Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: I Love sub-forums  (Read 1990 times)

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello, Death. How's life?
    • View Profile
Re: I Love sub-forums
« Reply #15 on: December 15, 2011, 12:04:26 am »

While I agree that threads should be in the "correct" section of the forums, I feel compelled to point out that questions about how to do stuff, or how to do it better, that deals specifically with Fortress mode is appropriate for the Fortress mode section of the forums.  Same for Adventure mode stuff and its respective subforum.

Aside from the general lack of annoying trolls (there are some entertaining ones, of course, which I very much enjoy ;) ) one of the things I like about you guys here is that even a noob question in this subforum generally turns into a discussion about how things work in Fortress mode ... and then how to either weaponize it or kill it with magma ... or both. :D

And the best way to kill a thread with magma is well-known.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Quote from: Mr Frog
Talvieno ... seems to be able to smash out novella-length tales on demand

Brotato

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware the Destroyer of Threads!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 15, 2011, 12:05:22 am »

While I agree that threads should be in the "correct" section of the forums, I feel compelled to point out that questions about how to do stuff, or how to do it better, that deals specifically with Fortress mode is appropriate for the Fortress mode section of the forums.  Same for Adventure mode stuff and its respective subforum.

Aside from the general lack of annoying trolls (there are some entertaining ones, of course, which I very much enjoy ;) ) one of the things I like about you guys here is that even a noob question in this subforum generally turns into a discussion about how things work in Fortress mode ... and then how to either weaponize it or kill it with magma ... or both. :D

Darn you Necro!!!!!!!
Dwarf Fortress: The only game where people will hold a logical discussion about why dwarves are putting on clothes.
OK, I have to reload the save.
There was a bit of a problem regarding flashfreezing, a ballistae, and a barrel of dwarven ale. Gonna fix it up.

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 15, 2011, 12:23:21 am »

YOU ARE DOING IT WRONG  >:(

YOU PUT THE SINGLE CHARACTER MODIFIERS ON THE OUTSIDE, YOU FOOL! AND FURTHERMO-

God damn it. I derailed another thread, didn't I? I'm fairly sure my presence alone is enough to end threads at this point :P

It's not as bad as my old internet name.

putnamehere3145.

putnamehere3145.

putnam

I SEE WHAT YOU DID THERE

And you are the first ever.

Some guy on a TF2 server starting calling me that and it stuck.
Fuck yeah!
FEAR MY SCHIZOPHRENIC ABILITIES OF SEGMENTATION! I SLUR SPEECH RHYTHMICALLY!

I got my name from looking through various prefixes, and chose a darker one. I started using Necro as my pen name since... third grade? I punch in false information such as on fake email adresses with names like Necro Phagus, and I get mailed as Necro more than my real name now  :P

Brotato

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware the Destroyer of Threads!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 15, 2011, 01:06:10 am »

YOU ARE DOING IT WRONG  >:(

YOU PUT THE SINGLE CHARACTER MODIFIERS ON THE OUTSIDE, YOU FOOL! AND FURTHERMO-

God damn it. I derailed another thread, didn't I? I'm fairly sure my presence alone is enough to end threads at this point :P

It's not as bad as my old internet name.

putnamehere3145.

putnamehere3145.

putnam

I SEE WHAT YOU DID THERE

And you are the first ever.

Some guy on a TF2 server starting calling me that and it stuck.
Fuck yeah!
FEAR MY SCHIZOPHRENIC ABILITIES OF SEGMENTATION! I SLUR SPEECH RHYTHMICALLY!

I got my name from looking through various prefixes, and chose a darker one. I started using Necro as my pen name since... third grade? I punch in false information such as on fake email adresses with names like Necro Phagus, and I get mailed as Necro more than my real name now  :P
Good job, you can pretty much kill any thread at this point can't you Necro?
Dwarf Fortress: The only game where people will hold a logical discussion about why dwarves are putting on clothes.
OK, I have to reload the save.
There was a bit of a problem regarding flashfreezing, a ballistae, and a barrel of dwarven ale. Gonna fix it up.

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 15, 2011, 01:20:18 am »

At this point I don't even have to be in the damn thread. I've derailed ...3? threads without even being in them.

I am both proud of my infamy, and terrified of my parole violation  :P

krenshala

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 15, 2011, 09:29:24 am »

At this point I don't even have to be in the damn thread. I've derailed ...3? threads without even being in them.

To try and keep this on topic ... perhaps we need to request a Necro910 subforum? You know, so all the magma threads can be properly sorted. ;)
Quote from: Haspen
Quote from: phoenixuk
Zepave Dawnhogs the Butterfly of Vales the Marsh Titan ... was taken out by a single novice axedwarf and his pet war kitten. Long Live Domas Etasastesh Adilloram, slayer of the snow butterfly!
Doesn't quite have the ring of heroics to it...
Mother: "...and after the evil snow butterfly was defeated, Domas and his kitten lived happily ever after!"
Kids: "Yaaaay!"

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 15, 2011, 10:18:56 am »

To try and keep this on topic ... perhaps we need to request a Necro910 subforum? You know, so all the magma threads can be properly sorted. ;)
Hmmm...

What would be the discussion topic of said subforum?

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 15, 2011, 10:37:00 am »

Hmmm...

Magma, of course.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 15, 2011, 10:42:56 am »

Hmmm...

Magma, of course.
:o

I think that would be a tad too resource intensive for just one aspect of an entire game. You'll need to convince the Toad for that.  :-\

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #24 on: December 15, 2011, 01:31:32 pm »

The fortress forum however, is full of smart people.

Of course the term is applied loosely...

Delta Foxtrot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 16, 2011, 02:59:03 pm »

I wouldn't call them people either.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #26 on: December 16, 2011, 03:11:33 pm »

I wouldn't call them people either.

I wouldn't say a single part of the forum is any smarter either :P
Pages: 1 [2]