Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 31

Author Topic: The Vilous Mod V4.3 New thread in proper sub forum  (Read 83244 times)

darklord92

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:SERGALNORTH]
    • View Profile

I'll get on the tail thanks for the heads up. My avatar is my own character :P .

lists to do:

Talyxain  entity
Agudner creature + entity
Firearms and there workshop
let nevreans make extra mechanisms in there workshops

I also need some nobel names for nevreans and talyxains even if there just off the head and fit there them of  technology and elf like. I may just modify the elf nobels for them. Add some functioning ones in too.

also i found the perfect template for the Agudner raws ^^
« Last Edit: February 24, 2012, 11:19:15 pm by darklord92 »
Form walking potato man out of corpse. Absorb anyone else in the house.
We have a successful derail.
The Vilous Mod - Jingle berries!

DarthBoogalo

• Bay Watcher
  • Wicked.
    • View Profile

Neat-o,
Firearm creation.. we could have the Gunsmith's workshop create three gun parts, specifically, toys! toys made of metal!
Toys are only used for selling in vanilla at the moment, the three toys the workshop creates would be..
Revolver Barrel, Revolver Cylinder, and Revolver Trigger, 1 of each toy are reagents for making an +iron nevrean revolver+ in the same workshop, depending on the materials used for one of the three pieces, a similar method is used for bolt-action rifles, but with a wooden stock/frame as a fourth reagent, still made in the gunsmith. Rifle Bullets and Revolver Bullets, named as such for ease of identification
Or I'm completely wrong and we'd be able to make guns out of mini-forges and toy hammers! D'oh well..
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
As for nobles, there's apparently not a lot of Nevrean lore? not that I know of at least, so just throwing these out there.
Strategist(Military Leader?), Excavation Leader(Renaming of Expedition Leader, maybe Nevreans use drills to dig, too?), Chief Medical Office, Trader.. Jailer?
Talyxians, um.. Kitty Guard?

Revolver + Rifle
Ammo
To be honest, I've never gotten ranged weapons to work for me, and these are not tested at all, el oh el.
Is it possible to rename quivers to ammunition belts/bandoleers? that'd be radtastic, and nobles should all wear tophats.
Darthboogalo cancels modding: Unconscious
« Last Edit: February 25, 2012, 01:29:14 am by DarthBoogalo »

darklord92

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

nevrian nobels me and a friend have talked over and poked about for a sort of "cor prate" society with administration and secretaries.

the talyxians I'm basing off an amazon elf hybrid with less tree cutting rage.

finished both talaxian and augdner  there apparently like dwarfs whatever was left of there culture so i did a simple dwarf clone. going to make some modifications though. all of these races (except sergals, those are prety much done )  are in there infancy now. we just need to develop them more.

how about the metal parts need to be made at a force, so you have to work for them. and as you said assembled at a gunsmiths workshop.

-edit - just finished talyxians
-edit- finished agunder  six castes made every even number female every uneven male. we'd have twelve castes if i didn't do this work around.

as of now to do is:

Firearms and there workshop(planned)
let nevreans make extra mechanisms in there workshops(simple to do)
« Last Edit: February 25, 2012, 03:15:05 am by darklord92 »

darklord92

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The beast men march  version 1.4 is up for testing.

DarthBoogalo

• Bay Watcher
  • Wicked.
    • View Profile

Alright, starting us off is.. a !!small grammatical error!! In lair_hunter_yelloweyeterror.txt is "Your not wanted here...", Your should be You're.
creature_augdner_pack.txt should be named creature_agunder_pack.txt, and they need [CAN_LEARN] and [CAN_SPEAK] replaced with intelligent, other then that I really like how they turned out.
Nothing else has been changed in these raws besides what is mentioned.
Additions!
I've added brown and slate gray colored feathers to female Nevreans, and rust to male Nevreans, rust is an awesome color.
Nevrean clothing! Tophats should be rare, if everyone is fancy, nobody is! Do Nevreans even wear pants?
Toyz
It's worth noting that egg laying civs tend to use their own eggs for food if you let them.
Oh! And one more thing, a vine that produces 'drinking water' when used in a still, it's still booze, but it's not like everyone doesn't spike their own drinks anyway, of course, edited from whip vine raws.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2012, 10:10:18 am by DarthBoogalo »

darklord92

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

All the changes work except they don't seem to fire the guns.  in adventure mode I don't start with ammo either.

edit- i made each bullet a diffrent type of bolt  so the rifal bolt is SBOLT  and revolver is RBOLT   works fine now. I'll start on the workshop.

testing provided a healthy dose of FUN!   i began in adventure mode as a nevrean with a bronze revolver and bullets of the same material. my first quest was to kill a night creature werebeast.... who was weak to bronze |3
« Last Edit: February 25, 2012, 04:46:53 pm by darklord92 »

DarthBoogalo

• Bay Watcher
  • Wicked.
    • View Profile

Hm, I think I know why..
Fixed Guns
Fixed Ammo
As far as arena mode goes, this works! Iron rounds tend to chip bones or destroy organs a lot, pistol whipping only does bruising with an iron revolver since it's small compared to say, a hammer, but it's not meant to be a melee weapon anyway, on the other hand, rifles tore apart a human-sized creature's spine's nervous tissue by bashing with it, it is similar to the revolver's bullet in that it is deadly as hell in the right hands, rifles are also two-handed.
"You bat the flying iron revolver bullet out of the air!" Sergal Swag.
E: Oh! Well I upped the weapon's damage in these raws, before the buff they were identical to crossbows and bows, now they are slightly more deadly!
Double Edit!: Add this to nevrean creature files to give them more proper skill titles!
« Last Edit: February 25, 2012, 05:29:47 pm by DarthBoogalo »

darklord92

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Alright everything works in the arena I'm now running a test fortress to see if the reactions work for the firearms workshop I made.

darklord92

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Vilous Mod V1.5 - PEW PEW PEW goes the bronze revolver!
« Reply #83 on: February 25, 2012, 08:50:58 pm »

1.5 Bump, first post is updated with the change log. This version introduces firearms!

DarthBoogalo

• Bay Watcher
  • Wicked.
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: February 25, 2012, 09:37:38 pm »

Don't forget to update the Items and Buildings sections in the OP!
 :)

darklord92

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: February 25, 2012, 11:22:14 pm »

ah yes >.<  also not forgetting the new plant :P

also. i've been thinking up a potion system based upon rains potion binge( in her obsessed quest for immortality ). It mentioned that some potions were exotic but others were made by her own alchemists, we could possibly give the potion making abilities to the Agudner.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2012, 12:04:16 am by darklord92 »

Vellarain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: February 26, 2012, 04:12:35 pm »

Holy crap, I take a break from DF and come back to see this mod taking shape!

Pretty damn impressive!

DarthBoogalo

• Bay Watcher
  • Wicked.
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: February 26, 2012, 04:35:31 pm »

Potions! Mountains and Mountains of potions!
There could be potions that raises agility or strength for a while, that can be made by processing one or two plants and one more harder to obtain ingredient? Like a chunk of unworked bronze!
Wild Strawberry, Rope Reed and an iron bar make a Potion of Strength in an Alchemist's shop, or three adamantine waffers make.. an immortality potion! huzzah!
The Immortality one could be dropped from vilous-specific megabeasts the same way a bronze colossus drops a statue upon death, too?

darklord92

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: February 26, 2012, 05:05:00 pm »

I'm certain a syndrome can be attached to a certain yellow eyed beast's blood, immortality has a cost of course~

DarthBoogalo

• Bay Watcher
  • Wicked.
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: February 26, 2012, 05:09:51 pm »

Barrels of yellow eyed beast blood? I'm not sure you can get anyone but vampires to drink from that. D:
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 31