Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 30

Author Topic: Kill Webadict Now: Webadict Edition - Game Over  (Read 42976 times)

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
Re: Kill Webadict Now: Webadict Edition - Day 0.631
« Reply #285 on: December 27, 2011, 09:22:27 am »

First thing's first: We need to resolve the much larger problem- there's no Mafioso.  How does the Mafia-Ally win?

My PARTICULARLY CLEVER DISGUISE and Dariush's SET OF SOMEWHAT CLEVER DISGUISES make us both count as mafia so long as I'm alive.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Kill Webadict Now: Webadict Edition - Day 0
« Reply #286 on: December 27, 2011, 10:28:22 am »

You count as part of any team as long as you remain alive and one of them remains alive.

There's no mafioso alive. Does your counting as Mafia-Ally count for him counting as Mafia?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

klingon13524

• Bay Watcher
  • The Mongols are cool!
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: December 27, 2011, 11:39:58 am »

Toaster,

My role PM is posted for all to see, feel free to deduce that yourself.
By creating a gobstopper that never loses its flavor he broke thermodynamics
Maybe it's parasitic. It never loses its flavor because you eventually die from having your nutrients stolen by it.

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: December 27, 2011, 02:26:35 pm »

First thing's first: We need to resolve the much larger problem- there's no Mafioso.  How does the Mafia-Ally win?

Native and Klingon:  Are you two sure neither of you is the Mafioso?
Positive.
Yeah, you're a dick, NativeForeigner.
Quit being such a dick, you dick.
Maybe if you weren't such a dick you wouldn't be such a dick.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: December 27, 2011, 02:36:37 pm »

Actually... there's a convoluted possibility that when checking who's alive first both UI and me are assumed as being mafia, then we see that the other player's mafia and keep assuming that we're mafia ourselves... thus, when one of us dies, whole mafia team is destroyed.

Well, that or someone simply lied. But simplest things are never the most fun, are they? © Max White

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: December 27, 2011, 04:07:50 pm »

I might be the mafioso, actually.  There's nothing in my PM that indicates it and I can't chat with the goons, but it seems plausible.

Either that, or someone is lying.  I guess we need to do full, direct-copy posts.

Vector

You have been chosen...

A man cloaked in shadows hands you a card. Why webadict would cloak himself in shadows isn't something you care to figure out, because he's obsolete now. You are the future.

Webadict
Your WIN CONDITION must satisfy all of the following CONDITIONS:
 - Everyone else must lose; OR
 - Everyone else must win

You have 24 BULLETS.
During the Day, you may shoot a player once or twice. If you shoot once, the target will bleed out, dying by the end of the following Day. If you shoot twice, the target dies immediately. You may use this ability on any number of players, but you may only use this ability once per Day.
During the Night, you may load any number of bullets into your turret. If more people shoot at you than bullets you have loaded into your turret, you die. Otherwise, anyone that shot at you during the Night will die. Extra bullets loaded into the turret will become corrupted and unusable.

Your BULLETS are RATHER INTELLIGENT.
Your bullets react automatically during the Day. If anyone shoots at you, a bullet will be used up, instantly killing the shooter and saving you.

You have a THIRST FOR SOULS.
At least one person must die every Day, or you will die at the start of the next Day.

You have WEBADICT'S SUPPORT.
You may ask a yes or no question once per Day that the mod must answer as truthfully as possible. You may ask this question by starting with "Webadict, I must ask:" You are also privy to a secret meeting room.

Crap, I lost a bullet.

So, who did you try to shoot?  If it was me, then why aren't you dead?
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: December 27, 2011, 04:20:54 pm »

"Webadict, I must ask:  How does everyone win?"

Of course, that'll probably get you "By having everyone fulfill their win conditions."

You could ask who, if anyone, is fakeclaiming.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

klingon13524

• Bay Watcher
  • The Mongols are cool!
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: December 27, 2011, 04:22:30 pm »

- Everyone else must lose; OR
I just thought of an insane workaroun Nah, forget it.
Maybe it's parasitic. It never loses its flavor because you eventually die from having your nutrients stolen by it.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: December 27, 2011, 04:30:14 pm »

Ideas, no matter how crazy, are a start.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: December 27, 2011, 04:36:11 pm »

"Webadict, I must ask:  How does everyone win?"

Of course, that'll probably get you "By having everyone fulfill their win conditions."

You could ask who, if anyone, is fakeclaiming.

It's a yes-or-no question.  Otherwise, I would have asked both of those already =/
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

klingon13524

• Bay Watcher
  • The Mongols are cool!
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: December 27, 2011, 05:04:22 pm »

Ideas, no matter how crazy, are a start.
No, it was just some insane troll logic that my brain farted up. I'd look like an idiot if I told anybody the secret to winning about it.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: December 27, 2011, 05:53:17 pm »

As I said, my disguise makes me count as mafia so long as I'm alive. It says nothing about other mafia needing to be alive. And if I'm alive, there's a mafia "member" alive, so Dariush is mafia.

Vector: "Is anyone fakeclaiming?"

I think we need to get the game down to a mafia victory then mass-revive and bring the game to a town victory.

Man Cloaked in Shadows: Does a Mafia victory occur when there are more mafia-aligned players than town-aligned, or when there are more mafia-aligned than everyone else total? If yes, which one is it?
« Last Edit: December 27, 2011, 05:55:05 pm by Urist Imiknorris »
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: December 27, 2011, 05:57:20 pm »

Vector: "Is anyone fakeclaiming?"

Yes, I thought of that, and that was going to be the next question if I couldn't think of anything better by evening.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: December 27, 2011, 09:01:12 pm »

Prod Nuke and Think, please.

Think and Urist McA - You two need to post your full role PM, please.

More coming

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: December 27, 2011, 09:02:27 pm »

See next post, actually, so it's at the top of a page.
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 30