Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 31

Author Topic: The Vilous Mod V4.3 New thread in proper sub forum  (Read 83246 times)

darklord92

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:SERGALNORTH]
    • View Profile
Re: The Vilous Mod V1.5 - PEW PEW PEW goes the bronze revolver!
« Reply #90 on: February 26, 2012, 05:14:47 pm »

rains blood followed her mutation, her potion binge for immortality let her control every cell in her body including the ability to grow from within someone else as a parasite and eventually take over the body, simply put if you kill her she uses you to come back. we just use the were beast framework to have the person turn into a yellow eye terror, willingly with a potion or unwillingly with contact by her blood.

actually it could go horribly wrong in terrifying places that rain yellow-eye terror blood XD
« Last Edit: February 26, 2012, 05:22:04 pm by darklord92 »
Form walking potato man out of corpse. Absorb anyone else in the house.
We have a successful derail.
The Vilous Mod - Jingle berries!

DarthBoogalo

• Bay Watcher
  • Wicked.
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: February 26, 2012, 05:46:58 pm »

Good lord that sounds horrible.
Make it happen, also, it can only rain civ creature blood, far as I know.

darklord92

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: February 26, 2012, 06:18:33 pm »

ah that solves the weather problem, though there are still a bunch of things i cant really implement for rain namely the ability to pull her stomach through herself to eat people or use her organs and bones to fight. Actually this would be pretty damn cool for zombies. just look at necromorphs in dead space any part of them can be used to attack. possibly in a later version? Alright we have confirmed syndroms for rain, now the potions should always have a draw back to them. lets say you want to be stronger, it would dim your intelligence ( reading skill, memory, observation etc ). possibly even comical effects :P  you become super smart.... but you also change gender XD

DarthBoogalo

• Bay Watcher
  • Wicked.
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: February 26, 2012, 10:10:29 pm »

Nevreans are rather bugged right now, from embark alone..
* They cannot bring leather
* Rifle bullets are called 'fullet bullets', what even?
The Nevrean civ is called 'The Calm', while a Talyxian civ is called 'Of Squashing', probably just the name generator being weird?
'Administer of Medical Care' is a bit of a long name, how about 'Administer of Medicine'?
And I'm thinking it's just toady's doing, but gizzard stones are broken again, errorlog is giving me errors regarding gunsmith's workshop too.
I'll take a look at talyxians and agudner's soon.

Anuses and Crotches.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
R.I.P Barbarity of Bitches.
=====
My Nevrean Military is called 'Of Onions', yeah, it's the civ being wierd.
All of my starting Nevreans are bright red mechanics, all with novice in mechanics.
Moving onto Talyxians now, fullets aside, the raws I gave you for revolvers and rifles before work fine and are named properly, AND are a bit more powerful then crossbows and bows, I think they should be more.. wimpy I guess? give them an inclination to use clever use of fortifications, traps and ranged weaponry, like taking away their armor? Whereas Sergals will gleefully tear someone to shreds in melee.
Meow!
« Last Edit: February 26, 2012, 11:16:27 pm by DarthBoogalo »

Old Bones

• Bay Watcher
  • Pro skub
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: February 26, 2012, 10:18:14 pm »

Bahaha I'm so excited to see this mod pick up steam.

DarthBoogalo

• Bay Watcher
  • Wicked.
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: February 26, 2012, 10:44:29 pm »

Talyxians have similar problems, no leather from embark, weird civ names.
Can't embark with stone, either, I'm assuming the same for Nevreans, since I don't remember seeing it on their embark screen either.
Talyxians still have a Chief Medical Dwarf, should be Chief Medical Kitty, nyah, they also have a hammerer, which doesn't seem fitting to me.
Did I mention the wierd civ names make them sound like emo rock bands? Because it does.

darklord92

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: February 26, 2012, 11:57:05 pm »

the civ names seem to be an issue with the language file, the error log is poping up around that. the nobles i haven't renamed yes. If worst comes to worst we'll use the Elf language instead of vilous i think thats the problem.

DarthBoogalo

• Bay Watcher
  • Wicked.
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: February 27, 2012, 12:39:44 am »

Sergals use the language, don't they? their civ seems to have no naming problems like that.
Nevrean firearm workshop isn't capitalized, while every other workshop is.
Agunder don't seem to be spawning at all, nor are they available as outsiders since they lack [INDIV_CONTROLLABLE], don't see any of them in legends either, so I can't give them a look at in action.
Purely speculation, but you know how goblins select names that sound.. goblin-y, rude, like anus, or bitch, well, maybe Nevreans and Talyxians are lacking the things that decide what sorts of names they give? giving them pretty neutral civ names, like 'Of Pumpkins'.
I'll start adding more things in tomorrow probably, like hardhats and cloth dust masks for Agunder, n' stuff, you know, to keep rock dust out of their mouth and noses, just flavor really.

darklord92

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: February 27, 2012, 12:51:26 am »

fixed all of the stuff above running tests now, I have no clue what so ever that is causing the translation errors.

[removed offending words in the list errors are goen now, i guess tody cencored the game a bit so no more goblin towers " Tower of Hard Rapes" comes to mind]
[removed at peace with wildlife tag from talyxians]
[added individual control for agunder.  set there adventurer tier.]
« Last Edit: February 27, 2012, 01:19:12 am by darklord92 »

darklord92

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Vilous Mod V1.5.1 - PEW PEW PEW goes the bronze revolver! <fixes>
« Reply #99 on: February 27, 2012, 01:23:24 am »

bump for bugfix upload. changes are in first post. lets see what we can get fixed, looking for help on the language file issues.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
Re: The Vilous Mod V1.5.1 - PEW PEW PEW goes the bronze revolver! <fixes>
« Reply #100 on: February 27, 2012, 05:12:01 am »

Code: [Select]
[SELECT_SYMBOL:REMAINING:EVIL]
[CULL_SYMBOL:ALL:EVIL]

This is definitely your problem with the Nevreans and Talyxians. This implies that they will use the words under the evil symbol for everything not explicitly given a symbol (So it's using EVIL for civ and individual names) and then bans that same symbol from their culture. The game must actually be randomly assigning a single word for their civ name under the the x/of x formats. You'll either have to change the symbol selected to one or more things that are more appropriate for their culture (you can have many instances of SELECT_SYMBOL:X, and they appear to work properly.), or remove the culling tag.

Any reason why you would censor your mod? Re-adding those words is as simple as copying them from the old language_words.txt into language_vilous.txt. Same file as the language itself because the [OBJECT:LANGUAGE] tag is shared, so DF would process it the same as if it were in language_words.txt.

You could also define the agudner castes immediately before body information, and then paste the [BODY:x] tag into each caste (duplicating them so that either male or female can have any number of horns) and then use the body:x tags in the caste definitions to add that specific number of horns as a body part definition. Not especially helpful of course, and would swell the size of the file, but would make the aesthetic "he/she has one horn" literally translate into a one-horned body plan.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2012, 05:25:10 am by Eric Blank »
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

darklord92

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Vilous Mod V1.5.2 - PEW PEW PEW goes the bronze revolver! <fixes2>
« Reply #101 on: February 27, 2012, 11:17:14 am »

bump for fixes courtesy of Eric Blank.

1.5.2   also Agunders should spawn now.

Also i experimented with the body tag to add in the extra horns. i dont want to have to edit the vanilla raws I'd need to add in groups such as 4horns etc. as the humanoid_hoofed only supports 2 horns from what i'm reading.

DarthBoogalo

• Bay Watcher
  • Wicked.
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: February 27, 2012, 05:31:12 pm »

Couldn't think of much to give Agunders. :I
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
As Tom Dickson would say, Don't breath this(coal dust)!

I don't think new bodyparts like 4HORN need to be in the original bodyparts file
You know how you've set Agunder descriptions to say how many horns that caste has? you can do a similar thing with their bodypart setup, all you have to do after adding the proper bodyparts like 4HORN and whatnot is paste the creature's bodypart setup under their caste, edit 2HORN into 4HORN, bam, 4 horns, but you should keep the number of horns in their descriptions, too.

darklord92

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: February 27, 2012, 07:00:49 pm »

I implemented the items but i changed the tags on the shirts to ITEM_ARMOR_SHIRT_MOD we dont want to cause any conflicts or overwrite anything vanilla. as for the creature tokens quite honestly I'm miserable with them >.<

DarthBoogalo

• Bay Watcher
  • Wicked.
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: February 27, 2012, 07:23:56 pm »

Oh, looks like I forgot to change it to ITEM_ARMOR_CHEST_WRAPS, oops.
I'll start working on the different castes of Agunder soon, and the horn bodyparts, if needed.
What was stopping them from spawning, anyway?
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 31