Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: 120 Idle Dwarfs! I need a project!  (Read 1849 times)

GotIt_00

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Liar
    • View Profile
Re: 120 Idle Dwarfs! I need a project!
« Reply #15 on: December 15, 2011, 09:08:34 pm »

You really have all the industries running and have that many idlers? How big is your military? How many haulers do you have? Just curious, as I've always wanted to get all the major industries going at the same time. Usually I just get food and steel going.

Armv

• Bay Watcher
  • Factotum Savant
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 15, 2011, 09:49:01 pm »

I do have all the industries running! ...save for soap making. I am sitting on several hundred nuggets of mined iron ores, with most of the others. Enough to keep enough smelters going to keep my legendary smiths busy (Strange mood weapon, two armor, and a trained up crafter). The food stock pile has enough to keep the cook and the brewer going at maximum -- and the three legendary bone carvers are set on repeat for bolts. They aren't making a dent in those stock piles (First line of defenses is a single platform that goes for 20 tiles, and each side has a forty Z level drop. This is over looked by my marksdwarves -- so plenty of bones). And yeah. Glass. Leather crafting. My military is thirty strong -- 10 archers, 10 hammer dwarves, and 10 axe dwarves. Danger rooms might have been used. ...anyways.

It's concluded! Operation: Liberate HFS is in affect. First step is to produce enough steel to fully armor those idlers, the addy will be used to arm them. Second step will be to carve out something fun for the HFS to wander through. I might use repeating spikes for this. Maybe. Finally? It'd be time to dig deep.

King DZA

• Bay Watcher
  • Ruler of all things ruleable
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 15, 2011, 09:52:02 pm »

So...you're not going to build a massive, shining monument to me?

GotIt_00

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Liar
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 15, 2011, 11:05:23 pm »

I do have all the industries running! ...save for soap making. I am sitting on several hundred nuggets of mined iron ores, with most of the others. Enough to keep enough smelters going to keep my legendary smiths busy (Strange mood weapon, two armor, and a trained up crafter). The food stock pile has enough to keep the cook and the brewer going at maximum -- and the three legendary bone carvers are set on repeat for bolts. They aren't making a dent in those stock piles (First line of defenses is a single platform that goes for 20 tiles, and each side has a forty Z level drop. This is over looked by my marksdwarves -- so plenty of bones). And yeah. Glass. Leather crafting. My military is thirty strong -- 10 archers, 10 hammer dwarves, and 10 axe dwarves. Danger rooms might have been used. ...anyways.

That sounds like quite a fortress. Nice work, and I hope you enjoy your utter demise Fun.

Wannazzaki

• Bay Watcher
  • [PRONE_TO_RAGE:9001][TOO_HAIRY][ADAMANTINE BEARD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 16, 2011, 08:48:43 am »

Idlers you say? Smooth the fortress. Smooth the mines. dig more rooms and mines to smooth. Then engrave it. all of it. Use your 5-6 highest skilled engravers to do this part. When your done? DO IT AGAIN!
Son of Slaanesh, full of desire, He does cocaine and his head's on fire! DOOOOOOOOOOOOOM Rider! Doom rider! Na na, na na!

hjd_uk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 16, 2011, 09:26:40 am »

^^ Make sure every natural stone is smoothed and engraved. Also : organise your stockpiles into material / type as per the stockpile options. Dump all your waste into an atom smasher.

And make enought soap to build a bathouse out of... and then make a bathhouse out of soap.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #21 on: December 16, 2011, 01:50:56 pm »

^^ Make sure every natural stone is smoothed and engraved. Also : organise your stockpiles into material / type as per the stockpile options. Dump all your waste into an atom smasher.

And make enought soap to build a bathouse out of... and then make a bathhouse out of soap.

And fill the water with pollutants so the Dwarves are in a perpetual state of washing.

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
  • True neoliberalism has never been tried
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 16, 2011, 02:00:28 pm »

That's an idea for an Unfortunate Accident machine. Are dwarves' priorities screwed up in such a way that you could build a contaminated bathhouse, with soap everywhere, with access to a food stockpile, but built in such a way that a dwarf will choose to be in an endless cleaning cycle rather than ever go get something to eat or drink?

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #23 on: December 16, 2011, 02:03:10 pm »

That's an idea for an Unfortunate Accident machine. Are dwarves' priorities screwed up in such a way that you could build a contaminated bathhouse, with soap everywhere, with access to a food stockpile, but built in such a way that a dwarf will choose to be in an endless cleaning cycle rather than ever go get something to eat or drink?

Should be. If all else fails you could always make a vomit machine above your Dwarves :P

As for accident machines...

Someone once made a machine that slowly harvested all of the Dwarves that tried to take a sock...

One by one...
Pages: 1 [2]