Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 24

Author Topic: Fortress of Blood-Dungeon Crawl RTD/Turn 6 Dragons Challenge, The Demons Howl  (Read 37930 times)

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
Re: Fortress of Blood-Dungeon Crawl RTD/Turn 5 Tension
« Reply #300 on: January 30, 2012, 11:43:39 am »

Working on the turn right now, btw. I planned to update this weekend, but maptools D&D attacked again. :P
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Fortress of Blood-Dungeon Crawl RTD/Turn 5 Tension
« Reply #301 on: January 30, 2012, 11:50:32 am »

Fun times, too. :3
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Fortress of Blood-Dungeon Crawl RTD/Turn 6 Dragons Challenge, The Demons Howl
« Reply #302 on: January 31, 2012, 10:34:18 am »

Saren Of Tyria/Micelus...Ochita...Felerius/Tiruin...Goseki Sakane/Lawastooshort

Saren takes a walk around the camp to ease her troubled mind...she runs into Halbarad, who seems agitated-Feleris the Elf has been gone a while.

Meanwhile, Ochita delves into his books, searching for answers, or maybe just momentary distraction...

Goseki speaks quietly with Tsuna in the dark.

Feleris emerges from the brush, to Halbarads relief. Then confusion, as he looks upon Lwy'nna

"Feleris, what took you...and who is this...?"

All are distracted by a sudden flapping of wings and a bestial Draconic roar from above.

A few moments later, they hear a booming and sonorous hissing voice from above, conveying not only boundless rage and power, but a sly, almost sensual femininity...the first words are in Draconic, a language of which Ochita knows a bit by lore, and of which Saren knows what few words her Lizardfolk language shares with it. Feleris has never heard it at all, and Goseki only can pick up fragments.

After, it seems to change it's voice a bit, and begins speaking in the common tongue.

"Wux mablik iri bevi ekess lowd sia opsolaic thaczil? Nomeno goawy geou qe dout ariloexokarthel.

Come and face me Mortals, before I get impatient..."

Everyone in the camp is awake by now, shaking off sleep and hurriedly donning armor and weapons-and gathering the center. All hear the beating of the Dragons wings off to the North, then a tremendous thump as she lands in the field.

Halbarad runs a slightly shaking hand through his ruddy hair.

"This isn't good. What do you suppose we should do?"

Ochita recalls he has a few books on Dragons. Actually fighting one is a frightening prospect.

Goseki notices Tsuna seems to be a bit unnerved, perhaps not wanting to endanger the mission fighting this beast up front.

Saren notices a few wary, maybe hostile glares-or thinks she does. Maybe they think she is in league with the Dragon...she tries to call her spider, and grimaces. She can't feel it's presence clearly anymore. It's not dead...but it's not gone...

Feleris sighs. Lwy'nna reclines her body back against him, purring like a cat. Hmm, not the time for this, Feleris thinks.

{"Mmm...Dragons are so amazing, aren't they Feleris? I once knew a Dragon that lived around here. Maybe I could tell you about him sometime. Assuming you don't get yourself eaten up by one before then."}

Feleris is about to explain his new companions strange words, when he notices no one has heard Lwy'nna's words-and she's not moving her mouth when he hears her speak...she must be using {telepathy} to communicate with him.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Rhogar/Zako

Rhogar lines up his hammer for a mighty throw, visualizing the arc he needs to hit two of the fleeing thieves...

Rhogar Accuracy vs 4

Sneaky Kobold A-1  [hit]
Sneaky Kobold B-8+2 = [miss]

Spent 25% Stamina

He hefts it with a bellowing war cry! It flies true, striking the first Kobold dead at 10 paces-then it arcs around...the second Kobold, seeing the fate of his friend, twists his body sinuously and the hammer misses him by a quarter inch.

Rhogar catches the hammer with a grunt, spinning his body to the left, and arcing a lightning bolt at the last one...

Rhogar Accuracy vs 2+4=6

Sneaky Kobold C 2+2=4 [Hit]

Effect=8

It reduces the Kobold to a greasy green smear on the ground. Along with whatever he had stolen. Oops.

Spent 50% Piety
+Slaying blow refunds 10% Piety

Rhogar feels a sudden drop in air pressure-presumably as the Kobolds spirit, slain by lightning, is harvested by his God. Then he hears the voice of Kron, a bit annoyed.

"A Kobold? What am I supposed to do with this! Eh, maybe he can clean my boots or something..."

The voice fades to indistinct muttering.

Rhogar Catch vs 8

Kettle Run C 5+2=7 [Pass]

Rhogar takes off running into the brush, seeing a score of the little bastards in a group ahead, as he wades in...he's looking...Kettle! In a fit of inspiration, Rhogar points to Kettle from across the field and makes a 'gimme' gesture. The kobolds, ever courageous, seize Kettle by the arms and throw him at Rhogar's feet, before scampering off into the forest.

Rhogar strides over to the Kobolds whimpering form.

"Yark! Kettle say it not personal, right? Just business? No kill? Please?"

Rhogar grunts, and opens his pilfered pack...

Items Stolen
3, 3
Amount
1, 3

All his stamina potions are gone. He growls.

Stolen:3x Stamina Potion/Restores all lost Stamina

Spoiler: Inventory and Status (click to show/hide)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Rykmar/IronyOwl

Rykmar follows the same path he took back to the camp. His Demonic vigor makes it easy to keep a quick pace.

But he can't help but notice something-while he's no Ranger, Rykmar can see the marks and prints he made in the stone and sand.

And Vorathus prints, right beside them. Following them, and likely his scent, right back to the cave...

When he crests the Hill, he sees what has happened-Vorathu lured Cria out of the cave with his lies, and she now lays sprawled in a twisted heap, screaming with agony from a Fel arrow to her left thigh. Rykmar knows by experience, that Vorathus arrows are deadly-they inflict living torture on those they strike, far beyond a mere flesh and blood wound. She'll die if he doesn't help her remove it.

Crias pain glazed gaze turns back, and falls over Rykmar, standing on the Hill.

"It hurts so much...Rykmar! Please, help me..." She says...Rykmar feels magical control of both the Ash Shadow and the Skeletal hand ceded to him, through her. If she dies, he won't be able to control them, but they should respond to his mental commands for now. Unless Cria falls unconscious or worse.

Rykmar merely looks carefully down into the gulley...this is Vorathus favorite game, after all-set the bait, catch the bigger fish....he knows rushing in would only get the both of them killed. So he stays calm.

?

vs

?

He thinks he sees a flash of movement. Is that Vorathu, kneeling behind the tree? The shape is right...

Spoiler: Inventory and Status (click to show/hide)

Quote from: Combat Pet, Ash Shadow
Mobility: -1
Reflexes: -1
Power: 1
Intelligence: -2

Armor: 2
Magic Resistance: -2
Effects:
Incorporeal/You take half damage from physical sources, but double from magical ones. You cannot pass through walls, but you can squeeze your body past even the tiniest crack.
Invisibilty/You are invisible to the naked eye in any area not under direct light. Cannot go invisible in combat.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile

((I've got you, you little bastard. YOUR ASS IS MINE!!))

Rhogar's gaze turned cold and hard, as he walked calmly up to the kobold, wrapping his large hand around it's scrawny neck.

"I want you to understand this, just so you can see how badly you have slighted me. You have taken advantage of my hospitallity, you have stolen my possessions, shown disdain for my generous offer and DISGRACED ME INFRONT OF MY GOD!"

Rhogar took a moment to calm down, and spoke again in a cold and deadly tone.

"Do you know what my people do to thieves? They kill them, or if they are truly insulted, cut off both their hands as a mark of shame. I shall do neither to you, you aren't that lucky."

Rhogar promptly then stomps down on both knees of the kobold, breaking both legs.

"That's so you don't run away. Now listen closely: You are going to agree to my GRACIOUS offer, and lead me into the fortress through a safe passage, because not only is it good business but it will also be better for your health. In return, I shall let you live and even keep my end of the bargain.

If you do not wish to accept my terms, I'll drag you to the fortress by your legs, and well see how cooperative you are then."

Rhogar then turns to the darkness and shouts:

"AND DON'T THINK YOUR LITTLE FRIENDS CAN HELP YOU EITHER, LEST THEY WISH TO TASTE STEEL."

Rhogar turns back to the poor kobold that's still in his grasp

"Do we have a deal?"

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile

"Rykmar..." a voice whispered from the shadows. "Look, Rykmar, look. At. My. Handiwork!" How could Rykmar not look at his woman - his pet - sprawled upon the dirt, crying in agony from the arrow? Not a killing blow - that would come later - but one that would cause pain and prevent her from escaping... leaving her at his leisure to approach and finish whenever he wanted. A greater agony and cruelty than just killing her outright: letting her have hope that he might lose interest and leave, but knowing he was watching, waiting, and when her suffering started to bore him, he would most likely hurt her again, or perhaps just finish her.

"Couldn't protect her, hmm? No. Couldn't." A high-pitched, insane cackling filled the area as Vorathu's Guilt, once Vorathu Brightblade, taunted him. "Can't protect her. Poor Rykmar, too weak. Smells less than a whole soul. What's left is for you, and for Vorathu maybe? Nothing for Cria, beautiful pet. Fun pet. Just. A. Pet. Worthless to Rykmar, yes. A fun toy to occupy nights. Nothing more." Although he couldn't see him, Rykmar could probably feel the Guilt's mood suddenly change from playful to aggressive. "Should have taken up brother's offer. Wouldn't be in this predicament, no! Cria, still whole. Still healthy. Wouldn't suffer now. Rykmar, selfish bastard. Her injury, your fault. All. Of. This, your fault!"

Was Vorathu, perhaps, circling around in the darkness? "Rejected Rakmiel, first mistake. Left Cria, second mistake. Came back... final mistake. Ready to die, Rykmar? Ready to become part of Vorathu's pack?" A laugh, angry, that sounded as if the Guilt's tongue was lolling out of his mouth. "Rykmar, following Vorathu, the alpha. Subordinate. Maybe Vorathu take Cria, too. Give both to Rakmiel. Watch result. Laugh."

SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
Re: Fortress of Blood-Dungeon Crawl RTD/Turn 6 Dragons Challenge, The Demons Howl
« Reply #305 on: February 01, 2012, 03:17:58 am »

Racist uncouth barbarian bastards! Just because I have scales and happen to be somewhat related to dragons...

Saren, looking angry at their unvoiced accusations, said quietly to herself, "Racists..."

Turning away from them, she cast a simple spell. She conjured up a large stone wall directly a few metres above the dragon. She wouldn't need to make it permanent; 30 seconds was more than enough.

((If above is impossible then))

Saren looked at the dragon, a cousin-people of the lizardfolk, tries to commune with it. In the tongue of her tribe she says, "Sorry cousin for our trespassing; can we right our wrongs in anyway?" Should that have absolutely no effect due to the dragon not understanding, summon up an earth elemental directly under the dragon and run around the dragon.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2012, 02:02:53 pm by micelus »
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
Re: Fortress of Blood-Dungeon Crawl RTD/Turn 6 Dragons Challenge, The Demons Howl
« Reply #306 on: February 01, 2012, 03:46:37 am »

"Come, Tsuna. A ninja's place is in the shadows, not in the front line of battle. There are those among us far better equipped than we to fight such a beast."

Goseki will retreat into the nearest shadowy cover and not participate in the possible fight, whilst using her Reckoning skill on the dragon and envenoming some hidden knives.

If fighting does break out, she will not participate unless one of the other party members is in mortal danger, at which point she will activate her Wisdom and throw a Storm of Hidden Blades at the dragon's (or other opponent's) eyes.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: February 01, 2012, 05:26:58 am »

((That was surprising. I can't use braces now to say my own questions  :P. Perfect, another thing that I can't do. Telepathy.))

'Well, there goes any chance of a good night's rest.'

"Lwy'nna," Feleris whispered, holding a hand up to his mouth to mask his words while tilting his head in her direction, "they are the most magnificent beings I've seen with my own eyes, but this isn't the right time to do this. We don't want to fight this dragon-- well, I don't, not now. I can't get anything it is saying. This seems to be a misunderstanding of sorts though, it isn't attacking."

He lowered his hand and looked to Halbarad, "No time to explain. She is a friend." He turned towards the dragon and gripped his bow while putting his other hand on his breast, ready to draw an arrow from his quiver if need be. He hoped this was really a misunderstanding and did not wish anything to happen this close to the Fortress.

"We wish not to fight! By what reason do you have to attack us?"

((If this fails or if it doesn't reply in the common tongue))

Feleris cast a glance at his new companion. "Lwy'nna, stay safe," he said in the most sincere tone he could muster, ignoring his upper body wounds.

He then stiffens up as he searches for any weakspots in the dragon. The joints or in between the scales sounded a nice place to lodge something sharp, but not to kill unless it was truly needed.

Use Aimed shot
« Last Edit: February 01, 2012, 07:31:58 am by Tiruin »

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: February 01, 2012, 08:11:12 am »

The Adventurers fan out, each preparing to fight the Dragon-each looking for a telling weakspot in the thick cage of scales that is a one of their kinds natural armor...but the field she landed in is covered in a inky black fog, obscuring most efforts to perceive it from afar. A large murky shape can be vaguely seen within.

Even Saren was wary of conjuring a wall-since if it missed, her MP would be completely expended. Then again, it would be hard to miss.

Feleris is the first to actually address the Dragon, warily calling, with his bow drawn.

"We wish not to fight! By what reason do you have to attack us?"

A few seconds later, her voice answers him.

"Attack you? What ever gave you the impression I wanted to attack you, Mortal? I come here with to speak..deal. Business. Proposition...

If you are truly brave, come forth into the shadows and speak with me, Sylvan who Courts Chaos. Or you others...

What about you, Old Woman who is Not who she seems?

Disgraced Daughter of the Lizardfolk?

The Blind man, who looks in a mirror, and sees only lies...

I see you all, and I know you all."

Feleris hears a low hissing chuckle.

OOC:@ Tiruin/ Technically, it's two way telepathy when you're just 'speaking' back to her. I cede you back {braces} for your questions and take ~tildes~. :P

@Micelus/I was a bit confused with your action-are you dropping a wall on its general position right away, or waiting to talk?

Also I'll keep the RP shorter from now on. :P

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: February 01, 2012, 08:33:23 am »

((Noooo! {Braces} work it well! :P))

'How...did it- she, know?'

Feleris relaxed his posture. He felt weary from his fight by Lwy'nna, and the lack of sleep for days have been getting to him. But he did his best not to show.

{Stay back Lwy'nna. Unless you can help here, I don't want the others to know who...what you truly are.}

"Into the shadows? If it is a proposition you seek, deliver it here where all can see! We don't want anything less than a peaceful agreement. Nothing to hide, no tricks to be thrown, if you truly know us all, that is."

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: February 01, 2012, 09:04:08 am »

A seconds hesitation...

"...and I suppose you and your friends will enjoy looking for gaps in my scales while we chat amiably, in which to shoot your foul little arrows?

A clever ploy. How about I take the aspect you are passably familiar with,  Feleris Valinar?"

Feleris squints as the shadows fade-there is a shifting of the form within...revealing Ravena the Blackguard in full armor. She was before now, Stromgands probable lover and ally-the man who lead this expedition.

She takes a short half bow, like an actress after a particularly satisfying performance.

"Surprises all around.

Shocking, isn't it? Who could have guessed the one who organized this ragged band from the beginning-the one who led Stromgand to the maps of this place, and told him of the Source, filled his head with dreams-was not quite who she seemed? Oh, I played him perfectly...maybe came to enjoy his company. But in the end he was merely a toy...

..and soon, I must report, most likely cast away. My Father flies by the Dawn with our forces, to lay waste to Stromgands camp. A pity.

Ahh, I do so love this tragedy, drama, irony, the turn of fate...you secrets, your lies and planned betrayals of your friends, it all comes to nothing in the end... I heard them all in the dead of night. I know."

She walks toward Feleris, mace drawn, and a cold grin her face.

"Think not this fleshly form weakens me in any way, my brave, valiant heroes. I retain all my Draconic strengths, and more so.

As for peace? There can be no peace here. This land is blood cursed. You will all die here.

It is already done.

...but, perhaps I can be convinced to not be your reaper...

It's what your...little Goddess would want, isn't it, Feleris? For you to speak, rather than fight?"

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: February 01, 2012, 09:22:54 am »

Feleris tried to mask his surprise. He guessed it did him no good, but try he did.

Did she- Ravena, read minds, or act on what she was foretold by any reason? How did she really know?

"The Goddess let's her followers choose whatever path they deign to take. I...wish to know your reason. If it is a fight you want, then let us fight, leave them out of this. But go answer my compatriots first, I do not speak for us all.

He hoped his words went out the way he wanted them to, ere the Blackguard notice anything to suspect.

For a moment, and from what he remembered of Vusted's words, the thought of Stromgand and Ravena being...Ugh, why did his thoughts have to run around like this. Especially at this time.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: February 01, 2012, 09:39:05 am »

Ravena swings her mace over her shoulder.

"Very well. Let it be known, I do not intend to harm you, nor bar your way on this hopeless quest...I merely seek an accord, a mutually beneficial agreement...I guess some of the more virtuous among you may call it a deal with the Devil.

Does anyone have anything to say?

Or is the Sylvan the only one among you with the fortitude to speak with me?"

She favors Feleris with a sly look.

((Opening the floor to the other players now. :P ))

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rhogar breaks with Kobolds legs without hesitation, a fierce grin on his face.

His ultimatum is a little bit more effective this time, but the Kobold seems to gather what courage he has...

"Hurt Kettle...hate you...

...but, Kettle no dumb. You kill after he show you the way.

heh, heh...

Swear Oath that Kettle will not die if he shows you the way into the fort.

Swear Oath...to Thunder God to do so, or maybe just kill Kettle now..."

Well, he gets marks for spirit. The kobold grins defiantly.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2012, 09:43:21 am by Dwarmin »

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: February 01, 2012, 11:33:30 am »

"Hm. I suppose that I shall speak my tongue, as rare few get to see a dragon, much less talk to it."
Ochita strides forward, showing that he was the one to talk.
"And now you are the blackguard, a human who is-Was evil. If you seek a deal from us, then either we will lose dearly, or you shall gain greatly, and I believe that any devil would explain the terms, before the deal is forged."
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: February 01, 2012, 11:47:55 am »

Ravena glances over at Ochita, with the look of a cat toying with a mouse.

"Ahh, the favored son, if he but knew.

Before we speak of deals, answer me-Did you like my gift before, Ochita? I could give you more of that, if you liked it...and it doesn't have to hurt, either. I am capable of many things, not all of them cold and dark."

She takes a casual step toward him, with a hint of cruel amusement dancing in her eye.

Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 24