Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18

Author Topic: Circle of Magi I:T.R.o.M.;Chapter 3: Once a Saint ...  (Read 26963 times)

yourfears

• Bay Watcher
  • immortalis redundus
    • View Profile
Re: Circle of Magi I: T.R.o.M.; Chapter 2: The Exams
« Reply #240 on: February 02, 2012, 06:03:46 am »

what is the white sword made of(since it appears to be in the room)
voice of evil reason

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: February 04, 2012, 09:16:49 am »

Chapter 2: A Truth ... One Of Blood

"Both are excellent questions my Child, but I can only answer the first for I do not know what the sword is myself. Mana is the life energy of the Overgoddess who has long since passed, she gave her power to the entire world, and she left, so much power that five hundred years of casting magic from all the Magi would not even scratch the surface of it." the Exiled God said before reaching his hand out towards you.

Where his hand should have been there was simply a piece of cloak, as if the Exiled one sought to hide what he truly was, but you cared not for that, but what was in the Exiled One's hand. In his hand floated a crystal the size of your hand, and light of all colors seemed to flow from it in every direction. You are, so entranced with the beauty of it that you jump when the Exiled One says "Take it, and go my Child for you have no time left to remain here. Take this for it is part of you, but part of another. It is part of a destiny that is, but has yet to be constructed. Now go my Child, and do what you wish with your powers." You reach out, and grasp then gasp as a cold shock flows through your entire body, and then the darkness envelops you once again.

You awaken slowly as light fills your eyes, and shadows dance across your eyelids, with the light breaking your nice sleep you sit up, and open your eyes. You take moment to adjust as a massive amount of light blinds you momentarily. As your eyes adjust to the light you see your in a massive domed area at least a hundred paces wide all around.

After a moment you hear voices all around you, and only then do you notice the fifty people standing in the room surrounded by bright halos of light, they must be the source of the light you are seeing. As you look at them several relax, and the light disappears as they come rushing over to you. When the first person arrives you realize your lying on the ground with your book across your chest, and the crystal floating beside your head.

You look up to the first person to arrive, and find that its the Headmaster, he gives you a small smile, and says "Its been a while since I've seen you, but every time I do you get into some kind of trouble nowadays, you are quite the troublesome student. Anyway its great to see you awake, we've been worried you might not make it back for awhile now. Although I think some were more worried then others." He gives glance towards someone with a slight frown of worry, and you follow it to find Alexander sitting cross legged, and with such a flood of light coming from him that you have to avert your gaze, and cover your eyes.

The Headmaster continues, "Its been a month since you passed out, Alexander said you had went to see the Exiled One, but no one believed him until it was almost to late. You nearly died several times, what saved you is a mystery to all of us, but its nice to have you back, and safe as well. You should be fine now, so I'll have everyone clear out, I believe Alexander wants to talk to you." With that the Headmaster rushes off, and everyone except Alexander follows him out.

Once everyone had left Alexander opened one of his eyes, and the light faded away as he spoke, "What were you thinking? You almost died from just going to that place, it is not somewhere you can force your way into. The amount of power required just to get the gate to appear kills the ordinary Magi, and you break the damned gate! I barely managed to cover it up where the Gods thought it a simply arrival of another Magi, and then you come here bringing a fragment of Cu'tir. What is that idiot thinking."

Alexander takes a pause as he stands up, and brushes dirt, and dust from his baggy red pants. Once that is done he walks forward, and two chairs, and a table seemingly appear in front of you. Then you feel a rush of air that picks you up, and places you in the seat opposite Alexander's. You find him with sweat covering his face, and both eyes closed, as if asleep, but give a slight jump as he speaks "Now tell me what happened."

"Should you tell him the truth, or something else entirely? Or should you instead question him?" you think as you sit, and watch him.

Spoiler: Book of Truth (click to show/hide)

fergus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: February 04, 2012, 05:47:16 pm »

He is our artificer. We have no reason not to tell him everything. Then we can question him.
BY THE GODS! THIS QUOTE MADE MY SIG BOX HAVE A SCROLL BAR! HAPPY DAYS INDEED!
BY THE GODS! YOU HAVE TOO MANY SIGS!

Elvisdogs

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: February 04, 2012, 06:56:30 pm »

^ Agreed. If we can't trust him, who can we trust?
It was for a film project. I regret nothing.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Circle of Magi I:T.R.o.M.;Chapter 2: War Has Come, and Death Descends
« Reply #244 on: February 07, 2012, 07:48:33 pm »

Chapter 2: The Time Of War Has Come, and Death Descends

You slowly begin to talk, and tell him the truth, how you have no idea how you force your way in, how you have no clue what anything the Exiled One said means, etc. By the end of it you can see the lights outside dimming, and only then did you realize Alexander had listened the entire time, without a word to your story, and you must have talked for over an hour. As you stop speaking a thick silence fills the room, as if daring you to speak, and see the consequences of it. You wait, and wait for what seems like a lifetime in that silence waiting for Alexander to reply.

When he does its sudden, and what you hear makes no sense, "Get up, something is off, somethings not right .." And as he finishes he is running out of the room with you trailing behind him, above you the ceiling of the Academy shakes, and you begin to hear the sounds of swords clashing, and explosions echoing in from the outside. Just as you begin to put the pieces together a being like you saw when you first cast Magic comes flying through a nearby window, and slams into the far wall. as you look at it the shadow that makes it up slowly dissipates, and it disappears from existence.

You hear Alexander say something, but can't quite catch all of it, "The fate of a demon, there is no ..." After that nothing really seems to happen, and what is going on finally sinks into you, just in time apparently as you step out into the Entrance Hall you come face to face with a small group of Warrior Magi facing off against a horde of demons that continue to poor through the door. Before you can say, or do anything you feel a slight movement in front of you, and Alexander disappears from your view, heading into the crowd of rogue demons pouring in.

As you watch one of the Warrior Magi falls, demons encircle him, and his screams fill your ears, as the sickening truth hits you, these demons are consumed with one goal, to eat all of your kind for the mana they possess within. As that realization dawns upon you a faint voice comes into your mind, "Go my daughter, my heir, reach out for your destiny ... It is time, though you may be broken, that which was shattered may be fixed." As the voice fades, her voice something in the back of your mind says, you realize for the first time that familiar flow you were, so used to was gone.

Something had happened to your body, and it could no longer hold mana, as the truth hit you a pain spread across your arm, and as you looked down you found a that familiar darkness spread over it in lines, and runes, but as you watch it is replaced by a gold light, and the pain on your spreads throughout your entire body. As you fall over in pain, and begin to cry out it fades instantly, just as quickly as it came, but as it disappeared you felt something. It was a power of sorts, and as you came to realize that the light on your arm spread to your other, and shackles appeared around your wrist.

Even with that, as if you were possesed, you stand up, and your palms glow as unfamiliar runes appear on each. Their basic meaning is clear to you, they speak of your binding, of your chains, but what they truly mean is unclear to you . After you recover from that shock you look down into the Hill, and begin to wonder what you could do to fight those demons.

yourfears

• Bay Watcher
  • immortalis redundus
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: February 08, 2012, 04:49:12 am »

i see 2 options

either use song of pain and hope summoning the lost king dont kill us
OR
attempt to use the strange power?
voice of evil reason

fergus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: February 08, 2012, 05:43:04 am »

i see 2 options

either use song of pain and hope summoning the lost king doesn't kill us
OR
attempt to use the strange power?
Number 2. Whatever it is, it seems to be benevolent.

yourfears

• Bay Watcher
  • immortalis redundus
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: February 17, 2012, 06:34:10 pm »

still alive?
voice of evil reason

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: February 17, 2012, 06:39:09 pm »

Yeah, I've just been having some problems with switching to my new laptop, but its all fixed now, and I'll try to update tonight.

yourfears

• Bay Watcher
  • immortalis redundus
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: February 17, 2012, 08:52:53 pm »

Yeah, I've just been having some problems with switching to my new laptop, but its all fixed now, and I'll try to update tonight.

yay
voice of evil reason

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Circle of Magi I:T.R.o.M.;Chapter 2: They Who Wage War
« Reply #250 on: February 17, 2012, 10:40:25 pm »

Chapter 2: They Who Wage War

Seeing no other solution you reach for the power flowing through you, and as you touch it your mind automatically recoils, the power feels corrupted, and made of evils that you have never known until know. This power you feel is a curse, that is all you can tell, but as you reach out again, and pull the power into you the crystal shard shatters. The shards fly about three inches before beginning to latch onto thin air, where the crystals come to rest a white blade slowly begins to appear until the sword from your battle with the Darkness is within your palm. It is about four feet long coming to a razor sharp point, and crafted of a metal, so light the blade feels as if it is your own arm, the sword resembles the skull of a mighty dragon. With a very long thin blade like that of a dragon's jaw, and thick, blunt organic lines forming the blade's back as it comes to rest at a thin white handle with a thick piece of the white metal forming a guard in front of your hand.

You give the blade several glances, but your mind is drawn back to what is happening as a Warrior Magi falls dead before you, and a towering demon stands towering over you with a wicked blade of cursed black steel that radiates an aura of pure malice. Taking a step closer the monster steps upon the fallen Magi, and a sickening crunch, and sploshing sound fills your ears as the beast before you fills your vision. Without thinking you rush the beast, and your sword sings through the air to collide with the wicked blade of your foe. As they clash together several sparks fly from the blades, and the monster flicks its wrist nearly forcing the sword from your grip. Barely keeping your hand around the hilt you began to form signs with your other hand, and strike at the monster once more, this time aiming for a small gap in its black armor that exposed the corrupted flesh of its neck.

Once again your blade clashes with his, but as the beast goes to knock your sword aside your palm smashes against the beasts visor, and a the inside of his armor explodes as you launch a fireball point-blank into its cursed armor. As it looses a blood-curdling a cry the monster's armor crumbles into black sand, and mixes with the smearing of blood soaked ashes underneath. As the last of the armor crumbles to dust you step over the blood soaked ashes, you begin to climb down the stairs, and the few demons who do attack you die as your blade slices through flesh, and bone alike felling the weaker demons who seek to feed upon the Magi. Somewhere amidst the fighting a voice yells, "For the Exiled One, and What Was Lost Succumb to Darkness Once Again!"

Looking down at the battle you notice a knot of demons go flying, and the figure from your fight with the Darkness appears. Its wings are bound by chains that disappear into the air as well, and its hands are claws that slice through the demon flesh, and cursed armor as it carves a path through the now failing demon army. After several moments you recognize the figure to be Alexander, and you see a flicker as his body nearly changes, what you see is a beast similar to a dragon, in that brief moment you witness Alexander's true form. A crimson red dragon with wings weighed down by chains, and cut to pieces to keep him flying away, around his claws are shackles that from their look are made of the power you touched, and its face gives a tortured beaten look as hundreds of cuts, and slashes mar its surface.

With a sudden blur of movement he appears behind a group of demons, and sends them flying across the room to crunch against the far wall, and fall to the ground harmlessly. As he continues to maintain that form you feel a presence pushing you down, and the chains on your arms begin to slowly form, materializing from nowhere. It begins to feel that you'll be forced to your knees, but just as you can't hold out any longer a shrill note sounds from outside the building, and the demons suddenly flee the room making for a set of buildings that lay on the far side of the school grounds. Plopping down onto the ground you wipe your arm across your face, and lay the sword across your lap as Alexander makes his way over, his human form returned. Taking a seat next to you he began to recite something, " 'Black, and White shall be the marks of the one chosen to walk the border between Life, and Death. A Daughter of a Goddess, and the Daughter of an Exile she stands strong with a blade of holy judgement, and a spear of dark wrath. The one born to walk the shadow of the light, and take the burden of a race cursed for eternity. She will come with the king who shall not be, and the monster that will devour the world.' "

Giving her a sad look he stands up, and walks out the door heading towards the place where the demons fled to. Staring after him you think "What did he mean by that, and what am I to do?"

[/quote]

fergus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Circle of Magi I:T.R.o.M.;Chapter 2: They Who Wage War
« Reply #251 on: February 17, 2012, 10:43:51 pm »

"Where is that from, and what does it mean?"

yourfears

• Bay Watcher
  • immortalis redundus
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: February 18, 2012, 08:19:47 am »

talk to the headmaster preferably with Alexander with u.

or just Alexander because headmaster might be busy what with the attack and all
voice of evil reason

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: February 20, 2012, 08:38:41 am »

Follow him and inquire about what he said.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Circle of Magi I:T.R.o.M.;Chapter 2: They Who Wage War
« Reply #254 on: February 26, 2012, 12:58:18 pm »

Chapter 2: They Who Wage War

You stand up with the sword still clutched in your arms, and run after him as he steps out of the front doorway of the hall. You manage to catch up with him when he stops at the edge of the stone walkway just outside the door, and say, "Where is that from, and what does it mean?" For some reason Alexander started laughing, and looked up towards the sky.

"That I can not tell you for I fear if I utter the words my life will end right here.", looking back up into the sky he continues, "So is it now you take your vengeance King of Gods, is it now that you fear the ones you have cursed? Do you now tremble upon your throne at the mere thought of what has come?" As if in answer a creature begins to rise up from the earth, made of stone, and dirt it looks human, yet it seems to radiate a power beyond what any normal person could wield.

The being spoke even before its body fully came from the ground it began, "You dare mock the Gods when it is Mankind that has caused this disaster. I will not listen to it, when the time comes I will kill you, Son of Sin." Then it crumbled to dust, and fell back to the earth, harmless once more. Alexander turned as it fell to dust, and began to walk towards the buildings on the far side of the grounds, you follow, and the closer you get the more powerful the dark feeling gets. Something in there holds power, this you know, but what it is you know not.

As you approach the building you notice a frown spread cross Alexander's face, and when you arrive he stops with a look of pure anger on his face. He turns to you, and speaks quickly, "Return to the School, and no matter what happens to me do not come to this place. Tell the other Magi not to come here until the Demons leave, whatever they take is worth less then their lives." With that he turned, and threw the doors wide, nearly running into the building you get little more then a glimpse of what is inside before the door closes. You stare at the door for a few seconds thinking, "What is in there that would make him act like this?" You would follow, but you are not sure if you should follow his words, or do otherwise.

Spoiler: Author Notes (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18