Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8

Author Topic: cheating, adds more FUN or less FUN?  (Read 8926 times)

Meta The Golem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
cheating, adds more FUN or less FUN?
« on: December 13, 2011, 11:22:41 pm »

just trying to figure out how meany out there mod there dwarves for some crazy stuff, like exploding cats, or goblins hotter than the sun, maybe poisonous beer? Share your modding ideas here that make the game funner, don't be afraid to add cheats up,

King DZA

• Bay Watcher
  • Ruler of all things ruleable
    • View Profile
Re: cheating, adds more FUN or less FUN?
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2011, 11:28:16 pm »

Bitches.

Alestom

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazy Scotsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2011, 11:29:11 pm »

just trying to figure out how meany out there mod there dwarves for some crazy stuff, like exploding cats, or goblins hotter than the sun, maybe poisonous beer? Share your modding ideas here that make the game funner, don't be afraid to add cheats up,

.....I don't think there would be any dwarves left after year 1.....
If I had my time again, I know Id be a fighting man

In far Malay or Vietnam, Though I am more a lover

Psieye

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2011, 07:25:47 am »

A question so broad and vague, the best answer is probably "go to modding forum, browse the sticky there for worthy mods". Some of the more extensive ones are Fortress Defence, Genesis and Dig Deeper.
Military Training EXP Analysis
Congrats, Psieye. This is the first time I've seen a derailed thread get put back on the rails.

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2011, 11:38:45 am »

Mods like endless waves of monstrosities add Fun, while mods like "GUNS AND MAGIC!" remove Fun.

The levels of Fun and fun are related, but not identical for everyone.

thegoatgod_pan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2011, 12:41:51 pm »

The new reaction stuff in the next release should make explosive cats and beer that causes weredragondom possible
More ridiculous than reindeer?  Where you think you supercool and is you things the girls where I honestly like I is then why are humans on their as my people or what would you?

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2011, 12:43:25 pm »

mods like "GUNS AND MAGIC!" remove Fun.

Unless said "GUNS AND MAGIC!" are incredibly difficult to aquire, requiring the player to do many complex reactions with rare reagents. Then it's just dorfy.

FAKEEDIT:
beer that causes weredragondom
Now I know the first thing I'll try to mod when it gets released.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2011, 01:06:08 pm »

mods like "GUNS AND MAGIC!" remove Fun.

Unless said "GUNS AND MAGIC!" are incredibly difficult to aquire, requiring the player to do many complex reactions with rare reagents. Then it's just dorfy.

FAKEEDIT:
@First part: Then the endgame has less Fun. Unless... unless there's a 40% chance of fullbody necrosis! EUREKA!

@Second part: I'm going to make a plague initiated by small animals and spread airborne, causing insanity after a few years  :P

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2011, 01:32:37 pm »

FAKEEDIT:
@Second part: I'm going to make a plague initiated by small animals and spread airborne, causing insanity after a few years  :P
I don't think insanity is going to be moddable. Brain Beard necrosis, maybe?
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Qwernt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2011, 01:35:17 pm »

I don't think Insanity needs to be modde....  Oh, you mean in the game, not amoung the players  ;D

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2011, 01:36:33 pm »

FAKEEDIT:
I don't think insanity is going to be moddable. Brain Beard necrosis, maybe?

Quote from: Toady One
11/11/2011  I should be starting the cult work tonight (that is, cleaning a few issues and then making them matter in adv mode). There was an aside where I decided to make the vampire teeth lengthen when they are feeding, which I hadn't settled up to this point. After having their hair fall out by accident and having their faces morph around a bit, I got it working. The appearance/size modifier effects for interactions/syndromes are reasonably general, and there are a few conditions that syndromes can check now (such as drinking blood), so you could add a snake bite now for instance that makes dwarves that haven't had a drink for two years go berserk and grow them three times their normal size and bulge out their eyes. Not that we are putting anything like that in the vanilla game now, and there aren't that many conditions (it's sort of an eclectic mix based on the stuff that is tracked as counters on dwarves), but there are plenty of uses for that kind of thing. Anyway, yeah, vampire cults in adv mode should be fun. More as it goes in.
;D

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 14, 2011, 02:22:23 pm »

-snip-

so you could add a snake bite now for instance that makes dwarves that haven't had a drink for two years go berserk and grow them three times their normal size and bulge out their eyes.
;D

I assumed he meant using combat rage, (like with the [PRONE_TO_RAGE:X] token) rather than the type of insanity, but if really is insanity it will open many possibilities indeed.

EDIT: fixed crazy quote
« Last Edit: December 14, 2011, 02:26:51 pm by Deathsword »

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 14, 2011, 02:25:49 pm »

-snip-

so you could add a snake bite now for instance that makes dwarves that haven't had a drink for two years go berserk and grow them three times their normal size and bulge out their eyes.
;D

I assumed he meant using combat rage, (like with the [PRONE_TO_RAGE:X] token) rather than the type of insanity, but if really is insanity it will open many possibilities indeed.
[/quote]

If I can't have 28 dorfs later, I'll just have Dorf Rising  :P

FAKEEDIT: THE FUCK IS UP WITH THE QUOTES?

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #13 on: December 14, 2011, 02:51:22 pm »

Bitches.

'Nuff said.

My general attitude to it all is the only times I mod are to create story, or to make things more difficult for myself. If I mod the game and find it has made it easier, I mod something else to make it EXTREMELY HARDER.
Like Dwarf sieges that coincide with Kobolds who are not stupid.

OH and generally I give Kobolds [NO_EAT] and [NO_DRINK] so that they don't die during world gen.

Lemunde

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 14, 2011, 03:07:01 pm »

The extent of my modding is nerfing whips and adding crunchberries as a surface crop.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8