Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Quick Question  (Read 594 times)

Celarious

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Quick Question
« on: December 14, 2011, 01:01:01 pm »

This may be a silly thing to make a thread about, and I may indeed be totally oblivious to the situation, but I've been wondering for a while now, what's with the lack of Dwarf Fortress updates? Everyone seems to be working amazingly hard, so my guess is that a FUCKTON of new features are going to be added in the next update from 0.31.25.

Am I right in thinking that everyone is working on a HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGE update?

helf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Quick Question
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2011, 01:06:27 pm »

There is no "everyone". Just toady is coding DF. His brother helps with game ideas and what not, but only tarn does the coding.

The next update is apparently getting close to release and it will be adding quite a bit of stuff. Have you looked at the main page for DF at all? He has been posting updates fairly regularly. www.bay12games.com/dwarves

Please use the search function, this has been talked about a million times already.
YOUR GAMES GLITCH: Hey, I got out of the map boundry!
OUR GAMES GLITCH: Hey, a horrid monstrosity just migrated to my fortress! Let's recruit it!

Tharwen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2011, 01:23:04 pm »

Where's the Google Docs page with all the new features?

Someone post it at the OP nao!
[Signature]

Gatleos

• Bay Watcher
  • Mournhold... City of Light... City of MAGIC!
    • View Profile
    • Someone Sig This
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2011, 02:23:31 pm »

Here it is.

And yes, Celarious, there is a FUCKTON (as opposed to DF2010's MEGAFUCKTON) of features going in this time.
Think of it like Sim City, except with rival mayors that seek to destroy your citizens by arming legions of homeless people and sending them to attack you.
Quote from: Moonshadow101
it would be funny to see babies spontaneously combust
Gat HQ (Sigtext)
++U+U++ // ,.,.@UUUUUUUU

hermes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2011, 04:23:09 am »

Here it is.

And yes, Celarious, there is a FUCKTON (as opposed to DF2010's MEGAFUCKTON) of features going in this time.

Hehe, you know I don't remember clearly what went into DF2010 but this release *feels* like more.  Adventure mode looks to be twice the game it is currently, and fortress mode not too far behind.  There are going to be some great stories coming from the new release.
We can only guess at the longing of the creator. Someone who would need to create one such as you. - A Computer
I've been working on this type of thing...