Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Fey mood  (Read 1256 times)

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
Re: Fey mood
« Reply #15 on: December 15, 2011, 02:31:59 pm »

If a moody dwarf needs rock blocks, they'll usually say rock blocks.

Yea thought so. I have ever noticed the stone bars request at all... derp.
This is a blank sig.

Kestrl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 15, 2011, 02:36:28 pm »

OH GREAT my chief medical dwarf just got throw into a fey mood  >:( what work shop would he need to make stuff?

Garath

• Bay Watcher
  • Helping to deforest the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 15, 2011, 02:45:28 pm »

my mayor just got a mood - while the outpost liaison is visiting.... he left unhappy
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris
Jam a door with its corpse and let all the goblins in. Hey, nobody said it had to be a weapon against your enemies.
Quote from: Frogwarrior
And then everyone melted.

Sphalerite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Drew's Robots and stuff
« Reply #18 on: December 15, 2011, 02:55:46 pm »

OH GREAT my chief medical dwarf just got throw into a fey mood  >:( what work shop would he need to make stuff?

What are his skills?  'chief medical dwarf' doesn't say anything about what moodable skills he has.  If he has no skills other than medical and social skills, he needs a craftdwarf's workshop.
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius --- and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.

Kestrl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 15, 2011, 02:58:32 pm »

What are his skills?  'chief medical dwarf' doesn't say anything about what moodable skills he has.  If he has no skills other than medical and social skills, he needs a craftdwarf's workshop.

the only skills he has that don't have to deal with his job is grower and fisherdwarf

Garath

• Bay Watcher
  • Helping to deforest the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 15, 2011, 03:13:03 pm »

craftworkshop then, default for anyone without any relevant skill
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris
Jam a door with its corpse and let all the goblins in. Hey, nobody said it had to be a weapon against your enemies.
Quote from: Frogwarrior
And then everyone melted.

Iapetus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 04, 2012, 05:58:05 pm »

My bone carver just got a fey mood.

He was demanding body parts and cut gems.  I had some of both (and butchered a yak and cut a few more gems, specially for him), but he just sat in his workshop until he went mad.

Does anyone know what would cause that?
Engraved on the floor is a well-designed image of a kobold and a carp.  The kobold is making a plaintive gesture.  The carp is laughing.

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 04, 2012, 06:04:28 pm »

My bone carver just got a fey mood.

He was demanding body parts and cut gems.  I had some of both (and butchered a yak and cut a few more gems, specially for him), but he just sat in his workshop until he went mad.

Does anyone know what would cause that?

Did he have any bone or gem listed among his preferences? Though in my experience when they are particular to one specific kind of material, they say it in fey mood at least- e.g. Gold bars instead of just metal bars.
"Fools dig for water, corpses, or gold. The earth's real treasure is far deeper."

Iapetus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 05, 2012, 01:12:09 pm »

Did he have any bone or gem listed among his preferences? Though in my experience when they are particular to one specific kind of material, they say it in fey mood at least- e.g. Gold bars instead of just metal bars.

Red spinel, turtle shell, and yaks.

Although I didn't think moody dwarves were picky about their gem and bone types.
Engraved on the floor is a well-designed image of a kobold and a carp.  The kobold is making a plaintive gesture.  The carp is laughing.

Sphalerite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Drew's Robots and stuff
« Reply #24 on: February 05, 2012, 01:17:20 pm »

If he had turtle shell among his preferences, then 'body parts' probably meant he wanted shell.  It probably didn't have to be turtle shell, but some kind of shell was required.
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius --- and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
« Reply #25 on: February 05, 2012, 01:18:49 pm »

I'm really looking forward to the next release of DFHack, since it'll have a plugin which will be able to answer all of these "what does my moody dwarf want" questions.
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.

krenshala

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 05, 2012, 02:48:14 pm »

If he had turtle shell among his preferences, then 'body parts' probably meant he wanted shell.  It probably didn't have to be turtle shell, but some kind of shell was required.
For cut gems he may have wanted cut glass, as well. I've run into that one before ...
Quote from: Haspen
Quote from: phoenixuk
Zepave Dawnhogs the Butterfly of Vales the Marsh Titan ... was taken out by a single novice axedwarf and his pet war kitten. Long Live Domas Etasastesh Adilloram, slayer of the snow butterfly!
Doesn't quite have the ring of heroics to it...
Mother: "...and after the evil snow butterfly was defeated, Domas and his kitten lived happily ever after!"
Kids: "Yaaaay!"

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
« Reply #27 on: February 05, 2012, 05:14:38 pm »

For cut gems he may have wanted cut glass, as well. I've run into that one before ...
Are you absolutely certain about that? From all of my experience, dwarves only request glass in raw form (and they'll always make it clear that they want raw glass, as opposed to rough gems), never cut.
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.

Callista

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 05, 2012, 06:29:12 pm »

Never got a request for cut glass. They have used cut glass gems for a demand for cut gems, though.
Pages: 1 [2]