Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: Humble Indie Bundle #4 is go!!!  (Read 3763 times)

Flare

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Humble Indie Bundle #4 is go!!!
« Reply #45 on: December 17, 2011, 07:52:23 pm »

Did anyone else have problems activating the HiB keys on steam? Specifically the one that includes Dredmor?

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #46 on: December 17, 2011, 07:53:19 pm »

Did anyone else have problems activating the HiB keys on steam? Specifically the one that includes Dredmor?
Wut? I don't see dredmore on the list of games.

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 17, 2011, 08:21:22 pm »

Wut? I don't see dredmore on the list of games.

Dredmore was added to an older humble bundle, I believe.
[Will:1] You scream. You scream like a little girl in pigtails and a tutu, flailing ineffectually like a starfish on meth.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 17, 2011, 08:25:42 pm »

I've never had problems with Steam codes for Humble Bundle, but I heard some things about this new one and Sh...something.

Flare

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 17, 2011, 08:33:03 pm »

The key to the bundle is the www.humblebundle.com/?key=blahblahblah right?

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 17, 2011, 08:38:50 pm »

No, the Steam key is on that page. That is your bundle page key.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Flare

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 17, 2011, 08:40:23 pm »

Ah, thanks. I should have looked harder.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 18, 2011, 01:14:11 am »

What kind of order are you looking for?
Edit: And which set of soundtrack are you talking about?

Whichever Cave Story soundtrack comes with the bundles now.

I think I'm going for "order encountered" with the songs. I'm sort of ordering them as I play through.

Untouchable

• Bay Watcher
  • Gary Busey Smile Time Variety Hour
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 18, 2011, 02:10:29 am »

So Jamestown is pretty awesome and Nightsky is a charming little platformer with some decent action.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 18, 2011, 04:06:22 am »

TBH while not bad at all, this is not my favorite Bundle ever so far. I got it for GSB, mostly, but found it far less interesting than I expected (partly because the gameplay was more boring than I thought, partly because of the DLC fest they have going on). I guess I'll give a try to the others, but IMO I have more interesting games from older bundles (AZS, anything from the Introversion Bundle, Spacechem....)

It's still worth the purchase to experiment, given that it's a pay what you want, though. Pay one or two bucks and see if you like anything. And pump up the charity slider, while you're at that. That's what I did with the Voxatron bundle (oddly enough, Voxatron wasn't all that bad in the end, all things being said. And it's still in development)
« Last Edit: December 18, 2011, 04:09:33 am by ChairmanPoo »
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 18, 2011, 08:46:19 am »

What kind of order are you looking for?
Edit: And which set of soundtrack are you talking about?

Whichever Cave Story soundtrack comes with the bundles now.

I think I'm going for "order encountered" with the songs. I'm sort of ordering them as I play through.
Theres the original soundtrack (/data/base/org) & the new soundtrack (/data/base/ogg) within the actual Cave Story+ directory, and whatever the bundle soundtrack is. But the link quinnr post a bit back seems to be in about the right order for what you're looking for, so pick one and use that as a template, I guess. Theres also 2 Remix compilations, if you want to look through that.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2011, 08:56:16 am by Aklyon »
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #56 on: December 18, 2011, 08:54:12 am »

Is it bad that I've bought all but one of these humble bundles and always give the money to the developers or the humble corp, not to charity?

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: December 18, 2011, 09:35:58 am »

Is it bad that I've bought all but one of these humble bundles and always give the money to the developers or the humble corp, not to charity?
I always put the charity sliders down, too, at least lower than the defaults. Charities didn't make the awesome games, after all!
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 18, 2011, 09:38:54 am »

No, it's not bad. To each his own. In the first couple of bundles I shared it in equal parts among developers, bundle management, and the EFF. In Voxatron I upped charity because, meh, I wasn't too impressed with the games, and in the Introversion I boosted charity a bit over developers because the games were good but kind of oldie.

In this one I equal-parted again. Should have boosted charity instead, as I don't find any of the games particularily amazing.
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: December 20, 2011, 04:26:48 pm »

If you've previously purchased HIB4 or if you purchase over the average, you now get five of the HIB3 games. I've wanted to try VVVVVV for a while, so I guess this is a great time to start.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5