Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 31

Author Topic: The Vilous Mod V4.3 New thread in proper sub forum  (Read 83280 times)

darklord92

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:SERGALNORTH]
    • View Profile
Re: The Vilous Mod V2.9C - tension rises!
« Reply #345 on: September 19, 2012, 01:01:46 am »

2.9C is out, changes to northern and southern sergals this mini release, all of it working up to 3.0 when the new df gets released! i hope to push some more fun stuff in till than!

also bug fixes for southern sergal players: it seems the intelligent tag for southern sergals somehow got removed, which was a horrible horrible mistake ( wipe outs in world gen etc )
Form walking potato man out of corpse. Absorb anyone else in the house.
We have a successful derail.
The Vilous Mod - Jingle berries!

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: September 19, 2012, 01:47:20 pm »

Yeah, "no real place in the greater scheme of things" was the reason Toady bothered to remove said words in the first place.

Also, you might want to revise this section of the feral sergals' code a bit:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Especially the "feral hunter/feral fighter. "feral sergal feral fighter" is a bit redundant and nearly a tongue-twister, so you may want to consider removing the "feral" bit. It also doesn't all fit on my screen some of the time, although I can't claim it's an issue for anyone else. It may also be acceptable to just remove it entirely and leave the nomenclature as it is by default (feral sergal > war feral sergal > hunting feral sergal)

The [BABY:x] and [CHILD:x], their associated name tags, and the body size definition tags are also declared twice if not more in their code. The game can only use one, and I'm not sure whether it uses the first or the most recent one it finds, but either way you ought to clean that up.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

This is all outside any caste definitions, which are way down at the bottom of the file and include very little info specific to either caste, so you're applying the same tags multiple times to the entire species. The POP_RATIO:x tag does not function at this level because it's intended purpose is to give a ratio of one caste to other castes. As it stands, you're stating that the ratio of feral sergals of all castes to feral sergals of all castes equals 10:10 or something... It's a true statement (x=x, the ratio of x to itself is x:x, or 1:1.) but you probably meant that either the ratio of males to females or vise-versa is 10:1 (just as a guess.)

So, you should only keep one of those sets of tags highlighted in blue and red, unless you want to move one of each into each caste's definition. Currently they don't really play nice with one-another. You've also got a duplicate of the body broadness and length tags; one in the female caste definition and one there right after the POP_RATIO tag. They're identical anyway so it doesn't matter which tags override their counterparts, but again it isn't exactly good to leave them both in there. Just don't move that MAXAGE tag or one of the castes will be immortal while the other has a chance to die on it's 15th birthday. :P
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

darklord92

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: September 19, 2012, 05:59:34 pm »

decided to do some cleaning as you advised here are the new feral raws

Spoiler: feral raws (click to show/hide)

EDIT: It also seems I forgot to add the ability to make hive boxes for some of the races, will be added in for the Agunder update ( 2.9D ).

EDIT2: started a little experiment for ice daggers involving northern sergals from tundra environments, it seemed like a fun little quirk to do for them. Need to test it both in adventure mode and dwarf mode. it seems they may be a fail as they melt in your hands XD

Spoiler: Ice dagger (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 20, 2012, 01:47:53 pm by darklord92 »

darklord92

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Vilous Mod V2.9D - Don't drink the gasoline!
« Reply #348 on: September 21, 2012, 08:09:45 am »

update 2.9D!!
-added new materials
 - gasoline
 - plastic < treated as a metal,stored as wafers instead of bars >
 - oil soaked sediment < appears in the environment in sediment and beaches! >
-agunder gets new building refinery tower
 - turn oil sediment into gasoline
 - turn oil sediment into plastic
 - turn gasoline into fuel < sort of a work around as df uses a set fuel material of coke or charcoal >
-feral sergals get a caste name again
 -removed "domestic" from tamed ferals, seems redundant to have tame feral sergal domestics
-testing ice dagger for northern sergals in tundra biomes/winter < adventure too >
 -daggers melt when weilded or brought inside, can be used in outside weapon traps however!<pending workaround or removal>
« Last Edit: September 21, 2012, 08:20:44 am by darklord92 »

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
Re: The Vilous Mod V2.9Dfix - motor carts!
« Reply #349 on: September 22, 2012, 04:16:18 pm »

I don't think you're going to be able to use actual popsicles for daggers; they will always melt. You can use a fake ice/water material that is solid at room temperature, or has a really low freezing/solid-state temperature and has a very high specific heat, causing it to take a long time to melt, though.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

darklord92

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: September 22, 2012, 06:58:28 pm »

I don't think you're going to be able to use actual popsicles for daggers; they will always melt. You can use a fake ice/water material that is solid at room temperature, or has a really low freezing/solid-state temperature and has a very high specific heat, causing it to take a long time to melt, though.
Aye it looks like I'll need to make another material, good thing gasoline and plastic have already started the material and inorganics files

I don't think you're going to be able to use actual popsicles for daggers; they will always melt

to use actual popsicles for daggers;

actual popsicles for

popsicles

Northerns are getting a new food....

scratch that, after the 8th crash/universe collapse from trying to make popsicles i went back to planing the talyxian update.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2012, 10:48:06 pm by darklord92 »

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: September 22, 2012, 11:58:58 pm »

Well, that's an interesting concept. What raws were you using that crash the game, though?
I make Spellcrafts!

darklord92

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: September 23, 2012, 12:56:26 am »

I rewrote the Ice dagger to accept a plant item as well and than told the game to use the plants material as the "sergalpop" which was a cooked meal like the ones in item_food.txt

also I've taken the time to make signatures for each of the major races so far ^3^

I just found out now. bay 12 doesn't allow images in your signature D:
« Last Edit: September 23, 2012, 01:46:55 am by darklord92 »

darklord92

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Vilous Mod V2.9E - Bio-mechanical clay felines!
« Reply #353 on: September 30, 2012, 10:39:41 pm »

2.9E Talyxian update!
-created feral talyxia one of the new races mick made http://www.furaffinity.net/view/7095978/
 -clay flesh
-made the ice dagger use another material that melts in warmer biomes and summer
-northern sergals share there biomes with feral sergals
-talyxians now spawn in both kinds of forests just liek feral talyxia
-talyxia feral graphicsincluded

darklord92

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Vilous Mod V2.9F - The colors duke, the colors!
« Reply #354 on: October 02, 2012, 04:28:52 am »

last update on the road to 3.0 now i'm just waiting for the new df version!

2.9F "fluff update"
-added wagon pulled and maximum pull capacity to feral talyxia and feral sergals, both can now pull trade wagons.
-removed mention of iron bones from talyxias
-made things a little more colorful
 -feral,northern and southern sergals have gray to blue eye color as well as incredibly rare yellow eyes
 -talyxia have more fur colors and several diffrent eye colors too
 -nevreans now have proper colors for male and female, MUCH more colors for males, added some dull colors for female eyes
-corrected talyxia creature tags, no longer marked as feral sergals when young

Old Bones

• Bay Watcher
  • Pro skub
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: October 02, 2012, 06:20:17 pm »

I was trying to fix the nevrean colours myself but I just couldn't get 'em to work. Good update.

darklord92

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: October 02, 2012, 07:58:30 pm »

I'm thinking of pushing for one more all out bug fix, so everything is perfect for 3.0 when the new df rolls around (apparently by december or something ).

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: October 02, 2012, 09:24:03 pm »

Probably best to keep tweaking constantly until then, actually. I'm working on my old EVIL race+civs and dragonkin stuff now, to get them up to date and functional. There's no end to it. No end to modding.

So that picture of a talyxia you posted link to; it looks nothing like the civilized talyxia supplied by that wiki. Are they distant cousins, or do talyxia come in multiple forms, like Khajiit?
I make Spellcrafts!

darklord92

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: October 03, 2012, 12:26:57 am »

Probably best to keep tweaking constantly until then, actually. I'm working on my old EVIL race+civs and dragonkin stuff now, to get them up to date and functional. There's no end to it. No end to modding.

So that picture of a talyxia you posted link to; it looks nothing like the civilized talyxia supplied by that wiki. Are they distant cousins, or do talyxia come in multiple forms, like Khajiit?

Mick has apparently done a rebuild of them in her lore, the new age cannon talyxians are more beast like than "out of the box" cat people. I'm not sure why she did it but to keep the old designs and new designs ( makes everyone happy ) i decided to mix them into the same environments and have them work together as pets and work animals. 

she's recently been posting a bunch of new art related to the vilous setting in the new age cannon
http://www.furaffinity.net/view/8846884/
http://www.furaffinity.net/view/8879547/

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: October 03, 2012, 11:42:28 am »

Ah, I see.

Hopefully toady may eventually permit creatures to have multiple ways to get around, and figure out a better system to figure out if a creature can "stand up." Things like gorillas, other apes and monkeys, some lizards and bears which are normally quadrupedal are able to use a more bipedal stance in some circumstances, and it might be possible to represent this in-game (and also fix birds "lying down" when their legs get broken mid-flight). That would be helpful, perhaps, with sergals, maybe talyxians, and certainly some forms of dragons in Zanzetkuken's dragonic civ mod and some vanilla creatures.
I make Spellcrafts!
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 31