Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

what sort of server would work best for you?

Internet/lan (something like hamachi)
- 2 (10%)
The good old battle.net (European)
- 1 (5%)
The good old battle.net (American)
- 7 (35%)
battle.net (other)
- 1 (5%)
Both battle.net and hamachi would work
- 9 (45%)

Total Members Voted: 20

Voting closed: December 15, 2011, 01:43:21 am

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10

Author Topic: Warcraft III  (Read 9249 times)

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
Re: Warcraft III
« Reply #105 on: December 16, 2011, 05:56:28 pm »

Righto, I am a bit busy tonight (this time for me), but tomorrow about 2 hours before this time I will be online :).
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: December 16, 2011, 05:58:46 pm »

Providing it's via something-besides-bnet, I can be there, I think. Been running vs. AI games for the last day or two, heh.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: January 05, 2012, 09:58:23 am »

Is anyone still interested in this?

I want to host a game of Founders of the North, and that awesome map works better with friends or at least sane people :).

It's a RPG/Town survival where you start as a character, build a camp and then improve it into a town.

It's VERY different from LOAP maps, so don't think that's it. Consider it something like Werewolf Transylvania without a player-controlled werewolf (although there are events which spawn a vampire, a werewolf etc. which are AI controlled and are quite terrifying) with lots of quests, professions and awesome mechanics.

You can wield tons of items and mount horses, so RPG elements are strong. Also there's an obligatory marriage and heritage.

The map is quite dynamic, there are different AI-controlled factions fighting each other, many mobile special units (merchants, travellers, messengers etc) and lots of events.

I would suggest you at least to try it. It has some in-development features (like guilds) which are not finished yet, but the existing features are bug-free and awesome.

So, is anyone interested? :)
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: January 05, 2012, 10:01:57 am »

I might try it some time.  I'm not a huge fan of that genre of map though.
Shoes...

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: January 05, 2012, 10:02:45 am »

Founders of the north is a great map. I'd like to play it, if we can get neough good people ( I hate people who just make an army and kill everyone else in the first few minutes.)

varsashi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: January 05, 2012, 11:52:35 am »

Damn, custom games used to be my life blood. Every day after I got done with classes I would sit down and play hours of SOL's Open RPG, Battleships, Shamanism, Dark Deeds, etc while waiting to see the green text telling me that my friend 5rJoud signed into battle.net. He was the creator of my hands down favorite custom game, Šungeon Action. http://www.epicwar.com/maps/178516/

If I may try my hand at describing it: A vaguely DnD themed hero arena with the most well thought out heroes, excellent AI controlled pets to follow you, and dangers behind every corner. For the cunning, there are great treasures to be found, for the foolish, a quick death. But be wary, you only have one life in this world unless you find the means for another before your end.

I haven't heard from the creator in a couple years but the game can still be found on epicwar. I'm on my old computer now and since it still has Frozen Throne installed I figured I would post in this thread. If anyone wants to play some games, I'm on US East as varsashi. I'd be happy to host and explain some of the parts of DA that aren't so self explanatory.

ayoriceball

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: January 05, 2012, 12:03:50 pm »

Damn, custom games used to be my life blood. Every day after I got done with classes I would sit down and play hours of SOL's Open RPG, Battleships, Shamanism, Dark Deeds, etc while waiting to see the green text telling me that my friend 5rJoud signed into battle.net. He was the creator of my hands down favorite custom game, Šungeon Action. http://www.epicwar.com/maps/178516/

If I may try my hand at describing it: A vaguely DnD themed hero arena with the most well thought out heroes, excellent AI controlled pets to follow you, and dangers behind every corner. For the cunning, there are great treasures to be found, for the foolish, a quick death. But be wary, you only have one life in this world unless you find the means for another before your end.

I haven't heard from the creator in a couple years but the game can still be found on epicwar. I'm on my old computer now and since it still has Frozen Throne installed I figured I would post in this thread. If anyone wants to play some games, I'm on US East as varsashi. I'd be happy to host and explain some of the parts of DA that aren't so self explanatory.

I would love to join you! If I could get another RoC disc to install. Mine has cracked :(
Don't dwarven ladies know they're beautiful the way they are? They don't need to starve themselves to look like those elven bitches.
"Tigermen are lazy and worthless... but not MY friend, Grroawarul."

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: January 05, 2012, 12:22:42 pm »

As long as you have the CD-Key then your fine.
Just download a copy of the game (illegally) and use the Key to install and you can play it just fine.
Sure, its pirating technically, but since you already bought the game, I don't think its that bad.
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.

varsashi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: January 05, 2012, 12:29:40 pm »

Or if you have the key, register it on us.battle.net and download the game legally.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: January 05, 2012, 12:31:11 pm »

I'd love to join in if someone's hosting outside of Bnet. M'poor CD key's lost to the winds.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

ayoriceball

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: January 05, 2012, 10:29:02 pm »

Or if you have the key, register it on us.battle.net and download the game legally.
Thanks.
Don't dwarven ladies know they're beautiful the way they are? They don't need to starve themselves to look like those elven bitches.
"Tigermen are lazy and worthless... but not MY friend, Grroawarul."

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: January 06, 2012, 07:00:21 am »

I am deon.ac on Northrend and Azeroth. Add me and tell me your names :).
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: January 06, 2012, 07:30:56 am »

Ugh, was playing DotA. I hate being told "OMG U R USING WRONG BUILD", then winning the game for them. Im 10-6-13 Luna and a 2-6-10 BB is telling me to sell Sange&Yasha because Sange wont proc. I dont think he realized that SnY gives TONS more then a proc, and selling such an expensive item for half price because a fraction of it doesnt work correctly is absolutely idiotic.

Most of the DotA players I see are an embarressment. Between the 1337 sp34k, raging, and lack of care for anyone but themselves, I see no reason to think of the community as anything but a bunch of immature nitwits. Its really a shame, because DotA is a very good custom map, but the community isn't worth their weight in... anything.

Anyway, won the game for the nerds. Take that, dota community!
« Last Edit: January 06, 2012, 07:40:57 am by Rex_Nex »

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: January 06, 2012, 07:38:26 am »

Im 10-6-13 Luna and a 2-6-10 BB is telling me to sell Sange&Yasha because Sange wont proc. I dont think he realized that SnY gives TONS more then a proc.
What :D
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: January 06, 2012, 07:43:41 am »

Heh, excuse my dotaspeak. 10-6-3 are my Kills, Deaths, and Assists in that order. Sange & Yasha is a item that gives +agi, +str, chance to slow on attack, and a bit extra movement speed. A proc is a chance to do something when you have an action; for example, Crit is a proc, since there is a chance to crit every attack. Luna and BB (Bristleback) are two heroes in DotA.

Not that anyone cares. I have such an odd taste in games Q~Q
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10