Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 24

Author Topic: Fortress of Blood-Dungeon Crawl RTD/Turn 6 Dragons Challenge, The Demons Howl  (Read 37929 times)

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile

"Niece? Family is good...kep ta kenk-ak. Creek Greek hope you keep young one safe-Fortress of Blood is very dangerous, tikka ra...abash la."

Goseki tries to get a good reckoning of the bird-man. But, it's not long until she realizes he know's what she's doing-and that he's doing it back to her. He's been trained in the Art of the Ninja, or close enough to that with his own race.

"Creek Greek interesting to old woman, maybe, to keep looking? Grik Atala-caw! What want knowing, old one? Issha bah?"
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile

"Very interesting, yes - I've never seen one of your kind before," Goseki lied, "You can fly? I've never seen such wondrous large wings..."

((tee-hee, I forgot about his ninja-ness))

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The Kenku puffs himself up proudly, extending his long raven colored wings to show Goseki. She does remember most Kenku are extremely vain.

"Creek-Greek too young to fly for real, paaka caw. But wings help float, jump and glide...be very quiet, Creek can be, never hear coming from above his enemies do...curtla-caw...killr-de-fash-dah..."
« Last Edit: January 07, 2012, 10:58:15 am by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile

Feleris turned back to Halbarad, "Related...in a way, maybe.

"We share a...complicated history; petty feuds and incursions for resources and on ideas to say bluntly, nothing much to cause a war.. Just small misunderstandings and the usual grudge- but I don't think it matters now, we're all gathered here, allies for a just cause, and the past...is the past," he tried to brush away any intervening thoughts about the Dark Elf.

"So, about our camp." He thought of shifting the subject to a more suitable topic, either to the future or to anyone nearby. "Are we expecting any danger? I'll be taking the First Watch."

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile

Ochita breathed a sigh. While others were talking, he was resting up, slightly out of breath from the run, plus the nerves from the camp. He explores the camp somewhat, searching for someone, the conjurer, and he finds her.. Tending to a giant spider? He shrugs, and kneels next to the lizardfolk. "Hey. Remember me, from the bigot camp? Hm, its good to see that you're alright in any case.. This is an assassain spider, isn't it? The blood seems a bit.. Off."
 Ochita frowns, and reaches into his book bag. Also glancing at how messy saren was
"Well.. I *might* be able to do something. If I could get a sample of whatever is splattered on you."
 He shrugs, and waits for the conjurer to reply.
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile

Goseki overheard Feleris and glanced silently at the Jiang ninja before speaking up in her gentle voice.

"I'm sure my niece here would be able to take the second watch, if you've a mind to accept our help?"

Later, when she was sure they were close enough not to be overheard, she would turn to the girl.

"Young Daughter, my name is Goseki.I know there is much simmering resentment between us, but we must put it behind us for the moment, for the good of all mountainfolk. I have lived for near four score years, and still I see things beyond my knowledge on these travels. We know each other. I swear to you on my blood that I mean you no harm. For the moment, we have everything to lose and nothing to gain if we fail to band together against this barbarous world. Will you play your role? Now, before the birdman came - you were asking?"
« Last Edit: January 07, 2012, 05:08:19 pm by lawastooshort »

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile

Rykmar frowned slightly at the ring. He liked the idea of having Naliel with him, but quickly dismissed the notion on Cria's account. Even if all she did was mention that they'd been intimate before, that was probably not what Cria needed right now. He doubted she could handle the insinuation that she wasn't special to him all that well, and even if that wasn't a danger or nuisance to him and his mission, he liked her better when she realized she was better than everyone else. Except him, but that went without saying.

So, that left Rakmiel. Truth be told, he didn't want Rakmiel here at all- frankly, Rykmar feared his power, and throwing him into a situation as vital as this was just asking to be hurled bleeding off a ledge as his brother claimed the Source. On the other hand, he'd have to settle this sooner or later, and he didn't for a moment believe that it'd be as easy as claiming the Source unmolested and then effortlessly brushing his rival aside.

Regardless, both at least warranted an answer; Naliel out of politeness and Rakmiel out of importance.

To Naliel, he kept his message short but apologetic: Would love to, but have another angel now. Very sensitive, can't handle 'competition.' Sorry, maybe later.

Rakmiel's response was even briefer: Proceed.

While waiting for a response, he briefly tried to tune back in to Cria's ramblings. He found them genuinely interesting, and he liked giving her the attention, he just had other business to attend to as well.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Rp-Turn

"So, about our camp." He thought of shifting the subject to a more suitable topic, either to the future or to anyone nearby. "Are we expecting any danger? I'll be taking the First Watch."

Halbarad seems to find that question funny.

"Ha! In the shadow of the walls of the Fortress of Blood? You'd better believe it, friend. Don't think the light of our campfires will chase away most of the things out here...

I'll take watch with you, Feleris."

Behind them, another group of adventurers-Halbarads allies, joins up. There's only two of them left, unfortunately.

Halbarad approaches the two with a weary look.

"Mercy of the Gods...only two?"

The male removes his hood-Feleris sees he is a Sylvan Elf, if a little bit...rough around the edges, like Elves are when they have to spend time in Human cities. It's clear hasn't spend much time in the forestlands. He might even be an outcast.

"Yes...we were attacked by...red things. Spiders. Hundreds of them...it was all we could to do to escape ourselves..."

His companion, a female Human wearing the robes of a priestly order over her armor, nods with some regret.

"One made it out with us-Brula-but...I couldn't save her. The Toz-Blood curse, it was...too strong. She was changing. She asked us to put her out of her misery."

She casts her eyes down in regret, and the Sylvan puts his arm on her shoulders, speaking to her quietly.

To Feleris's view, the way the Sylvan Man comforts the Human woman indicates they are more than just good friends.

"If you haven't met them Feleris, I'd like to introduce you to Farahir and Velanora Nightbreeze. They're a couple, so you could say I have a soft spot for the both of them..."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To Naliel, he kept his message short but apologetic: Would love to, but have another angel now. Very sensitive, can't handle 'competition.' Sorry, maybe later.

Rakmiel's response was even briefer: Proceed.

Cria seems to be happier when you pay attention to her. Big surprise.

"Look at this Master-most Ash Shadows cannot go through solids, but I believe with a little work I can..."

She rambles on and on.

Rykmar hears two *pings* in his mind.

The first one comes with a faint feeling and a strong memory-of Naliel purring and running her claws on your chest. Like old times...

Rykmar

It's like that then? All right...I won't hold it against you next time we meet. Much.

But, don't you worry-your 'Angel' can find a way out of the Hell-Planes, she always does. And when I do, I'm coming for you-and your other girl. Hey, maybe we can tear your mortal apart together, like we did that one time to that Noblewoman...and then we can be together and alone again.

Still wanting you bad
                  Naliel

There was that *one* time...needless to say Naliel makes a mess when she's jealous. But the make up? Exquisite

The second one obviously is much less formal. You open the link, and are drawn into the Hellplanes-your body keeps walking and staring, and nodding at Cria as if she's the most important thing in the world.

In Rakmiels court...

Rakmiels court is how Rykmar remembered it-stuffed with living Hellbeasts in cages-most of them look like Earthly creatures, with a infernal twist, being larger, red skinned and horned. The more exotic ones are borne of nightmares themselves, and best not described to mortal ears.

It sounds like a Zoo in here, because that's what it is. Rakmiel Lordly function is war animals-for the field, and the grand arena.

Rykmar knows these...creatures...obey his brothers commands. And can be released with a flick of his clawed hand. And they could follow him back.

His brother approaches-he really does look like your brother would, with the same general body features-tall, lean red skin, black hooves and long tail. His eyes are dark green-imbued whorls of blood red within. Though, by dint of age, everything he is a little bit more than Rykmar. He's taller, and has darker, richer skin. Compared to Rykmars tiny horns, Rakmiels horns are fully grown and arcing into the trademark demonic halo. Spending time in Hell has actually given him true Demonic musculature. Rykmar can't help but feel a little...discouraged, in his presence.

Needless to say, Envy could be watching and enjoying every minute.

He speaks-his voice can be just as sweet and seductive as Rykmars, but he has every ounce of control and more that his brother does over his emotions. His smile, charming and toothsome as ever.

"Brother. You came.

Do you trust everyone in the Nine Hell-planes so easily these days?

Because, from what I've gathered...you've gotten yourself into some trouble."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Goseki overheard Feleris and glanced silently at the Jiang ninja before speaking up in her gentle voice.

"I'm sure my niece here would be able to take the second watch, if you've a mind to accept our help?"

Later, when she was sure they were close enough not to be overheard, she would turn to the girl.

"Young Daughter, my name is Goseki.I know there is much simmering resentment between us, but we must put it behind us for the moment, for the good of all mountainfolk. I have lived for near four score years, and still I see things beyond my knowledge on these travels. We know each other. I swear to you on my blood that I mean you no harm. For the moment, we have everything to lose and nothing to gain if we fail to band together against this barbarous world. Will you play your role? Now, before the birdman came - you were asking?"

The young Ninja seems to be confused.

"It was nothing... I was going to ask you about blood-who your mother, and father were. Like I said, nothing...

...For whatever Oaths mean, I also swear not to harm you in turn, as long as you do not keep me from claiming the source.

We shall work together for now.

Also, to be fair...my name is Tsuna Jiang. Can we dispense with the 'mother-daughter' routine, then-It was getting tiresome, don't you agree?"

Goseki senses this is probably the first time Tsuna has actually treated her with anything other than veiled hostility.

« Last Edit: January 08, 2012, 11:14:13 pm by Dwarmin »

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile

"Formal? Well I wouldn't call it that at all. You see, in my land spellcasters are rare, quite rare. When one is born, they're usually apprenticed to the last spellcaster. My master was a conjurer and so was I."

Saren glanced at Feleris and Ochita. In truth, she had hoped not to see them again...She had told them too much. She then looked back at the dark elf and asked the dark elf why she was pursuing the Source, mostly just so that she wouldn't focus too much on her own background.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile

"We can, yes, although I think it may be useful in front of the others, at times... My mother's name was Chinatsu; my father's was Kubikiri." finished Goseki, barely concealing her pride at this last name.

Later she would end their conversation:

"So. Will you sleep while I take the first watch?"

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Feleris wondered why Halbarad's entourage was only a handful of warriors and casters. Counting them all, they numbered even lesser than a full militia squad.

But...maybe it lessened their chances of getting spotted? The image of those red eyed creatures entered his mind again and gave him reason to worry. He brushed it away and returned to the topic at hand.

"Greetings Farahir, Velanora." He nodded to each of them at the sound of their name. "I am gladdened to see that others have made it this far.

"Since I'm taking First Watch along with Halbarad, I'd better be off searching for something we could all use and maybe even eat as the day is wasting away even as we speak. And we need to plan ahead for the coming dangers. If the spiders were as powerful as you say, then I will lend my aid."

Feleris cast a short glance over to Ochita, then to those at the rear of the party. It seemed his old friends made it out alive too and were happily conversing with each other. So the Dark Elf- Alithra, was a bard he said? If he had his flute by now (which was sadly burned early in the expedition) then they could at least have some nice music to cheer the spirits, but they all were gathered for a purpose, and he steeled his heart towards their main goal.

The Source was not for everyone, he was told, but what was the use in seeing death before you could even get a glimpse of what it truly was?

He turned away and started whistling a merry tune.

(Try to Gather Herbs/Forage for supplies or food in the nearby areas, stealthily.)

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile

Goseki noticed the elven ranger searching out amongst the bushes, and deduced he was foraging again. She slowly rose, and made her way over.

"Looking for something tasty, Feleris, I think it is? Apologies, my memory for names is not what it was... Now, tasty plants and herbs, that's another thing altogether. What have we got here?"

Aid Feleris in his forage. Offer to cook up some tasty spiced strawpotato stew if we manage to find any. Or just some rockturnip soup otherwise.

At least rockturnips should plentiful this far North, Goseki thought to herself, and at least I can barely taste the foul buggers now!

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

His tune was interrupted by someone, luckily it was someone familiar.

"Goseki? Is that you?" Feleris said with a hint of surprise in his voice. "By the Goddess, I didn't think you would make it since that Storm struck- err, my apologies if that sounded off. I'm glad to see you again!"

"Something was on my mind lately, you never told me you had a little friend on your journey. I hope she's alright after all the danger I've heard, she is taking the Second Watch tonight, isn't she? Anyway, I'm glad to see that mostly everyone I've met is still safely alive and well.

"Now, back to foraging, shall we?" he finished with a smile, noting the elder's willing poise in the search.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile

"Then I don't need to go over it," Rykmar replied smoothly, smiling back. "But tell me, you wouldn't really call me here just to maul me with beasts, would you? No, I think you've got something else in mind. So tell me, what's this you wanted to speak of? Something to do with my troubles, or was that just making conversation?"
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"You jest brother-on the appointed day I have foreseen, your torment will be legendary...but, let us leave talk of such pleasantries aside for now."

Rakmiel folds his hands, one over the other, in an oddly monk like gesture.

"Let me show you the most pleasing prophecy I recently received. Perhaps you shall enjoy it?"

Rykmars vision expands into the other worldly...he sees a possible future...

Rykmar is standing upright, but his head is bowed. He can't seem to find the strength to raise it. The Nine Demon Princes encircle him, once again.

"You have failed us, Rykmar." One of them intones-he can't say which. It could be Envy...right? Probably not.

Rykmar tries to find a way out, an excuse, a ploy. Nothing. He's finished. The Source is out of his reach...forever.

"You were a fool to trust me." Says another voice, and he can almost feel the smirk. "Now you will pay the price."

Rykmar cannot protest-for, at that moment, he feels an awful anchoring sensation...they are binding him back to the Hell-Planes and eternal torment in the Courts of Nine.

The vision fades...almost. Rykmar makes out something happening-something...there's a flash of bright light, a deeper darkness, and a tumult of action. His sword is out, and something dies by his hand, cursing his name. There is a smooth hand on his shoulder, a whisper and...nothing. The vision ends.

Rykmar comes back to his senses.

"I received that from my Mistress, and she never lies in matters of foretelling-though I've been known to...

It is not something that will happen...but it is something that might. I suppose it tells you nothing you have not guessed might happen. I thought it might help us come to an agreement.

Quite simple, really. Help me take over Hell, by taking the place of one of the princes. You are so close, Rykmar-they are vulnerable in their arrogance, to treat you not as a threat-as the threat I know you are. You are in a position to strike...

In return, I'll help you take the Source-instead of trying to kill you and take your place. I can do so much better, you know, especially with that cringing woman you keep as a pet.

It is a simple trade.

Once I have obtained my spot on the Council of Nine, I can free you...from debt. Or, do you truly think Greed shall ever let you go? Or Lust? No brother-they own you, even if you are too proud to admit it. Only I can save you from that fate.

And I shall-not because of we are brothers, but because no one can break a sworn oath taken in the Hell Planes. You know this as well as I. We are nothing if not creatures of Law."

Rakmiels gaze takes on a distant, dreaming look.

"Just think about it for a moment, Brother...once I have consolidated my position in Hell...and yours in Earth...think of the Wars we could wage against one another for supremacy, with the Humans in between, as our puppets, dying at our whims. Can you envision it? The carnage, the bloodshed. It would make the Heavens weep-it would break even the heart of that Paladin who vexes you so...a pleasing thought, I think, for both of us."

Rakmiel unfolds his hands.

"It's up to you, brother, to believe me or not-to deny me, if you dare. Choose now.

Will we be enemies tomorrow or allies today?"

« Last Edit: January 11, 2012, 07:40:46 am by Dwarmin »

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 24