Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Epicmafia: A game based on social skills and psychology  (Read 8735 times)

cerapa

• Bay Watcher
  • It wont bite....unless you are the sun.
    • View Profile
Re: Epicmafia: A game based on social skills and psychology
« Reply #15 on: December 14, 2011, 02:54:51 pm »

Damn, this is fun.

Had an awesome game. Was mafia. Used the power of reverse psychology and sided with the real cop, not the other mafia dude. Day 2, I get bussed, real cop presumes I am not mafia, big mistake. Lots of people poke holes at real cop, lynch my ass. And then lynch the real cop.

Victory.

Tick, tick, tick the time goes by,
tick, tick, tick the clock blows up.

lavenders2

• Bay Watcher
  • The cheese stands alone...
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 15, 2011, 03:33:08 am »

In our mafia you don't get nightkilled on N0 for saying this is your first game. We don't even have a N0. Seriously, epicmafia sucks. Don't play it.
True, it is a game with a horrible community, but the game itself can still be good if you get a good match. For every bad match I had 3 good ones (and no that is not a good ratio, but the good ones make up for the bad ones in my opinion).
I really love the idea behind the game itself and also the hilarious outcomes you can get, but with the Epicmafia community, it just sucks really bad
Look here.
Wait... What? How long has that been there?!?!
Might have a look at it, but let us be honest, Epicmafia has the advantage of being realtime and not forum based so games are much much quicker. Haven't tried the ones on the Bay 12 forums though so it is best I give them a shot before saying anything
Damn, this is fun.

Had an awesome game. Was mafia. Used the power of reverse psychology and sided with the real cop, not the other mafia dude. Day 2, I get bussed, real cop presumes I am not mafia, big mistake. Lots of people poke holes at real cop, lynch my ass. And then lynch the real cop.

Victory.
It's games like those ones where you start to feel a sense of awesome that only mafia games can fulfill.
Economies of scale: Dathominion Co.

Paul

• Bay Watcher
  • Polite discourse with a dash of insanity.
    • View Profile
    • Need an affordable website? I can help.
« Reply #17 on: December 15, 2011, 11:10:29 am »

I gave this a try. The premise seems fun, but the games I got into had idiots and weren't very fun. And apparently theres a limit of 5 games a day. Only lasted less than 30 mins because they went so fast.

First game I was cop, got a guilty on someone and said it. Other mafia claims to be cop and says he got an inno on someone, and convinced everyone else to lynch me because I'm a new player with no avatar. The rest of them then lynch the fake cop next round, and somehow completely disregard the guilty I got on round 1 and allowed the other mafia to talk them into lynching another innocent. Seriously? And they called ME the newbie?
Do you like Science Fiction? I'm writing the Weaveborn Saga over on Royal Road and my website. Link

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 15, 2011, 11:12:22 am »

I gave this a try. The premise seems fun, but the games I got into had idiots and weren't very fun. And apparently theres a limit of 5 games a day. Only lasted less than 30 mins because they went so fast.

First game I was cop, got a guilty on someone and said it. Other mafia claims to be cop and says he got an inno on someone, and convinced everyone else to lynch me because I'm a new player with no avatar. The rest of them then lynch the fake cop next round, and somehow completely disregard the guilty I got on round 1 and allowed the other mafia to talk them into lynching another innocent. Seriously? And they called ME the newbie?
See, it's the lack of things like this that make B12 mafia so awesome.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 15, 2011, 11:38:27 am »

No, really, a three-year old with a mental disability can play epicmafia. And looking at the results, they are the only ones actually playing there.

Seriously, I was KILLED by the SCUM on the first night after I declared myself to be a noob. I can't fathom what was going through the scumteam's heads when they did it. That's just ridiculously stupid.

Also it doesn't have bastard mods, flavor-heavies, closed setups and all the other goodness we can offer. Seriously, Epicmafia sucks. Don't play it.

klingon13524

• Bay Watcher
  • The Mongols are cool!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 15, 2011, 12:57:33 pm »

No, really, a three-year old with a mental disability can play epicmafia. And looking at the results, they are the only ones actually playing there.

Seriously, I was KILLED by the SCUM on the first night after I declared myself to be a noob. I can't fathom what was going through the scumteam's heads when they did it. That's just ridiculously stupid.

Also it doesn't have bastard mods, flavor-heavies, closed setups and all the other goodness we can offer. Seriously, Epicmafia sucks. Don't play it.
At least their games don't drag on for weeks. If B12 actually went at a pace faster than several days to the ingame day, it would be perfect.
By creating a gobstopper that never loses its flavor he broke thermodynamics
Maybe it's parasitic. It never loses its flavor because you eventually die from having your nutrients stolen by it.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 15, 2011, 01:19:43 pm »

Don't check mafiascum if you think we're too slow- their games can last months.

IRC, Epicmafia, Bay12, Mafiascum.  Four different experiences of the same game, scaled to taste.

(You should totally at least give ours a try.  We always welcome new players of any skill level- even first timers!)
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

klingon13524

• Bay Watcher
  • The Mongols are cool!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 15, 2011, 01:41:44 pm »

IRC, Epicmafia, Bay12, Mafiascum.  Four different experiences of the same game, scaled to taste.

(You should totally at least give ours a try.  We always welcome new players of any skill level- even first timers!)
I'm in for two games, which are taking ages to progress past signups. Also, how sure are you about that first timers thing? My experience so far contradicts that footnote about skill level.
Maybe it's parasitic. It never loses its flavor because you eventually die from having your nutrients stolen by it.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 15, 2011, 01:43:34 pm »

Tbh, one of the games you signed up for has a mod who is notorious for his procrastination and he most likely doesn't even know that you even signed up.

Also, Beginner's mafias. You can't really expect to play if you haven't proven your worth first.

klingon13524

• Bay Watcher
  • The Mongols are cool!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 15, 2011, 01:46:11 pm »

Tbh, one of the games you signed up for has a mod who is notorious for his procrastination and he most likely doesn't even know that you even signed up.

Also, Beginner's mafias. You can't really expect to play if you haven't proven your worth first.
The beginners mafia I saw was only on day 2, and had 17 pages of text. I'll wait until I catch one in signups stage.

Laexio

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 29, 2012, 03:50:14 pm »

Unfortunately, you're restricted to the Training lobby when you first sign up to the site. Due to the way it is restricted, many players (the dregs of the community) choose to stay in the Training lobby when they could move up to the Competitive lobby. If you want a good game that lasts longer than 10 minutes, you should aim to play in competitive. It requires 2500 points, that's about 40 wins. The players are considerably better in the Competitive lobby and do think before they act.

Sorry for the necro-bump. Couldn't resist with all the EM hate going on.
« Last Edit: February 29, 2012, 03:52:40 pm by Laexio »

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 29, 2012, 04:57:11 pm »

I'm a bit skilled and could enjoy a good game. problem is, italian roles are totally different (duh). where are a compendium of the non retarded actual mafia roles?

we have the same basic game but with werewolves, go figure.

Ottofar

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, spinning?
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 29, 2012, 05:43:08 pm »

I'm a bit skilled and could enjoy a good game. problem is, italian roles are totally different (duh). where are a compendium of the non retarded actual mafia roles?

we have the same basic game but with werewolves, go figure.

XylBot's role list. It's used on #mafia, but the same roles generally apply elsewhere too.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 29, 2012, 05:51:24 pm »

If you want quick games, I also tend to enjoy IRC mafia more than the epic-mafia type stuff.

Especially since
Unfortunately, you're restricted to the Training lobby when you first sign up to the site. Due to the way it is restricted, many players (the dregs of the community) choose to stay in the Training lobby when they could move up to the Competitive lobby. If you want a good game that lasts longer than 10 minutes, you should aim to play in competitive. It requires 2500 points, that's about 40 wins.
is pretty incredibly dumb. Seriously, 40 wins to play against decent players? That's just sheer chance in the sort of games I've had in many places...

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 29, 2012, 06:56:09 pm »

If you want IRC Mafia, just go to irc.globalgamers.net/#mafia.

We have an IRC Roguelike Mafia being made, but it's currently in hiatus, as things like school tend to get in my way of developing it further.

But yeah, epicmafia is pretty terribad.
Pages: 1 [2] 3