Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 31

Author Topic: The Vilous Mod V4.3 New thread in proper sub forum  (Read 83236 times)

Zavvnao

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Vilous Mod V3.5 - Jingle berries :D
« Reply #405 on: May 13, 2013, 01:46:43 pm »

Report on an adventure so far:

my nevrean flyer adventurer was escaping from a group of zombies, and was a z-level above them before one bit his foot (only light bruising with 100% full recovery ^^). I  kept trying to escape, and went from not wrestler to competent wrestler by the time he broke free.

darklord92

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:SERGALNORTH]
    • View Profile
Re: The Vilous Mod V3.6 - Moar Jingle berries! :D
« Reply #406 on: May 14, 2013, 12:52:11 pm »

Decided to release a fix for a rather large bug along with the rest of 4.0's preview stuff
northern sergals would have a near fort killer of not being able to hunt due ot no ranged weapons. they have bows and blowguns now.

-defined all raw entries with a DL92*_ prefix, the mod should now be 99% compatible with any other mod, including skie's and chronojiuj's sergal mod
-remove [flyer] tag from male_flyer nevreans, and compensated by giving them [NATURAL_SKILL:DODGING:4]
-fixed a possible fort killer of northern sergals being unable to hunt with no ranged weapons so added:
   [WEAPON:ITEM_WEAPON_BOW]
      [AMMO:ITEM_AMMO_ARROWS]
   [WEAPON:ITEM_WEAPON_BLOWGUN]
      [AMMO:ITEM_AMMO_BLOWDARTS]
-added some variety to the maximum age of the mods creatures, it's mostly based on life styles,
   as well as the hygiene expected in their culture, and finally the frailty in old age.

-agunders live from 130 to 190
      (being of near dwarven toughness and some may even say rivalling that of dwarves
      themselves at mountain life.)

-Nevreans live from 80 to 95 years
      (while being one of the more intelligent races their life styles benefit quite well,
      however they are still quite frail through their whole lives)

-northern sergals live from 40 to 80 years
      (not expected to live long, but hardy enough to do so if they are lucky)

-southern sergals live from 60 to 75 years
      (while longer lived than northern sergals they are more frail in their old age, and don't live as
      long as a northern could)

-feral talyxias live from 80 to 130 years
      (being bio-mechanical creatures)

-talyxians live from 100 to 120
      (their culture revolves around natural foods and routines as such their lives are often easier )
Form walking potato man out of corpse. Absorb anyone else in the house.
We have a successful derail.
The Vilous Mod - Jingle berries!

Melanth

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: July 30, 2013, 01:59:46 pm »

Hey, I registered just to say thanks for this mod and that I'm really enjoying it!

I've encountered a possible bug with the Yellow Eyed Terror; my fort was recently attacked by one and killed it fairly easily, however since then a large number of cats (and at time of posting, only cats) have been transformed into infested yellow eyed terrors. Despite the anticipation of Fun they don't actually do anything except sit around in the meeting areas scattering blood, and under the units screen are actually listed as Citizens. They've gained traits under thoughts and preferences and to make things even more confusing, they're starting to breed.

Whilst an army of these things would be incredibly badass, I'm curious if this was intended or if I've stumbled on a bug?

darklord92

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: July 30, 2013, 02:13:05 pm »

Hey, I registered just to say thanks for this mod and that I'm really enjoying it!

I've encountered a possible bug with the Yellow Eyed Terror; my fort was recently attacked by one and killed it fairly easily, however since then a large number of cats (and at time of posting, only cats) have been transformed into infested yellow eyed terrors. Despite the anticipation of Fun they don't actually do anything except sit around in the meeting areas scattering blood, and under the units screen are actually listed as Citizens. They've gained traits under thoughts and preferences and to make things even more confusing, they're starting to breed.

Whilst an army of these things would be incredibly badass, I'm curious if this was intended or if I've stumbled on a bug?

oh... dear. it seems they aren't hostile like i planned. hmmm... i may need to add some [opposed to life] tags or some such, i'll save that fix for next update but until than have fun with your army oh angry white fluffy things.

Melanth

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: July 30, 2013, 03:41:19 pm »

oh... dear. it seems they aren't hostile like i planned. hmmm... i may need to add some [opposed to life] tags or some such, i'll save that fix for next update but until than have fun with your army oh angry white fluffy things.

I'm tempted to hunt out the raws and add [TRAINABLE] though I get the feeling that would break the game with a sickening crack.

I'm curious as to why the syndrome is only affecting the cats in my fort however. Is that intended?

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
« Reply #410 on: July 30, 2013, 03:45:46 pm »

I remember reading it in his updates that the yellow terror's blood transforms others into it, which means it's a contact syndrome, and since cats don't have shoes or socks to prevent contaminates from infecting them, they get transformed.

now this is just going by my memory, as this mod hasn't been on the 1st page for quite a while.
Which also catches my fancy of, should this be moved to the Mod Releases sub board? Not like it's mandatory, but might help it get noticed more instead of competing with modding questions and such.

Interesting mod I would try it, but saddly I have no idea what Vilous is.

darklord92

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: July 30, 2013, 04:52:27 pm »

I remember reading it in his updates that the yellow terror's blood transforms others into it, which means it's a contact syndrome, and since cats don't have shoes or socks to prevent contaminates from infecting them, they get transformed.

now this is just going by my memory, as this mod hasn't been on the 1st page for quite a while.
Which also catches my fancy of, should this be moved to the Mod Releases sub board? Not like it's mandatory, but might help it get noticed more instead of competing with modding questions and such.

Interesting mod I would try it, but saddly I have no idea what Vilous is.

I'd be fine with it being moved ^^ and yeah i did take a break from it for a while, mostly waiting on the next releases as there is not really much i can add that isn't "fan fiction" and such, most of this is going on the original authors ideas as well as some of the stuff /tg/ did for it.

Other than that mostly waiting on the next df to make the mod up to date with tag changes and better organization etc.

Yerv

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: August 01, 2013, 03:07:33 pm »

This mod is wonderful!

Zavvnao

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: August 01, 2013, 06:25:42 pm »

If the Agudner where once an advanced civ, maybey there is stuff that would show up in temples or elsewhere like possibly useful metal things, mementos, etc? Just asking out of curiosity.

darklord92

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: August 02, 2013, 05:04:00 am »

If the Agudner where once an advanced civ, maybey there is stuff that would show up in temples or elsewhere like possibly useful metal things, mementos, etc? Just asking out of curiosity.
It could possibly be added within the lore creatures as engravings such as agunder temples and such, though it's quite difficult to add in things such as that. Although trinket like items could be possible.

Zavvnao

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: August 03, 2013, 02:15:22 pm »

Its fine then. I just ask out of curiosity about stuff.

Yerv

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: August 03, 2013, 05:59:34 pm »

So I was running my fortress, perfectly normal, then all of a sudden someone goes berserk, it's one of my legendary miners, he bolts up the stairs from the mine and he starts tearing the other southern sergals into small pieces of gore, I send my militia after him, he uses his shovel claw and tears the heads off of every single one and chases down the war animals, at this point 7 people are left, he chases them down and slaughters them all save for one. Then, all of a sudden he begins to chew on the corpse of one of his kills, knowing that only northern sergals commit cannibalism this struck me as odd. Then he slaughtered the last survivor. Shovel claws are dangerous weapons in the hands of dangerous people...

darklord92

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: August 03, 2013, 07:18:45 pm »

So I was running my fortress, perfectly normal, then all of a sudden someone goes berserk, it's one of my legendary miners, he bolts up the stairs from the mine and he starts tearing the other southern sergals into small pieces of gore, I send my militia after him, he uses his shovel claw and tears the heads off of every single one and chases down the war animals, at this point 7 people are left, he chases them down and slaughters them all save for one. Then, all of a sudden he begins to chew on the corpse of one of his kills, knowing that only northern sergals commit cannibalism this struck me as odd. Then he slaughtered the last survivor. Shovel claws are dangerous weapons in the hands of dangerous people...

Legendary miners have amazing skills with their mining tools :P this happens with dwarves as well, they can often kill most of a well armed milita, hence why the wiki recommend using soldier with mining equipment early on, as you can disband the squad and merely make them mine to raise their weapon skill.  Though i was unaware of the cannibalism, I though that was only in worldgen stuff it could happen.

MistyMountainsCold

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: August 07, 2013, 09:50:48 am »

Great mod! I have one problem though. While adventuring, I stumbled upon a Necromancer tower. While inspecting it, I found that the animated Sergal corpses looked normal, while the other races such as elves and humans used their respective zombie textures (I have Phoebus installed, so this may be a problem.) Anyways, just thought i'd report it (if it is a bug at all, or if I just installed something wrong.)

darklord92

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Vilous Mod V3.7 - Less crashing more metals
« Reply #419 on: October 07, 2013, 07:52:56 pm »

post for update 3.7

-removed the interactions pack, the previous interactions often crashed worldgen. they have been replaced by syndromes.
-swapped attack priority of the yellow eye terror (it will scratch more than bite)
-removed the yellow eye terrors ability to get infections
-nevreans can now refine cobaltite into cobalt metal
-added palladium, very similar to platinum and can be smelted by all races
-added whitegold
-nevreans can make a whitegold alloy with palladium and gold bars or ore
-gave nevreans gauntlets,gloves, and mittens because they lacked handwear

I know it's not 4.0 like I said, but I got around to solving the world gen crashes which will make things much more stable when the next df version does come out.
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 31