Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 24

Author Topic: Fortress of Blood-Dungeon Crawl RTD/Turn 6 Dragons Challenge, The Demons Howl  (Read 37936 times)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: Fortress of Blood-Dungeon Crawl RTD/Turn 1.5 Baggage
« Reply #60 on: December 20, 2011, 08:43:19 pm »

His gaze wandered instead to the quartz-tipped staff of a much smaller lizard. A caster, so not ideal, but interesting at least. Hopefully smart, too.

Approaching with a pleasant smile, he gave a shallow, polite bow. "Greetings, Scaled One. My name is Rykmar, and it's a pleasure to make your acquaintance. I couldn't help but notice your staff; I take it you're a practitioner of the arcane?"[/i]
Saren cancels Build Shrine: Interrupted by Demon.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: December 20, 2011, 08:53:13 pm »

(I missed that; didn't read your post. And I'm guessing you still look like a devil.)

Saren looked at him. Red-skinned and hoofed, she honestly had never seen someone like that. What is he? She?.

"I...guess you would say that. In a way...Rykmar."

Wait, could he be a Hunter?

"I'm uh, Kroan of Sylos...but enough about me, you want some aid, yes?"
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: December 20, 2011, 10:35:00 pm »

((Yeah, I figured. And yeah, no disguises for me. :())

In a way? Rykmar thought. Perhaps a healer then. That might even be better.

"Pleased to meet you, Kroan of Sylos. I was just curious what someone such as yourself was doing here. You seem a cut above the rest of this group."
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: December 20, 2011, 10:44:36 pm »

(Dude, you make some of the BEST stories for playing in! Loving the descriptions and the story for each character! Also, I'm feeling pretty boss right now.)

Rhogar looked over the traveling party, which was of quite a large size for a party. He had personally tended to go at things alone, but had fought in groups for a task from time to time. Most people tended to avoid him or at least keep their distance, as was the case here. This suited him fine, seeing as only he was allowed to claim the source for his god, which meant forming attachments to any of these people was unwise and would only become more painful later. He decided that he would stay with them for now, to ease his journey and make getting to the fortress alot easier.

He decided to pass the time with some foraging and prayer, making sure to check on the progress of his opposite twin when out of sight of the others. He had to make sure that he had a good lead on it, as that lead could be the deciding factor in his task.

>Go hunting for food, pray a little to Kron, check the progress of my enemy and make sure we get moving soon towards the fortress.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: December 20, 2011, 10:47:25 pm »

Spoiler: OOC (click to show/hide)

EDIT RESPONSE

Spoiler: New response. (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 20, 2011, 11:11:50 pm by Tiruin »

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: December 20, 2011, 10:51:38 pm »

((Eh? You don't need to wait until next turn to carry on a conversation, if that's what you mean.))

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: December 20, 2011, 11:13:10 pm »

"Cut above? Oh, you mean my clothes. Oh where I come spellcasters are rare, yes very rare...The whole community chips in to help in our education and anything we need to further our abilities. This robe here cost us most of our harvest...the staff, well it was the last spellcaster's staff. A hand-me-down...you could say."

Saren paused for a little while before asking the stranger.

"But enough about me, where do you come from...and if I may ask, why are you seeking the Source?"
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: December 20, 2011, 11:21:15 pm »

Rykmar mentally snickered to himself. Some sort of mage or shaman from a tribe of impoverished bumpkins, how cute.

"Ah, I come from far away. My... tribe, such as it was, was wiped out by marauders, and my kin elsewhere are less than friendly. Unusual customs, and such. In any case, I seek the Source for power's sake. I hope to rule this world someday."

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: December 20, 2011, 11:28:28 pm »

Her suspicions were confirmed. Just another power-hungry fool looking for the easy way to power. Shame really.

"Um, that's very...nice."

Wanting to change the subject, and seeing the blade on Rykmar's hip, she asked, "So I'm guessing your a swordmaster of some kind? That blade of yours looks interesting. Know any swordforms?"

He seeks something...my abilities or my belongings?
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: December 20, 2011, 11:43:20 pm »

"Ah, not quite. I'm a bit of a dabbler, really. I can handle a blade, but I'm also adept at magic. It's good to be flexible, you know.

But as for you, where do your talents lie? You said you were... something like an arcanist, but almost seemed to not like the question."

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: December 20, 2011, 11:57:00 pm »

"Well the word 'arcane' means secret, correct? Well my art isn't secret, just difficult. I'm a..."

Think, another word for conjurer in this blasted tongue!

"Summoner, yes a summoner. I bring things into existence...Not what you wanted, I believe?"
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: December 21, 2011, 02:37:35 am »

Rykmar was forced to laugh internally. A summoner, meeting a demon using mundane means. This was proving to be an amusing day, if nothing else.

"A summoner? That must be quite useful. Do you have a particular focus? I didn't specifically need your aid with anything, I was just curious."

When done speaking to conjurer, attempt to find a lackey or minion of some description.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: December 21, 2011, 02:51:23 am »

"Goodbye then...I have business of my own to take care of."

Well...at least he meant no harm...
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: December 21, 2011, 02:56:55 am »

"I see. Farewell."

Rykmar scowled as he walked away. That summoner had been extremely evasive, and his attempts to secure an ally had failed. He wondered if the lizard was already in thrall to the larger reptile, or perhaps some other demon.

Well, no matter. If failing to acquire information or favors from a summoner was the worst failure he suffered today, he'd probably be above par. Now to locate a more reasonable, probably less skilled 'ally'...

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: December 21, 2011, 03:03:36 am »

Goseki noticed the hands drop to, she presumed, a blade of some sort; then saw the hands spread wide. She smiled, showing her few remaining teeth.

"A gift? Well... Don't see it as quite as selfless as that, I suppose... I said the only thing I can do to earn my passage is a bit of herbing, let's say I have to start earning somewhere, eh? There's no need to return such an act."

She saw Feleris look up towards the approaching man, and bent back to gathering the Trotter's Balm leaves to let them get on.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 24