Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 31

Author Topic: The Vilous Mod V4.3 New thread in proper sub forum  (Read 83291 times)

darklord92

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:SERGALNORTH]
    • View Profile
Re: The Vilous Mod V2.1 No more feeling nakid! 34.06 ready!
« Reply #240 on: March 29, 2012, 08:29:38 pm »

I don't think DF will path trade caravans that are underwater. they'd all appear on land, thats why the deep ones won't trade, infact i'm considering just making them lore, and only the shallow ones doing anything.
Form walking potato man out of corpse. Absorb anyone else in the house.
We have a successful derail.
The Vilous Mod - Jingle berries!

DarthBoogalo

• Bay Watcher
  • Wicked.
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: March 29, 2012, 08:56:13 pm »

Which is why I suggested the flavor breathing masks and water tanks and giving them [AMPHIBIOUS], while placing them down in the ocean where they collect their expensive trading things.
But, this could easily causes problems that causes them to be scrapped, like wars being waged in the ocean, so a lore-only thing could work, yes.

Eventually we will be able to create air-tight cities with Enoca, flee the site, and re-enter as Nevreans where they will setup automated turret pets EVERYWHERE.

Speaking of turret pets, those can probably be made, and would fit Nevrean's being physically weak, but brilliant of the mind, immobile pets with an interaction that lets them shoot a lot of a projectiles in short time.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2012, 09:33:26 pm by DarthBoogalo »

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: March 30, 2012, 03:35:40 am »

You may want to hold off on permitting any civilization to begin in an ocean. The game will NOT generate sites underwater, even if they appear on maps, in legends, have effects on worldgen, and have a population including important historical figures. If you were to go there, you would find water and hungry fish, and any adventurer attempting to begin a game in such a place ends up as some cavern creature deep underground. The only exception being if the sea is normally frozen, it seems, and then there's a chance that the game will be a douche and unfreeze the water for just long enough for you to fall in, then freeze it again.

I've found, however, that it is entirely possible to have a civ begin in say, a wetlands environment, and prefer oceans/lakes 10:1 over every other environment. They will immediately move to nearby coastlines (if any) and build cities along the shores for miles in every direction, but will only resort to attempting to place sites out on the water if there's no room along the coast. I had a very similar civilization in a mod I had uploaded for 31.25. Not sure If I'll ever bother to update it seeing as how pumping the game full of crap now results in reaching the Windows RAM limit way too fast.

I look forward to the day Toady permits artificial islands and Atlantis/Venice-style cities in bodies of water.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

darklord92

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: March 31, 2012, 01:21:33 pm »

hmmm we could go only with the shallow forms of the race? keep the deep ones only in lore instead?

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: March 31, 2012, 01:38:01 pm »

That's probably the best option, yeah. If DF didn't hate oceans so much it could all be wonderful...
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

darklord92

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: March 31, 2012, 01:52:36 pm »

that and i think were already reaching race bloating in world gen XD  6+ new races isn't nice on ram and cpu usage

DarthBoogalo

• Bay Watcher
  • Wicked.
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: March 31, 2012, 03:59:58 pm »

Yeah, it isn't, which is why I remove the vanilla races from my game.  :P
Maybe the OP could be updated to recommend the removal of the vanilla races to make room for the mod's, nothing needs to be replaced, simply a recommendation.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: March 31, 2012, 05:18:11 pm »

Technically they don't take up any more room on your RAM, but they DO use up some of the civ slots that would otherwise be used by other races. The more different civs/races you have to choose from, the less common each of them becomes. Say, out of 25 civs in a medium world, (nigh impossible to generate for me...) 3 are dwarven, 4 nevrean, 2 southern sergalic, 3 northern sergalic, 1 enoca, 2 agudner, 3 human, 3 elven, 2 kobold, and 2 goblin. They'd each get a cut of the population and site caps, ignoring that it invariably leans in favor of one of them. Whosoever recieves the RNG's (or RAW's) blessing gets a population and site explosion that leaves the others picking off the leftovers. Werebeasts are a huge problem in world gen right now because their population skyrockets right off Window's RAM usage radar and DF gets force-closed.
I make Spellcrafts!

darklord92

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: April 03, 2012, 11:35:11 am »

i thought i replied to this ) I've heavily considered not implementing the deep water race instead keeping only the surface race of enocha , so they'll live in swamps and beaches. and possibly sell new plants there.

darklord92

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: April 03, 2012, 06:24:52 pm »

alright I've started on the enoca's raws creature raws than entity.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Starmantis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: April 04, 2012, 12:32:48 pm »

would it be alright if I used your sergals in a /tg/ grand unified setting mod? that I may or maynot actually complete

darklord92

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: April 04, 2012, 12:40:11 pm »

Free for use :P  after all this mod was a derivative mod to begin with. Just be sure to say that cronojuju and darklord92 helped for the sergals. Though if you use the rest of the races be sure to credit darthboogaloo and eric blank.

DarthBoogalo

• Bay Watcher
  • Wicked.
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: April 04, 2012, 05:07:33 pm »

Sergals chomping Cutebolds?
I am down with this, good luck with the mod, if you get around to it.  :)

Vellarain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: April 05, 2012, 08:00:41 pm »

Blarg, where do we get some sprites all up in this?

((Edit)) Oh never mind I had a derp moment.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2012, 08:05:10 pm by Vellarain »

darklord92

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: April 06, 2012, 01:09:49 am »

darthboogalo, your fix for female beards seems to have made the agunder creature explode to the point of df crashing x,x
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 31