Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 30

Author Topic: Kill Webadict Now: Webadict Edition - Game Over  (Read 42955 times)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: Kill Webadict Now: Webadict Edition - Day 0.631
« Reply #330 on: December 28, 2011, 07:00:39 pm »

Let's lynch klingon today and give Native Dariush's extra life. If the lyncher wins (and the assassin doesn't), I shoot Native tonight so the assassin wins. Otherwise, we lynch Native tomorrow for the lyncher victory.
I suspect we may need to cult all tonwies first, so both anti-town factions can outnumber them without them losing. Also concerned that we may need to use the all-target thing to give everyone a life, so as to fulfill other normally conflicting survive/kill conditions (survivor/SK).

Vector, what would you think about "Do achieved win conditions cease to qualify when their condition is undone?" or similar? It's one of the most important things in the game, but we could potentially just assume it to be true because otherwise we're screwed (or can only win by culting everyone).
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: December 28, 2011, 07:30:53 pm »

Culting everyone may be a decent use of the alien tech.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: December 28, 2011, 08:45:18 pm »

Also, I suspect that the game may end when I die.
I wouldn't be so sure, that would result in an automatic loss for everyone who hasn't fulfilled their other wincons.

Culting everyone may be a decent use of the alien tech.
I don't think that would result in everyone being cult (and thus winning). Pandar stated that only those of a corruptible mind may be converted. What exactly that means, I have no idea.

The only way I can think of to get everyone a win (though honestly, I haven't had much time to think on it) is to use my revive and NUKE's alien tech to bring everyone back again after all of the outnumber and kill wincons are satisfied and then fulfill the remaining wincons.
Yeah, you're a dick, NativeForeigner.
Quit being such a dick, you dick.
Maybe if you weren't such a dick you wouldn't be such a dick.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: December 28, 2011, 09:41:59 pm »

Aren't you unable to revive someone already dead?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: December 28, 2011, 10:00:47 pm »

That's Dariush's extra life (a transferrable auto-revive). Native's just got a regular revive.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: December 28, 2011, 10:06:54 pm »

You have a MAGIC WAND.
Once per game, during the Night, you may grant any other player a wish. The target will revive once upon death. Granting the Webadict a wish, while stupid, is useless.

That's not how I interpret it.  Native, you should probably clarify.

Think0028

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: December 28, 2011, 10:26:41 pm »

Who should we lynch, as the day is very soon to be over?
If it scares people into posting, then yes.

If they end up lynched because they didn't post, oh well. Too bad for them. Maybe they should've tried posting.
Web-based Lurker Tracker for Mafia

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: December 28, 2011, 10:39:38 pm »

Klingon.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2011, 10:52:20 pm by Urist Imiknorris »
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: December 28, 2011, 10:42:05 pm »

Extend, though I doubt it'll work.

Think0028

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: December 28, 2011, 10:44:15 pm »

It didn't work last time, but extend,.
If it scares people into posting, then yes.

If they end up lynched because they didn't post, oh well. Too bad for them. Maybe they should've tried posting.
Web-based Lurker Tracker for Mafia

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: December 28, 2011, 10:46:14 pm »

All right.  What question are we pulling for the answer to?  If you let me know, I can get the answer back before the end of the day.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: December 28, 2011, 10:47:58 pm »

Jim Groovester - Kill everyone else.
Urist Imiknorris - Have the Mafia win (Outnumber the remainder of the Town)
NativeForeigner - Kill all anti-Town factions.  Have at least one member from your team still alive.
klingon13524 - Kill all anti-Town factions.  Have at least one member from your team still alive.
Think0028 - Lynch [Town] while alive.*
Dariush - Survive until the end of the game
Urist_McArathos - Reach day 5 alive.**
Pandarsenic - Kill all killing roles.  Have your team outnumber the rest of the Town.***

I stripped out redundant and completed wincons.

I think Pandar needs to recruit Urist I.  If he loses his Mafia wincon, that'll make things much simpler, as it's one less wincon to worry about.  I think lynching Klingon is a mistake- recruiting the townies would get rid of the townie wincon too, then recruiting Think and Irony would get rid of those.  The trick is knowing which ones are recruitable.  Cultists would be potential lynches.  If *Jim* is recruitable (which I doubt), it's pretty much just a standard cult win.

Everyone:  PM Web and ask if you are recruitable.  Townies can skip it, since they're recruitable for sure.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: December 28, 2011, 10:49:20 pm »

Vector, what would you think about "Do achieved win conditions cease to qualify when their condition is undone?" or similar?

I think that.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: December 28, 2011, 10:49:46 pm »

Also, you should probably screw with the computer...

How about "What is the administrator password?"

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: December 28, 2011, 10:50:47 pm »

Derp, that's not yes-no.
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 30