Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8

Author Topic: cheating, adds more FUN or less FUN?  (Read 8941 times)

King DZA

• Bay Watcher
  • Ruler of all things ruleable
    • View Profile
Re: cheating, adds more FUN or less FUN?
« Reply #15 on: December 14, 2011, 03:10:23 pm »

This thread just reminded me, I still need to mod my little bearded ones to be OK with the consumption of sentient beings.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #16 on: December 14, 2011, 03:28:07 pm »

This thread just reminded me, I still need to mod my little bearded ones to be OK with the consumption of sentient beings.

I assume that your Dwarves won't need to express their new found morals? Seems very unlike you :P

proxn_punkd

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a better dove story than Twilight
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 14, 2011, 03:51:46 pm »

I agree that it depends on the mods. I like modding in all sorts of plants, and that can make it very easy to end up with a fort full of food, because I instinctively want to try growing my modded stuff...

King DZA

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 14, 2011, 04:20:27 pm »

I assume that your Dwarves won't need to express their new found morals? Seems very unlike you :P

Well it's not to be cruel or anything, It's just because I feel bad about having the corpses of fallen opponents rot away in my refuse stockpile. They march all the way out to my little ol' DeathMaze to fight for their cause, and despite their(presumably) good intentions, most of those brave little warriors end up as rotting bags of flesh in the dirt. Well no such nonsense shall occur in my land!

So, by consuming their bodies, I am helping to continue the circle of life, and ensuring that no one goes to waste away dishonorably. Also, it will help to reconcile the long standing hatred between dwarves and elves, which means a more peaceful world overall.

It's all for the best, really.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2011, 04:36:57 pm by King DZA »

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 14, 2011, 04:43:43 pm »

Well it's not to be cruel or anything, It's just because I feel bad about having the corpses of fallen opponents rot away in my refuse stockpile. They march all the way out to my little ol' DeathMaze to fight for their cause, and despite their(presumably) good intentions, most of those brave little warriors end up as rotting bags of flesh in the dirt. Well no such nonsense shall occur in my land!

So, by consuming their bodies, I am helping to continue the circle of life, and ensuring that no one goes to waste away dishonorably. Also, it will help to reconcile the long standing hatred between dwarves and elves, which means a more peaceful world overall.

It's all for the best, really.
Oh well that's ni-

Also, it will help to reconcile the long standing hatred between dwarves and elves, which means a more peaceful world overall.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 14, 2011, 04:57:10 pm »

Also, it will help to reconcile the long standing hatred between dwarves and elves, which means a more peaceful world overall.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #21 on: December 14, 2011, 05:00:14 pm »

King DZA searching for world peace?

Be warned.

UltraValican

• Bay Watcher
  • The Man aiming to be a Man!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 14, 2011, 05:05:11 pm »

Mods like endless waves of monstrosities add Fun, while mods like "GUNS AND MAGIC!" remove Fun.

The levels of Fun and fun are related, but not identical for everyone.
Not unless everyone has them.
I mod plenty of stuff in and out.
My general world include
Hostile Dwarves
Friendly Goblins
Orcs
Dakka
Rifles(To add a age of explorationy feel)
No magic really.
Would you rather be an Ant in Heaven or a Man in Hell?

Meta The Golem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 14, 2011, 05:19:02 pm »

oh my god i just love you guys, maybe try to add a string command that makes the said dwarf an invader while at the same time putting him into permanent martial trance, and when he dies try to make him either explode in fire or ice. FUN!

King DZA

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 14, 2011, 06:00:13 pm »

Why's everyone looking at me so disapprovingly? Don't you want a world where each and every being is united in brotherly love under my unquestionable and benevolent rule as omnipotent god-king of everything? I'm pretty sure there was some sort of agreement among you all stating that as your one greatest wish...

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #25 on: December 14, 2011, 06:03:57 pm »

Why's everyone looking at me so disapprovingly? Don't you want a world where each and every being is united in brotherly love under my unquestionable and benevolent rule as omnipotent god-king of everything? I'm pretty sure there was some sort of agreement among you all stating that as your one greatest wish...

No that was the recently banned commercial played on TV for 0.002001 seconds by the broadcaster who happened to suffer an unfortunate accident at the time.

Funny, right about the same time you walked into the fort bar WURLD....

UltraValican

• Bay Watcher
  • The Man aiming to be a Man!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 14, 2011, 06:08:37 pm »

No, ithe world should be run by philosopher kings,...such as myself.....
Would you rather be an Ant in Heaven or a Man in Hell?

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #27 on: December 14, 2011, 06:12:08 pm »

No, ithe world should be run by philosopher kings,...such as myself.....

We happen to know a few things about !!PHILOSOPHY!!...

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 14, 2011, 06:13:29 pm »

That's only if YOU take MY head, remember.  ;D

King DZA

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 14, 2011, 06:27:36 pm »

Of course. I would never even think of commencing my supreme reign over the world without first taking the head of one of my dearest friendenemies.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8