe I went overboard on the item descriptions...if I missed anything major, just tell me. Also, everyone is now in the expedition to the source-you can roleplay amongst yourselves as you wish, then turn 2 we can start for real...once I figure out powers for everyone.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2011, 09:21:19 am by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 20, 2011, 09:09:35 am »

Gosh. I wish I'd had a [6]. Excellent, Dwarmin.

Goseki looks for an inn that's likely to house members of the expedition, and will take a bed if she has the coin to do so. Otherwise she will make camp in the open, under a bush, between the town and the way to the source. When the expedition leaves she will follow along, as unnoticed as possible, at the rear. If she is confronted she will explain that she is a healer, and wants to spend the rest of her life healing those searching for a greater good...

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 20, 2011, 09:17:20 am »

Spoiler: OOC, Note (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Response, had to RP (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 20, 2011, 10:37:40 am by Tiruin »

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 20, 2011, 05:41:37 pm »

Whilst looking unsuspicious, Goseki will forage for a few particular herbs to dry and add to her medicine pack...

She might happen to bump into an Elven ranger whilst looking for a few leaves of Trotter's Balm under a twisted oak.

"Setting forth on a journey?" the kindly old woman enquires, "I'm travelling north myself. I don't have much time left, and I never left my village before, so I thought I'd try whilst I still can... Herbing is the only thing I know well enough to pay my way though. Well, that and spicy cooking! Spicy's the only thing left I can taste well enough... Here," she continues, offering up a couple of leaves of the Trotter's Balm, "if you're going to be travelling a while on foot this leaf does well ground to a paste and rubbed nice into your soles. My husband used to like that after a day in the forests, I can tell you. You look like a forest type yourself, if you don't mind me saying? Probably no point me telling you about such a daft and simple leaf! I can't imagine you got much time for old wives' tales eh. I'm sorry, but you gets to a point when it's just nice to talk to someone, occasional like..."

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: December 20, 2011, 07:01:51 pm »

((Item descriptions are definitely over the top, but awesome. None of this "You have a sword. It's sharp." stuff for us! :P))

Rykmar looked upon the group with disdain. Crude, unwashed brigands stumbling into a deathtrap. Lovely. His only real comfort was that a lot of them would be dead soon, and then he could feast on their corpses rather than this... whatever this was. 'Unwise animal' he supposed. Yes, the still-warm flesh and blood of a mortal who's just died a bloody and screaming death would be nice.

Still, some of them probably had uses other than being flensed by the horrors they were about to encounter. An unorganized group of this size surely had some elites mixed in with the rabble... or at a bare minimum, some elite rabble he could use. Acquiring a bodyguard would be ideal, but any sort of useful ally would be better than nothing.

Gazing around the group, not much caught his eye. Well, the massive reptilian warrior in full plate did, but Rykmar felt a bit uneasy speaking to one that powerful-looking. As a general rule, Rykmar had found that things that could lift you into the air by your neck using one hand made poor allies. Maybe it was different up here.

His gaze wandered instead to the quartz-tipped staff of a much smaller lizard. A caster, so not ideal, but interesting at least. Hopefully smart, too.

Approaching with a pleasant smile, he gave a shallow, polite bow. "Greetings, Scaled One. My name is Rykmar, and it's a pleasure to make your acquaintance. I couldn't help but notice your staff; I take it you're a practitioner of the arcane?"
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 20, 2011, 07:24:14 pm »

Use my lore on the plants here, and search for something that can be used in beneficial potions, or just normal food.

Ochita took out a book with a green leaf style cover, with 'Flora in generic forests', and began to search a grove, taking brief glances at the book, lifting leaves with his cutlass. After taking some plants from one grove, he moves to another, seeing what could only be an elf, and old woman. He sheaths his cutlass, and made a benign gesture.
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: December 20, 2011, 08:31:51 pm »

So many...All wanting this Source...But how many wish it for just purposes? Most probably have come for the wealth to be gained, or the glory, or perhaps the knowledge...Or perhaps not. Perhaps it is time to find out?

Saren wanders around the expedition, finding out if there are any specific factions. After finding it out, she will find a secluded area and set up a little shrine (made of a few rocks) to her family god-spirits. She had been neglecting her duties of prayer of late, now would be a good time to rekindle her relationship with the spirits. Request a simple blessing and guidance. Then go looking for other lizardfolk.
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 24