Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6

Author Topic: The Call of Magic - Roll to be a Mage.  (Read 7563 times)

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
Re: The Call of Magic - Roll to be a Mage.
« Reply #60 on: December 12, 2011, 08:59:03 am »

Probably after I wake up.

For the record, I read your ridiculously large lore posts...
Fate/Stay Night: OOC thread - Serious talk about the canon characters' bisexuality, gravity rape, Noble Phantasm balance, Tiruin's character level of dumbness versus naivete, how sick and tainted my mind is, linguistics and much more.

What more do you need?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: December 12, 2011, 09:53:38 am »

overly long Lore posts no one reads!
Lore is fun to read  :P. Good writing on it too.

Superior_Tomato

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm waiting. . .
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: December 12, 2011, 04:04:11 pm »

Just a quick question: Using Necroturgy, would you be able to gain the memories of a dead creature/person? And would you possibly be able to reuse those memories in a re-animated corpse? You can guess where I'm going with this.

Edit: I also think that derms Bio should be changed to "where he goes, varying levels of chaos and cries of "Dammit Derm!" follow.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2011, 04:06:44 pm by Superior_Tomato »
'Course with Dwarf Fortress, the only relevant question is, "How far away will the ASCII gibs splash on landing?"
5 squares per limb, if you raise the north orthoclase bridge before sacrificing one of them so they have a straight shot to the bottom of the chasm.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: December 12, 2011, 04:18:06 pm »

Hey, you never answered my question. What the hell are these Active and Passive forms every school has to mention? D:

Also, I read them too. They're nice.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: December 12, 2011, 05:43:06 pm »

ARGHH I ONLY JUST REALISED THAT IT DID NOT SAVE OH WELL

Edit: Sheet most definitely got saved this time
« Last Edit: December 12, 2011, 05:57:41 pm by wolfchild »
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: December 12, 2011, 06:01:59 pm »

NO I MISSED IT DARN YOU TERRARIA !!!!

Anywho waitlist me please.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: December 12, 2011, 06:04:08 pm »

Bah, 5th on the waitlist. You'd better make with the corpses real quick! >:(
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: December 12, 2011, 06:18:00 pm »

Bah, 5th on the waitlist. You'd better make with the corpses real quick! >:(

Heh, did you take a look at how many summoners we have?  ;)

Cause, we've been over this before...
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: December 12, 2011, 06:56:51 pm »

Oh right. Passive spells are cast, and then affect something in some way. They're low maintenance, spread over a long period of time. For example, a passive Conjuration spell would be to make an object a light source. The spell is cast, then stays passively doing not much.

Active spells are quick, over a short period of time. Throwing a fireball would be an active Conjuration spell.

On a side note, I love Terraria :D
Fate/Stay Night: OOC thread - Serious talk about the canon characters' bisexuality, gravity rape, Noble Phantasm balance, Tiruin's character level of dumbness versus naivete, how sick and tainted my mind is, linguistics and much more.

What more do you need?

Superior_Tomato

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm waiting. . .
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: December 13, 2011, 12:49:27 pm »

*cough**cough*myquestion*cough*

Anyway, time to make a spesifically anti-Conjuration creature? Because I don't think I can kill them all by myself.
'Course with Dwarf Fortress, the only relevant question is, "How far away will the ASCII gibs splash on landing?"
5 squares per limb, if you raise the north orthoclase bridge before sacrificing one of them so they have a straight shot to the bottom of the chasm.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: December 13, 2011, 03:28:28 pm »

Anti-Conjuration creature? That's easy. See, we'll use Alteration to strengthen and empower the materials, possible conjured by Conjuration in the first place, Necroturgy to infuse it with an animating spirit, Divination to give it improved sight and predict and correct errors, Mentalism to program it properly/ensure that it's in the proper state of mind, Demonology to empower it even further, and Bioturgy to infuse it with enough "life" to regenerate itself.

The result will be a totally awesome, totally not-berserk golem of unfathomable power, which can easily deal with all of our lesser screwups.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: December 13, 2011, 06:08:33 pm »

I'm Wolfchild, and I approve this statement ^^^
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: December 13, 2011, 06:24:20 pm »

Oh. Right. Yes, Tomato, you would be able to... though it would require some skill in Mentalism, and if you wanted to implant memories... and some skill in Bioturgy if you wish to make said corpse seem 'Lifelike'.

What more do you need?

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: December 13, 2011, 06:34:32 pm »

Maybe we could all just agree not to summon critters in the middle of battle...that...never works.

Ahh, but lets hope we can get started with the game soon anyway.

The anticipation will never live up to the reality, or will it? :P
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: December 13, 2011, 06:41:52 pm »

Don't listen to Dwarmin, he's just jealous because he has to fight all his own battles. He's not awesome like you.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6