Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 24

Author Topic: Fortress of Blood-Dungeon Crawl RTD/Turn 6 Dragons Challenge, The Demons Howl  (Read 37917 times)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile

"Business, I think. Though... they needn't always be separate." He smiled and sauntered a bit closer to the bed. "Have I told you about my newest pet? Poor little thing, always alone, always hated. Crouching in tombs, reading books for company..." He gave a genuine, gloating grin, sitting down leisurely on the bed, close enough for conversation but not enough to imply anything else. "Naturally, I told her she was desirable, talented, and beautiful, offered to help her with every problem she'd ever had, and promised she'd never be sad or alone again."

Rykmar couldn't help but licking his lips, being genuinely proud of and pleased with that particular development. "Of course, I'm likely the first person since she was a child to not throw stones at her, much less walk right up to her and tell her she was beautiful and that I wanted to be near her, but I can't imagine that'd make her want anything improper." He was grinning ear to ear. "Ah, but of course I'm here for different business. I'd rather like a certain something back, and I'm sure there's something else you'd like from me...? Service, perhaps?"

I have a feeling that this will end badly...
((Yeah, that's why I tried to dodge it the first time. Wrong answer.))
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile

Lust smiles dazzingly, coiling a caressing hand around Rykmars head. Rykmar is smiling outwardly, but his soul is screaming in agony at the prospect of being torn apart again.

"I've heard of your pet...the poor little thing. I want her for a Handmaiden.

But, all the Demons are talking about her-Wrath wants her too. So does Envy, and Apathy has his own designs. She's a valuable commodity Rykmar, since you brought attention of her to us...she will make a fine gift, if you were to say...promise her soul to one of us?"

Lust laughs in a decidely ugly way.

"She'll need you soon, like water in a desert-you'll be everything to her. The most precious being in the World...and you'll show her love, or at least the closest she'll ever get.

Make sure you hurt her when you are done, Rykmar. But leave her wanting-make sure she derives no pleasure or joy from anyone else ever again...so she can long from you from afar, never being fufilled.

Such souls as hers always come to me, in time."

Lust leans forward, her pleasing curves dominating Rykmars vision.

"Mmm...business and pleasure. I do have a task for you. Come a little closer..."

He leans forward against his will...and she abruptly rises, denying Rykmar...and leaving him wanting her. Badly.

Lust makes a few hand motions-the flesh from the floor rises with an agonised moan, forming a scale model of the Fortress of Blood.

Lust points a pretty nailed finger to a spiraling Tower in the west of the structure, within the walls.

"This tower. It was the home of a certain Warlock once upon a time, one of the foul Demon Enslavers. We got him in the end...but his stole something of mine. Or, I should say someone. A demon the Nine sent to tempt him, one of my own-whom he imprisoned in a vanity mirror for failure-an ironic and justified fate, I say.

I'd like you to retrieve him, Rykmar...free him from the mirror...and then destroy his physical form-send him back to me. So I can properly...punish him."

Lust smiles at the thought, and walks back toward Rykmar. She leans over him, taking his chin in her hand and tilting his face up to meet hers.

"It shouldn't take too much time out of your quest...and there are many treasures in there besides. And you get your portion of soul back when I get his. Assuming you get past the guards, but who could stand against you, Rykmar?

A sweet deal, isn't it...very sweet...do we have a deal?"
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile

Rykmar tried not to think too hard about what was probably guarding that tower, or how powerful his target might be once freed.

"We do," he said, attempting a smile. "Will that be all?"
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Lust grins.

"Just one more thing..."

Lust leans forward and kisses Rykmar. He falls under her-and she bends him down under her, making him whole, touching him tenderly, making him scream, tearing him apart, ripping and biting and clutching...

[6]

Rykmar holds is own during the 'festivities'. As Lust leans over him another round, he slips from under her gracefully, breathing heavily.

She tries to draw him back, but he is strong-calling on the emotion of Pride to shield him, using the thought of subjugating the world to shield him. He won't be conquering anything if he becomes just another one of Lusts shelf decorations. He peels her hands from his body politely, kissing them softly, and being careful not to offend her.

He stands up from the bed. Rykmar has managed to keep her from taking everything she might have wanted, but not all. Another slice of his Soul is gone. Such is price of infernal pleasure.

Gained Effect: Portion of Soul Removed, -20% HP permanently until recovered

Lust lays on her stomach facing Rykmar, hands under her chin, radiating power, pleasure and confidence.

"I enjoyed that, Rykmar, very much so..you can consider this an incentive not to fail. I'm sure you'll need more of me in the future. And Lust always provides."

Lust blows a kiss toward Rykmar. It burns into his cheek like a live ember. It feels great. He feels a certain fragment of her power growing within in.

Gained: Lusts Favor (now at Favored)
Skill Gained: Infernal Charisma/+1 Diplomatic rolls against Evil and Neutral aligned Humanoids when using charm instead of Intimidation, increases strength of successful persuasion attempts. You gain +2 to resist any magical attempts to control or influence you.

Lust smiles, and dimisses Rykmar with an imperious wave of her hand. He probably should, unless he wants to go another round...
« Last Edit: January 04, 2012, 09:22:17 am by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile

((Son of a... That skill is nice, though.))

Rykmar departs as rapidly as he can without appearing panicked or weak. If he had any sense, he'd probably flee the Hells entirely for now...

...but he still has business to attend to, and can't be certain of finding a more appropriate place to contact the Nine from anytime soon.

...also, he really wants to open that bag, but suspects its contents might depend on Greed's current favor.

Returning to the Nine from Lust's court, he approaches and bows to Greed.

"I'd like to thank you for your assistance earlier... by which I mean pay you, obviously. Is there anything you have in mind?"

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The Nine (five right now-Wrath, Envy and Zealotry seem to have left) seem surprised you actually returned.

Apathy rubs his eyes. "I thought you were a goner man. Never let a lady get her hooks into you, that's what I say...love em and leave em..."

Sloth chuckles.

"He...lost...more...soul...so weak..."

Pride even salutes.

"One hopes Rykmmmar enjoyed himmmself! Pride must always court Lust..."

Rykmar turns to Greed...

Greeds four faces don't betray anything-happy, mad, confused and depressed all at once. Coins and treasures rapidly shuffle from hand to hand.

"Yes. My Legal-Demons have determined I saved you 30% of your sum Soul total with my actions-judging by probability as logic dictated, and generously weighing it in my favor.

Do you have any recourse to doubt the Prince of Greeds claim? Granted, we could not technically sign a contract, given the circumstances...but, if we come to no agreement, I will be forced to remove your 30% immediately and return it to Lust as compensation, minus 10% for my personal fees."

Greed's faces shift unpredictably-but each shows a bit of unrestained smugness, all the same.

Rykmar takes a moment to think. Of all the Demons, Greed is the most patient, and the most calculating. He has no doubt Greed has been subtly influencing Lust to toy with him, putting him in a tough position for this very reason.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2012, 09:53:18 am by Dwarmin »

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile

Rykmar raised an eyebrow ever so slightly. Now Greed was entitling himself to 40% of his soul.

He took a long, slow breath, contemplating his options. Fundamentally, he didn't have any. As a creature of no small greed himself, he was aware that that was largely the goal.

The only saving grace he had was Greed's patience... and his greed, obviously. Ultimately he'd rather get more later than a little now, and more than less. Of course, as the goal was to be out from under him as soon as possible, both could be a bane as well. The fact that he himself was greedy didn't help, as he could think of nothing he might find that he'd want to hand over.

"Yes, well," he said, after several moments of thought, "fortunate that I am nearing a place with many valuable things and many creatures to interact with, then. I am sure we can think of something you'd prefer to a tenth of my soul." He felt a bit apprehensive labeling the value at 10%, rather than 30% or 40%, but unless Greed saw some value in robbing Rykmar or enriching Lust- and as a creature of unbridled Greed, hopefully he wouldn't- that was the situation. He could default the deal and take his 10%, or he could accept Rykmar's bargain, once he had one.

"However, I'm a bit uncertain as to the details," he continued, "Service would be preferred, for obvious reasons, but I don't know what opportunities might lie within. Physical payment is not preferred, but may be viable depending on what I find, which is again uncertain.

Perhaps a wager or challenge of some sort? Grant you the first magic item I discover, search and loot every room in a corridor, no matter how perilous, acquire the possessions of the highest master of the first creature I encounter, something like that?"

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Greed rubs his chins. Then he speaks. Alot.

"Wager, you say? My favorite word.

Let us say, you have 24 hours beginning from the time you exit the Hell Planes-using the time system of the mortal plane-to gain me a treasure or treasures-which can be defined as any precious object, secret, soul or person, physical or immaterial-worth the sum four tenths of your soul, and we shall consider the matter settled. I will give you an additional allowance of four and one half hours to sleep and play with your pet.

The worth is determined by the source you liberate it from-living or dead. The more valuable it is-or was-to the owner, the more value it it is to me-but it will difficult for you to please me with anything less than three. Taking it by force is acceptable, but it will be sweeter to savor if you obtain it through seduction, trickery or haggling from a willing being.

Personally, I'd request something from the hoard of the Dragon that dominates the upper floors of the Fortress of Blood. A Silver Scaled species. His name is Sthyr'Sone and he is as selfish and destructive as the rest of his kind-but, the specifics I leave up to you.

If payment is not due in full in 24 hours time, our deal is considered null and void-and I will deign to renegotiate your contract *or* seize your soul in full, regardless of the treasures you might have accumulated at that time. I can obviously withhold the seizing of your soul for some time, assuming you are willing to continue the service...and you pay a fine, of a specific amount to be determined by myself at that time.

For purposes of fairness, I will send one of my Merchant-Imps along with you, to appraise the value of goods in my name. He might also have other uses, and will follow your orders otherwise faithfully. But if he should come to harm through either your action or inaction, you will owe me another 10% of your soul in compensation for his loss.

Does this deal satisfy you in full, Rykmar? Or perhaps you'd like to request additional stipulations?"
« Last Edit: January 04, 2012, 11:25:40 am by Dwarmin »

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

A few moments pass, with Rykmar not speaking. Greed seems to be getting annoyed.

"...Rykmar, I'd like to think I'm a creature of business. If you would like to deal with Lust on her own terms, I'm more than willing to finish our transaction right here-I profit no matter the outcome.

Just don't waste my time-which is the most valuable asset of all, naturally..."

Greed pulls a small hourglass from one of his pockets-which has that Nine Hells touch of dripping blood instead of sand of course-and crosses all his hands. You've got about 5 or 6 minutes by the look of it.

"I've always found setting a time limit helps...motivate my employees. Don't you want to be my employee, Rykmar? Be a team player?

I'd like us to have something worked out by the time the last drops falls."

((OOC: In this case, RL hours will count for minutes. If Ironyowl can't post by then, we'll move on and do the turn. :P ))

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile

((Bump for Rykmar  :D ))

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Turn is actually pretty much ready. Will post in the next hour.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile

((Oops, sorry. Kept meaning to get around to this, but distractions. :())

"Two," Rykmar said. "One, 'harm' is to be refined to 'death.' Two, the imp is to be able and willing to carry large amounts of potential possessions, or else some alternate method provided."

((NINJA'D: Doh.))

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Greed chuckles evilly.

"Good that you caught that. My Imp would have gladly pricked himself with a dagger for you to give up another soul piece. Death it is! I'm sure he won't commit suicide on my behalf...

Also, the Imp has a bag just like I gave you-his is full, and for holding many things...yours is empty and for taking things out. You have tried it, haven't you?

Ah, no matter. Do we have a deal now, Rykmar? Time is running out."

Greed motions to the glass. A minute left, maybe.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile

"We do."

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Greed snaps his fingers, and a glowing Hell contract flies down for Rykmar to sign. He does.

"Good! The deal is set! The Wager in motion-best of luck and all that Rykmar."

He waves his hands for Rykmar to move back to the center of the room. Luckily, the Nine seem to have lost interest in him...for now.

Yet, Zealotry seems angry-like always.

"ARE YOU STILL HERE?"

((If you don't have any more business in Hell, post your actions for when you land back on Earth in the next turn.))

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 24