Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 31

Author Topic: The Vilous Mod V4.3 New thread in proper sub forum  (Read 83225 times)

DarthBoogalo

• Bay Watcher
  • Wicked.
    • View Profile

Sounds pretty brutal, very fitting.
Too bad we can't have law enforcers break fingers yet, that'd be even better.

darklord92

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:SERGALNORTH]
    • View Profile

yes, but not too good for sergals who think there dwarfs x.x gaining the same insanity thresh-hold :P
Form walking potato man out of corpse. Absorb anyone else in the house.
We have a successful derail.
The Vilous Mod - Jingle berries!

chronojiuj

• Bay Watcher
  • Blue Heaven milkshake
    • View Profile

EDIT: Solved both crash problems I had. :)

And with yours not able to wear warplate; for me they still can, but they get listed as small. Have you tried with another installation? I had at some point that no matter how many worlds I genned, warplate would never show up for that specific copy of DF.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2012, 01:47:35 am by chronojiuj »
Dwarf fortress makes you lose weight if you dig too deep and literally shake with anger when someone pulls the lever

Old Bones

• Bay Watcher
  • Pro skub
    • View Profile

Add nevreans. |3

DarthBoogalo

• Bay Watcher
  • Wicked.
    • View Profile

Speaking of other races, how's work on the Agudner? Unless you haven't started on that, I'm thinking you ought to use castes for different numbers of horns? one horned castes, two horned, possibly three..
Oh! And stomping with their hooves, since I'm not very experienced with making my own attacks, I'd probably just rename the way horses kick and slap it onto the Agudner hooves.
I'm thinking Nevreans would get their own cool workshops that do.. cool things, producing three mechanisms out of one stone? better traps? with learning rates increased for all mechanically inclined skills, also an uncommon caste of Nevrean that had their leg(s) replaced with a crossbow, which is fired pretty often using a creature interaction.
^ Rambling's of a sleep deprived fellow, pay no mind.

Old Bones

• Bay Watcher
  • Pro skub
    • View Profile

Nevreans have firearms. Also I would totally be willing to help wherever I could on this mod. I don't have much modding experience though.

DarthBoogalo

• Bay Watcher
  • Wicked.
    • View Profile

If you can sprite, you could make some fine feathered folk that will be the Nevreans? I may take a crack at bodywork myself, leaving entity work to someone else, I don't know a whole lot about Nevreans besides their goldring wiki article, bleh!
Unless Dark or Chrono happen to be working on them already, I'll attempt the Agudner creature file, too.

darklord92

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

i think i might start, should i rearrange the raws first so it's more organized? put all of the sergals into one creature file like creature_standard ? same as there entitys that way we can choose if we want Nevreans and Agudner and possibly the other races to come?

DarthBoogalo

• Bay Watcher
  • Wicked.
    • View Profile

We could both work on one or the other, unless you want to work on both of them!
So like, nevrean_creature.txt? That sounds dandy.

darklord92

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

aye simmiler to that. i think i may use the new animal man system toady put in that way i can make the file size smaller. if i use the humanoid template and use an avian man file i can half my work on the nereans as well as the Agudner. and get to focus more on the civ entity files. as well as there custom reactions and workshops.

the current format for the raws are:

(u)niversal = all races use it        (l)ocal = race specific

(u)building_pack  a universal pack for all custom buildings
(u)reactions_pack  a universal pack for all custom reactions
(u)language_pack   a universal pack that holds the vilous language, they're big files so only one language.
(u)item_pack  a universal pack that holds all of the items
(l)creature_sergal_pack  a local pack that holds the sergal creature raws, include if you want sergals.
(l)entity_sergal_pack  a local pack that makes sergals form civilizations. exclude if you want all sergals to be wild.

DarthBoogalo

• Bay Watcher
  • Wicked.
    • View Profile

While attempting to create Talyxians, I ended up leaving their entire bodies made of claw.. oops!
I will continue work on them until they are PERFECT.

darklord92

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Alright I'll take nevreans. Also I hope you know were going off old age cannon, so talaxians still look like cat people, not micks new designs for the new age cannon. as for nevreans... i got them working the only problem is is that they wont wear cloths :/

raws:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

also a note as of now. i still haven't finished modifying there raws from the sergal copy so the nobels are still sergal nobels.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2012, 09:59:18 pm by darklord92 »

DarthBoogalo

• Bay Watcher
  • Wicked.
    • View Profile

Well, okay, they aren't perfect, but here you go, modified Tigermen hacked with humans!
No errorlog, everything seems to work.. skin is renamed to fur, their head hair is probably actually full-body hair, but eeeeh.. it works!
I suggest giving them lovely silken scarves... no real reason scarves are cool, I'll leave entity stuff to you, since I'm not too Vilous-savy myself.
I can work on a Nevrean revolver next? would be made in a gunsmith's workshop using metal, along with it's ammo?
Aaand.. seems like you're missing [EQUIPS] on the creature file? from the wiki,
You mean this, right?
If anyone else wants to have a go at Talyxians, go for it, I did a really hack job of it myself, essentially a placeholder until a better modder then I comes along.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2012, 10:01:01 pm by DarthBoogalo »

darklord92

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

sure once i get nevreans finished i'll work on talaxian entity files, unless you want to?

and yes i do mean those ones.

and it's not that bad, if anything i did the same with nevreans, consider it a learning experience :3
« Last Edit: February 24, 2012, 10:09:37 pm by darklord92 »

DarthBoogalo

• Bay Watcher
  • Wicked.
    • View Profile

I need to read more about Vilous canon, so I think you should make the entity stuffs.
All we're seeing is descriptions and ASCII anyway, so it's not a big deal, oh, your Nevreans seem to be lacking a long feathery tail? A tail made of feathers would suffice I think, raw-wise I mean.
Unrelated to the mod itself.. what is your avatar? A Nevrean? I can't quite tell what it is.

List of things until next release?!
*Talyxian Entity File
*Agudner creature + entity
*Firearms?
« Last Edit: February 24, 2012, 10:32:24 pm by DarthBoogalo »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 31