Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 31

Author Topic: The Vilous Mod V4.3 New thread in proper sub forum  (Read 83282 times)

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
Re: The Vilous Mod V2.4.1 SOAP!!
« Reply #300 on: May 01, 2012, 08:25:19 pm »

If they used it in a place with a strong current it could be very effective. Kinda like a lateral shower pumping thousands of cubic meters per second. Now, the soap would disintegrate fairly quickly...

Wait, why would Enoca want soap, anyway? They're fish, right? Scrubbing their oily coatings off would leave them more vulnerable to infection, not less...
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

darklord92

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:SERGALNORTH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: May 09, 2012, 07:49:49 pm »

I'd full out say the limitations with df's code, infection can only be cleaned with soap and water ( or the least major infections ). it seems the mods just stagnant until the new df comes out. all i have to do is Talyxian graphics and Enoca graphics.
Form walking potato man out of corpse. Absorb anyone else in the house.
We have a successful derail.
The Vilous Mod - Jingle berries!

DarthBoogalo

• Bay Watcher
  • Wicked.
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: May 13, 2012, 06:13:42 pm »

Decided to get back into finding and fixing problems with the mod thus far after a while of losing interest.

Talyxian Changes!
Renamed Captain of the Guard's squad name from 'fortress guard' to 'town guard'.
Renamed Militia Commander and Miltia Captain's squad to 'militiamen'
Worked off of the DL link in the original post.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I am thinking Talyxians should have SOME form of ranged attacked, but still weaker then bows or crossbows since they have such powerful melee weapons, slingshots?

Sadly, I'm meeting the post length limit, so I need to make a second post for nevrean raws..
« Last Edit: May 13, 2012, 06:23:14 pm by DarthBoogalo »

DarthBoogalo

• Bay Watcher
  • Wicked.
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: May 13, 2012, 06:21:34 pm »

Nevrean Changes!
Removes crossbows from the nevrean entity file, they already have firearms.
Replaces their 'pants' and 'legging' items with a belt item of clothing, which may or may not work correctly, they still have their metal greaves, but no breastplates? I am unsure if this is intended or not, so I left it be.

A belt, I'm actually not sure if citizens will equip it with pants, or if they even count as pants since they are are [LAYER:COVER], but you could try having civs besides the nevreans wear them, huzzah for untested items?
« Last Edit: May 13, 2012, 06:23:48 pm by DarthBoogalo »

DarthBoogalo

• Bay Watcher
  • Wicked.
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: May 13, 2012, 06:29:39 pm »

Agudner Changes, similar to Talyxians changes, renaming militia-dwarves to militiamen, fortress guard renamed to town guard.

Will probably make some Enoca clothing later tonight, with the raws setting them to wear said clothing as well, conical hats are in this summer, don't you know?
As always, let me know if I've messed something up, which I usually do because I don't currently have the will to test these at the moment.
Happy Mothers Day! :D

darklord92

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Vilous Mod V2.5 Sergals riding minecarts, oh my...
« Reply #305 on: May 14, 2012, 09:01:55 am »

update for 2.5  compatible with 34.08 with carts and all!

Skie

• Bay Watcher
  • ~♪
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: May 14, 2012, 11:51:08 am »

This is cool. :)

Sorry for the impressions that I might continue my own implementation, as I did not. Haven't found the patience, interest or time, as competitive devotion to Natural Selection 2 and some other hobbies have taken my time.

I'll definitely try this out after I've exhausted my interest in Diablo 3 for a while! Keep it going.
Skie, Modmaker cancels modcrafting: Went insane.

darklord92

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: May 14, 2012, 11:54:59 am »

It's alright Skie, after all the mod wouldn't be here anyway if i hadn't played it back in (something).16 and learned what Sergals were :P

darklord92

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Vilous Mod V2.5.1 Sergals riding minecarts, oh my...
« Reply #308 on: May 15, 2012, 01:59:14 pm »

minor update for linux users. fixed an installation issue that made installing the mod an issue on linux. Update is optional and only changes the .PNG on some file to .png like it should be.

DarthBoogalo

• Bay Watcher
  • Wicked.
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: May 15, 2012, 09:58:01 pm »

Sergals riding and loading heavy things onto skateboards.
Nevreans riding segways.
It's glorious.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: May 16, 2012, 04:57:48 am »

Nevrean segways? That's just hilarious!

I intend to try this mod again in 34.08, but for the moment I'm watching my 34.07 fort die a slow and horrifying death.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

darklord92

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: May 17, 2012, 09:42:17 am »

the mod looks fine for 34.09 looks like it was just minecart fixes and such. I'm still getting a handle on minecarts but i managed to set up a sergal fort with a mine deep under it moving stone to a stockpile with wheel barrows and than upwards to the main workshop stock pile above with a minecart, having the sergal push it up each time and ride it back down. Cats seem to ignore the tracks however. I've had both of the wandering little fluff balls splattered along the mining tunnel.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: May 19, 2012, 03:08:23 am »

I took a look at the race again, and found a grammatical fallacy in the agudner description.

Here's the rewrite: "A medium-sized humanoid with multiple horns and the legs of a goat. They are the last survivors of the race, which is now near extinction."

Works?

Also, I have found that my game no longer crashes when generating with major mods installed! Whoop! Maybe I'll get around to furthering the developement of my own mods...
I make Spellcrafts!

DarthBoogalo

• Bay Watcher
  • Wicked.
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: May 19, 2012, 10:52:33 pm »

Cats seem to ignore the tracks however. I've had both of the wandering little fluff balls splattered along the mining tunnel.
Seems about right.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: May 21, 2012, 01:07:24 am »

So I generated another world to take a look at the populations and towers and such to test various mods I'm using, and noticed that there are exactly 36 talyxians in the entire world. This is a large world after 125 years of history, and there are at least 2 talyxian civs (out of 30) I imagine they're not a very durable people...

The actual populations:

So that's agudner and nevreans doing very well indeed, while enoca and talyxians aren't in such good shape. I wonder if this will prove to be a trend or if the history seed has more sway than anything else. I'm leaning towards history seed, though. Dragonmen are from a mod of mine, by the way, and yeah, they're pretty pathetic (but not in fortress mode! Armok help your ‼dorfs‼!) All the vanilla races, including kobolds, build cities right now so that's why their populations are so high.

The Talyxians are spread across 7-10 sites, with 1-7 in each, so I wager they've had a rough history with no mercy from their neighbors.

- This just in: A second worldgen, 35 years longer with a different seed, reveals only 2 talyxians left in the world! Both in a tiny hamlet with a bunch of animals.

« Last Edit: May 21, 2012, 01:16:05 am by Eric Blank »
I make Spellcrafts!
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 31