Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: Humble Indie Bundle #4 is go!!!  (Read 3771 times)

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: Humble Indie Bundle #4 is go!!!
« Reply #15 on: December 13, 2011, 05:41:44 pm »

THOSE MONSTERS! WHY DO THEY ADD THE GAMES I WEAKENED MY WILL TO BUY?!? NOOOOOO!

:'( I coulda saved the money... Those monsters...

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #16 on: December 13, 2011, 05:47:21 pm »

Already have most of these games. Wouldn't mind getting them DRM-freed, but would the price be worth it?

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 13, 2011, 05:47:52 pm »

Already have most of these games. Wouldn't mind getting them DRM-freed, but would the price be worth it?
Give it all to charity and the price is always worth it.

LASD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 13, 2011, 07:10:11 pm »

Awesome bundle except for Bit.Trip.Runner.

That game is absolute bullshit and this comes from someone who loves super hard platforming, like say the best game of the genre that's also included in the bundle, Super Meat Boy! (Also, I got Golden God in SMB and BIT.TRIP.RUNNER is more annoying than that)
« Last Edit: December 13, 2011, 07:13:46 pm by LASD »

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 13, 2011, 08:38:31 pm »

I got it. Downloading Spess battle now. I am a sucker for anything in spess.

My ships refuse to engage... They just sit and wait to die even after I put their attack at this point range up to max....
« Last Edit: December 13, 2011, 09:15:53 pm by Criptfeind »

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 14, 2011, 11:29:36 am »

Can your ships actually fire that far? The biggest ships are slower than flying rocks.
Also make sure you are on at least 1x speed.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 14, 2011, 11:44:14 am »

Yeah, you need to set the range near or lower than the max range of your weapons. The range is how close your ships will get to the enemy before they stop/try to keep at that range.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 14, 2011, 12:00:21 pm »

Just noticed they've netted over a million dollars. In...what, a day? a day and a half?  :o

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 14, 2011, 12:03:26 pm »

Just noticed they've netted over a million dollars. In...what, a day? a day and a half?  :o
The Humble Indie Bundle: Becoming decidedly better at making money every numbered iteration.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 14, 2011, 12:13:59 pm »

The Humble Indie Bundle: Becoming decidedly better at making money every numbered iteration.

They're becoming the Old Spice Guy of charity fundraisers.
"Look at this sick child. Now look at these games. Look down. Back up. All the sick children now have diamonds."

I mean, there are plenty of charities that would KILL for this kind of fundraising moxie. (And we all know killing for charity just leads to bad things...)

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 14, 2011, 12:22:31 pm »

Charity fundraiser/game sale, technically.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

Rilder

• Bay Watcher
  • Rye Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 14, 2011, 12:33:21 pm »

I mean, there are plenty of charities that would KILL for this kind of fundraising moxie. (And we all know killing for charity just leads to bad things...)

Killing for Charity, Sounds like some sort of weird group of assassins that use all the proceeds they get from assassinations to feed starving orphans.

What next? The Salvation Gangsters?
« Last Edit: December 14, 2011, 12:36:46 pm by Rilder »
Steam Profile
Youtube(Let's Plays), Occasional Streaming
It felt a bit like a movie in which two stoners try to steal a military helicopter

Lightning4

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 14, 2011, 02:35:35 pm »

In less than 24 hours, I think.

And yeah, pretty sure each successive numbered bundle is just going to shatter the records of the previous. Though it leaves one wondering just what they're going to do next that will raise the bar even higher than it already is.

klingon13524

• Bay Watcher
  • The Mongols are cool!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 14, 2011, 03:13:25 pm »

For those of you who have bought it, is the entire bundle a single Steam activation code, or is it made out of several Steam codes?

I've already got Super Meat Boy (which is great, in a smash-your-fist-through-the-monitor kind of way) and would like to be able to gift it to someone else, which is obviously only possible if its got its own seperate code.

You can always gift the codes and just use the HIB downloads for yourself, or vice versa.
The codes are legally for personal use only, but it's not like the greed police will come taze you to death if you decide to give them to someone else.

As for myself, I'm not too interested in this bundle. Gratuitous space battles and BIT.TRIP.RUNNER look cool, but I'm still playing all those other bundle games!
By creating a gobstopper that never loses its flavor he broke thermodynamics
Maybe it's parasitic. It never loses its flavor because you eventually die from having your nutrients stolen by it.

Blargityblarg

• Bay Watcher
  • rolypolyrolypolyrolypoly
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 14, 2011, 05:21:46 pm »

I appear to have recieved two separate GSB multiplayer codes; one from the HIB page, and one from Steam as I started GSB up. Hrm.
Blossom of orange
Shit, nothing rhymes with orange
Wait, haikus don't rhyme
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5