Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Fey mood  (Read 1265 times)

Kestrl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Fey mood
« on: December 15, 2011, 12:07:52 pm »

ok, so my Blacksmith went into a fey mood and is now standing in his workshop demanding body parts and stone bars.

i know what they are but i don't know how to give them to him, i made a corpse stockpile next to him (with the body of the last failed Fey mood dwarf >.<) but he doesn't do anything, i also need the stone bars, but i don't have any metal in my mine (all chalk and clay and i'm trapped by a cave spider infested cavern under my fortress, blocked off with hatches though), would melting my copper battle axe my woodcutter uses (i got a bronze on in a weapon stockpile) give me enough metal for my dwarf?

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
Re: Fey mood
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2011, 12:13:24 pm »

Body parts = bones. Slaughter some stray livestock. You do have dogs/cats/crundles dont you? :)

Stone Bars = Rock blocks. Use masons workshop to make a few.
This is a blank sig.

Callista

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2011, 12:16:10 pm »

He wants animal body parts--slaughter something or butcher a hunted animal and let him at those. It has to be a butchered animal, not some random victim of starvation or whatever. He'll gather things himself, once you have them. You don't need to have the stockpile particularly close to him. Do you still have the horses from your embark wagon? You could butcher one of them.

Do you have any ore you could smelt? That'll give you metal bars. You'll need fuel, of course. Burn wood to charcoal to get that. I'm pretty sure "stone bars" refers to metal. That's what satisfied one of my moody dwarfs when he asked for them.

This could be useful to you--
http://df.magmawiki.com/index.php/Fey_mood
« Last Edit: December 15, 2011, 12:17:55 pm by Callista »

Kestrl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2011, 12:20:09 pm »

He wants animal body parts--slaughter something or butcher a hunted animal and let him at those. It has to be a butchered animal, not some random victim of starvation or whatever. He'll gather things himself, once you have them. You don't need to have the stockpile particularly close to him. Do you still have the horses from your embark wagon? You could butcher one of them.

Do you have any ore you could smelt? That'll give you metal bars. You'll need fuel, of course. Burn wood to charcoal to get that. I'm pretty sure "stone bars" refers to metal. That's what satisfied one of my moody dwarfs when he asked for them.

This could be useful to you--
http://df.magmawiki.com/index.php/Fey_mood

no i don't have any ores, that's why i am trying to smelt my copper battle axe, that's one of the three things i have that are metal.

i yeah i got the yaks from my embark wagon, i'll go chop them up

Callista

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2011, 12:23:36 pm »

I don't think you'll get enough metal from a single battle axe... If I were you I'd get your miners searching for ore.

And--hate to say this, but--build a door for the room the workshop is in. You can forbid the door if the dwarf goes insane, so he won't start killing his friends or jump down your well and contaminate it.

Kestrl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2011, 12:33:59 pm »

ugh....probably the only way, my butcher shop seems to be abandoned, my animal dissector won't do anything, he's just sitting in my food stockpile not even eating or drinking, just sitting there

Callista

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2011, 12:44:38 pm »

You should have him set as "butcher"--"animal dissector" is something different.

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2011, 01:04:49 pm »

Wrong - "stone bars" means metal bars (DF doesn't know the generic word for "metal", since both metals and stones are considered INORGANIC materials).
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.

Kestrl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2011, 01:11:01 pm »

You should have him set as "butcher"--"animal dissector" is something different.

did that, it worked, thanks, now to find out how to make a military actually do something. got attacked by a goblin thief and the only people that attacked it where my dogs, lost too of them, my assigned military people did shit all

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2011, 01:23:47 pm »

Give them a [m]ove order through the [ s ]quads screen. When they see an enemy, they'll run after it and attack.

Callista

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2011, 01:35:02 pm »

Check the military page on the wiki. Worked for me. One caution--Make sure to schedule them to train as well as have some off time. If they don't, they'll go nuts on you because they hate being constantly stationed in the military. I think you can avoid that problem if you have really experienced fighters, but I haven't seen that yet.

You've got bone now; try making some bone crossbows and bolts for them to practice with. They'll need an archery target and some barracks assigned..

Garath

• Bay Watcher
  • Helping to deforest the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 15, 2011, 01:50:42 pm »

set a few cage traps at the entrance, that should keep those thieves off of you untill you figure the game a bit better.

mine to the sides a bit to see if there is metal - any metal, or maybe you can mine around the carvern

melting down a few items wont help much, check the melting page in the wiki how much each item contributes
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris
Jam a door with its corpse and let all the goblins in. Hey, nobody said it had to be a weapon against your enemies.
Quote from: Frogwarrior
And then everyone melted.

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 15, 2011, 02:07:50 pm »

Wrong - "stone bars" means metal bars (DF doesn't know the generic word for "metal", since both metals and stones are considered INORGANIC materials).

I stand corrected. What is the statement requesting rock blocks then? Cant say I have ever seen a moody dwarf yelling for stone bars, but then again I do tend to have lots of the stuff lying around.
This is a blank sig.

proxn_punkd

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a better dove story than Twilight
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 15, 2011, 02:19:24 pm »

If a moody dwarf needs rock blocks, they'll usually say rock blocks.

Garath

• Bay Watcher
  • Helping to deforest the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 15, 2011, 02:26:22 pm »

somewhere up is a link to the moods and what they ask for, including a list what expresion is for which item
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris
Jam a door with its corpse and let all the goblins in. Hey, nobody said it had to be a weapon against your enemies.
Quote from: Frogwarrior
And then everyone melted.
Pages: [1] 2