Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 31

Author Topic: The Vilous Mod V4.3 New thread in proper sub forum  (Read 83272 times)

Aerie

• Bay Watcher
  • Mae fy hofrenfad yn llawn llyswennod.
    • View Profile
Re: The Vilous Mod V3.0 - we're winging it *flap flap*
« Reply #375 on: January 23, 2013, 09:18:15 am »

[PREFSTRING:clitoral hoods]

Is this really necessary? I mean, you don't see [PREFSTRING:braided pubic hair] in the raws for dwarves.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2013, 09:22:04 am by Aerie »
Play my forum game, The Darkness Below!

darklord92

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:SERGALNORTH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: January 23, 2013, 09:38:45 am »

[PREFSTRING:clitoral hoods]

Is this really necessary? I mean, you don't see [PREFSTRING:braided pubic hair] in the raws for dwarves.
For the longest time from 1.2 to 1.6 I believe I had actually removed that from the original mod. If anything that part has been just as controversial both with the mod and me personally as well as with the communities that still use sergals. I feel it's more a biological adaptation than "oh look here fap material", but than again df doesn't really mention anything about the echinda either. I'm not really sure to remove it or keep it really as it's never really been brought up until now.
Form walking potato man out of corpse. Absorb anyone else in the house.
We have a successful derail.
The Vilous Mod - Jingle berries!

Aerie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: January 23, 2013, 10:06:24 am »

Since there's really no other creature admired primarily for their unusual genitalia, it's probably best to remove it. That, and the 'fuzzy butt' thing seems kind of immature.

darklord92

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: January 23, 2013, 10:11:09 am »

Now the fuzzy butt one was defiantly a poke at fun, and not meant seriously like cows and their haunting moos.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: January 23, 2013, 10:13:18 pm »

aye zess are meant as a form of willful immortality but can also be spread unwillingly. so it fits they should continue to live with the families. though i think asking about them results in the line " i don't want to talk about it" when the father or such is of another race.

Yeah, I don't think that'd be such a good thing to mention during such conversation.

Nor would mentioning that you like a woman because of her "lovely clitoral hood." Especially if she's of a species that sometimes prefers to eat things that make her angry. Calling her "fuzzy butt" as a pet name may not attract as much animosity, though.

I'd find it somewhat amusing if an engraver liked them for their clitoral hoods, and carved images of him/her "embracing" them all over the fortress.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Vherid

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:SLARK]
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: January 23, 2013, 10:23:01 pm »

Including the hoods is certainly a weird thing to do when you're basically making a /tg/ mod.

darklord92

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: January 23, 2013, 11:11:54 pm »

Alright than, I'll pop up an update for it 3.1 with a few other changes i made while waiting for the next df version. though I'll also poke they were a part of the original mod from skie http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=2047 . Though i'm unsure if other versions such as genesis or cronojujus have removed it as well.

-gave yellow eyes her abduction ability back
-changed converted terrors to infested terrors
-several pref string changes

Aerie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Vilous Mod V3.1 - infested fuzzy marines?
« Reply #382 on: January 23, 2013, 11:41:05 pm »

I'd also like to see a 'total conversion' variant with the vanilla civs removed entirely in favour of the Vilous civs. It's not really difficult to mod, just time-consuming.

Alternatively, a mini-mod variant featuring only one or two races (such as the sergals) to be patched into an otherwise vanilla DF.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: January 28, 2013, 06:51:38 pm »

You could easily do either of those yourself. Just delete entity_default.txt to remove the vanilla races, or delete the entries for the vilous mod races. The creatures will still technically exist (unless you go through and delete them as well) but the civilizations will not.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

JesseR92

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: January 30, 2013, 12:59:02 am »

Looking for a tiny bit of help.I am currently embarked as Southern Sergals I am having problems with their armor not being in the game anyone else having this problem that could advise on a possible solution.
DO NOT EVER LET THIS PERSON DESIGN YOUR FORTRESS.

darklord92

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: January 30, 2013, 01:12:40 am »

Looking for a tiny bit of help.I am currently embarked as Southern Sergals I am having problems with their armor not being in the game anyone else having this problem that could advise on a possible solution.
could you post the information from a fresh error log, if you mixed it with an old save file i don't believe it would work unless you removed the information of that armor from the world files and not just raws.

Habbadax

• Bay Watcher
  • The Cackling Cavalier
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: January 30, 2013, 01:47:34 am »

could you post the information from a fresh error log, if you mixed it with an old save file i don't believe it would work unless you removed the information of that armor from the world files and not just raws.

His issue is with Southern Sergals being unable to smith a good deal of armor, such as warplate, warhelms, claw-boots, and so on, is that intentional?

Pardon my intrusion, I was called in to rephrase the question

darklord92

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: January 30, 2013, 02:09:32 am »

His issue is with Southern Sergals being unable to smith a good deal of armor, such as warplate, warhelms, claw-boots, and so on, is that intentional?

Aye the southerns are meant to have lighter armor than their northern counter parts either leather or chain. I could push leather warplate in as well if that seems like a good idea for everyone.

Habbadax

• Bay Watcher
  • The Cackling Cavalier
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: January 30, 2013, 02:12:56 am »

Aye the southerns are meant to have lighter armor than their northern counter parts either leather or chain. I could push leather warplate in as well if that seems like a good idea for everyone.

Ah, this explains a good deal, thanks very much

Lovely mod, by the way, makes for a more interesting Dorf Fort

darklord92

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: January 30, 2013, 02:16:02 am »

Ah, this explains a good deal, thanks very much

Lovely mod, by the way, makes for a more interesting Dorf Fort

thanks, i hope to have a new version out when the new update rolls around, between that mostly bug fixes i believe.
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 31