Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: It's like having my own Benny Hill!  (Read 1615 times)

Duntada Man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
It's like having my own Benny Hill!
« on: December 11, 2011, 05:52:39 pm »

A rich supply of goblinite has been found by my dwarves over the last season. Nearly 30 mounted goblins arrived to donate their bones, gear, and mounts to the Dwarven outpost of Shootconfused.

It seems they also brought a wing of 5 lashers mounted on giant cave swallows. This presents some entertaining problems.

While the goblins want desperately to get close enough to my dwarves to make donations, the giant cave swollows are terrified of beards and will not get near the dwarf. For two seasons I have had my military chasing them around trying to ill them, while the swallows run away.

This wouldn't be so bad, except another problem shoot confused seems to be having, is that none of my dwarves are picking up ammo anymore. So everyone is running away from each other while hilarious music plays.

Is there a way to get my dwarves to lock and load if they won't grab ammo? (I already unforbid EVRYTHING ammo wise, even single bolts lyin on the ground.) Or should I find a way to fast forward and enjoy the show?
Girlinhat: The biggest issue seems to be size.  A 1x1 room would allow for maximum child desecration.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
Re: It's like having my own Benny Hill!
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2011, 05:54:55 pm »

I think you have to new ones from the military screen, although this is just my guess.

Fluffkind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2011, 08:44:41 am »

If things don't work with the military you could always try burrowed hunters.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2011, 02:25:38 pm »

You checked their ammunition screen?

krenshala

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2011, 03:30:53 pm »

I remember someone mentioning they would rearm with new bolds if the ammo stockpile was not in view of the enemy.  not sure if that helps you at all or not ...

So, any chance of a video of the confusion that has engulfed Shootconfused?  Adding Yakkety Sax is is optional.
Quote from: Haspen
Quote from: phoenixuk
Zepave Dawnhogs the Butterfly of Vales the Marsh Titan ... was taken out by a single novice axedwarf and his pet war kitten. Long Live Domas Etasastesh Adilloram, slayer of the snow butterfly!
Doesn't quite have the ring of heroics to it...
Mother: "...and after the evil snow butterfly was defeated, Domas and his kitten lived happily ever after!"
Kids: "Yaaaay!"

Duntada Man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2011, 05:15:51 pm »

I tried getting a video of it, but gave myself a headache trying to follow around the cave swallows. They are fast little blighters.

I fired everyone, then put them all back into the military. That seemed to have fixed the problem. Though now I have a bunch of dwarves walking around with only 2 bolts in their quivers, and my 500 steel bolts are severely depleted.
Girlinhat: The biggest issue seems to be size.  A 1x1 room would allow for maximum child desecration.

Azure

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2011, 08:48:54 pm »

Good thing that worked. In the future, check the ammunition screen to make sure you don't have 300 bolt set aside for nonexistent hunters and that squads with indiv/weapon don't have bolts assigned when they are all wielding melee weapons.