Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Fortress called Lashedbound  (Read 579 times)

vilkerson

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Fortress called Lashedbound
« on: December 11, 2011, 09:24:37 am »

The day of a big conflict

It´s another quiet day at the fortress named Lashedbound.This fortress is a unique one.The clever dwarves had built a city over their fortress so that invading forces would think this was a human settlement.And because most of the jobs were done outside they were packed with vitamin-D.
   Anyway,dwarves living there were happy and didn´t have any problems.The city had just risen from the middle of nowhere.With it´s one hundred inhabitants,it´s economy was stable,it didn´t have any criminals and the military consisted of a axedwarf,macedwarf and two recruits.They all had a happy life and didn´t grumble about their guard duty.
   That day in the fortress started like always.Dwarves woke up,drunk beer,ate breakfast and did their jobs.The mayor was in his office doing paperwork,the manager was managing things and the broker was screwing around as always because he had nothing else to do.The fortress’ sheriff was on his way to the tavern.He had only drunk three glasses of beer when he was interupted by a fisherdwarf.“Help,“he yelled.He caught the sheriff´s attention immediately.“What is it ?“ he asked.“Goblins!“he said “i´m not lying, i swear.“The sheriff put down his glass of beer and looked at the fisherdwarf and quietly said “You know what,i don´t believe you.“The fisherdwarf looked at him with fear and said “You HAVE to believe me,it´s true!“he yelled “they already killed my friend.The others didn´t believe me and went to the fishing spot.“The sheriff listened to him quietly and then said “I´ll send my men to check it but if you are lying again i will come back and show you why you don´t lie to me.“Saying that he stood up and went to the barracks where his men were sparring.
One of the men came to him and said “we heard about the goblin ambush sir,“he said quickly.“then send some men to deal with this problem!“the sheriff said.As he said that he heard a horn from the east.The broker recognised the horn and said “Human traders,they couldn´t come at a better time.“Then the horn was cut off.“Well that was weird,“said the broker.Then they saw all the human traders running down the hill and they were chased by goblins.“wait, the fishing spot is in the north,“the sheriff said,“those bastards are flanking us!“
„Call everyone inside,now!“he yelled,“our traps will take care of them".Then he went on the wall and watched everyone run inside.When everyone were inside he yelled,“close the main gate!“The main gate closed and the rear gate opened.The rear exit was special too.It was a long corridor with traps in it.the goblin ran through the corridor and the cage traps activated.The goblins were defeated.Later that day when the dwarves dared to go out they picked clean the traders bodies and buried their dead.The sheriff was going for a drink when he was rudely interrupted again.“What is it now?“he asked.The man who interrupted him was a recruit.“We had two more dead dwarves found outside the fortress’ walls,“he reported,“we also saw a snatcher who we scared away,he was the one who killed our dwarves.“The sheriff dismissed the young recruit and drank some beer.“only three dead,“he said calmly,“not bad.“Then he went and butchered some of the goblins they had caught.They lived unconcernedly for some time.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2011, 09:26:22 am by vilkerson »

King DZA

• Bay Watcher
  • Ruler of all things ruleable
    • View Profile
Re: Fortress called Lashedbound
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2011, 07:32:20 pm »

Dare I say that sounds like a rather minor conflict. Anyway, nice to see you're taking a swing at writing. A bit of constructive criticism, though:

Paragraphs are far easier to read through than a giant hulking wall of text.

vilkerson

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: Fortress called Lashedbound
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2011, 08:38:08 am »

King DZA:
Yeah im kinda new to Dwarf fortress and writing anyway.Thanks for the hint.:)
« Last Edit: December 13, 2011, 08:49:01 am by vilkerson »