Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 30

Author Topic: Kill Webadict Now: Webadict Edition - Game Over  (Read 42990 times)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Kill Webadict Now: Webadict Edition - Day 0
« Reply #180 on: December 19, 2011, 11:05:28 pm »

I am an Assassin. I must kill [Town] while alive and kill the Webadict. I have a bullet with the usual conditions, and can redirect a non-Webadict. I become town if my target dies.

...Wait.  *You* must kill Town, or Town must be killed?  That's not the same as standard assassin.

I have bullets like everyone else, I am a lyncher who needs to lynch [Town] (unknown target, Webadict said that was a hint), and need to kill the Webadict, like everyone else.

If Town dies in the night, what happens to your wincon?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: December 19, 2011, 11:06:29 pm »

Hi post

Well, in theory, if we lynch Town, you then gain the town wincon.  You're still probably at odds with the Mafioso, though...
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: December 19, 2011, 11:31:47 pm »

I am an Assassin. I must kill [Town] while alive and kill the Webadict. I have a bullet with the usual conditions, and can redirect a non-Webadict. I become town if my target dies.

...Wait.  *You* must kill Town, or Town must be killed?  That's not the same as standard assassin.
Under wincon, "Kill Town." I assume that means I have to do the killing, but I don't know for certain.

Also, "Kill Webadict" is listed the same way, which either means that "kill" really means "they die at some point for some reason," or that lynching the Webadict fulfills no one's wincon and actually prevents everyone's wincon, meaning all the Webadict needed to do to win was get lynched.

I'm honestly not sure which one seems more likely. Vector, are you unlynchable? Does your wincon say anything about being alive?
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: December 19, 2011, 11:34:01 pm »

Editpost: Oh, yeah. Incidentally, it says I become a Townie if my target "dies," not "is killed" or "when you kill" or anything.

Also, Townie is capitalized, which makes me wonder if it's referring to the alignment, role, or both. That shouldn't matter too much either way, but it might be worth mentioning.
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: December 19, 2011, 11:34:50 pm »

* Toaster checks his role PM

Mine says that too for the Webadict.  Sounds like a good thing to clarify (via PM.  More likely to get a real answer that way.)

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: December 20, 2011, 12:14:55 am »

I don't see how getting everyone to work together is possible unless Vector has some convenient "Everyone wins" button.

I really don't see that being the case because:

I have a condition that someone must die each day or I will die at the beginning of the next day, which is why I'm quite insistent that we figure out the plan today, in order to find out who has to die so that everyone else can cleanly win.

* Toaster checks his role PM

Mine says that too for the Webadict.  Sounds like a good thing to clarify (via PM.  More likely to get a real answer that way.)

Mine too.

I also don't see how we can work together if we have to kill the Webadict individually. I don't think the Webadict dying is sufficient condition for a win.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Orangebottle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: December 20, 2011, 12:35:58 am »

I volunteer to be lynched today. If Vector(The Webadict) dies today, someone else might become him. Wasn't there a thing in the first game where the first person who unvoted became Webadict? There could be a similar thing this game.
My Sig
Quote from: The Binder of Shame: RPGnet Rants
"We're in his toilet. We're in Cthulhu's toilet."

""Hey! No breaking character while breaking character"

Urist_McArathos

• Bay Watcher
  • Nobody enjoys a good laugh more than I do.
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: December 20, 2011, 01:13:19 am »

I'll put together a post listing everyone's claimed roles and wincons thus far once I get home from work tomorrow, assuming no one else beats me to it.

I'd really like to put off lynching you, OB, until we've sorted this out.  After all, if we need to lynch you last or something, or give you my robot so you can shoot Vector after you've been lynched (so you can both kill her and win, for example), that's the kind of thing we need to figure out first.

Extend so we can figure it out.
Current Community/Story Projects:
On the Nature of Dwarves

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: December 20, 2011, 01:47:12 am »

Oh lawd sorry

Extend

Skyrim is the death of time. I'll post some time tonight. Doing other stuff at this second.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: December 20, 2011, 02:40:20 am »

Extend.

I also don't see how we can work together if we have to kill the Webadict individually. I don't think the Webadict dying is sufficient condition for a win.
So what sort of game do you think this is?

Also, webs specifically said the Webadict would have a harder time winning than the rest of us. While it's certainly possible he meant "there can be only one, and the Webadict's odds are slightly lower than the usual 1/13," I suspect it's a bit more elaborate than that.

klingon13524

• Bay Watcher
  • The Mongols are cool!
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: December 20, 2011, 03:13:39 am »

Extend

As for my role:

derpderp
« Last Edit: December 20, 2011, 04:45:16 am by klingon13524 »
By creating a gobstopper that never loses its flavor he broke thermodynamics
Maybe it's parasitic. It never loses its flavor because you eventually die from having your nutrients stolen by it.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: December 20, 2011, 03:16:13 am »

Edit that out immediately so that you don't get modkilled.  You aren't permitted to quote role PMs.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: December 20, 2011, 03:16:58 am »

I didn't read it, either, I just recognized "role PM" from the first couple of sentences.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: December 20, 2011, 03:17:28 am »

Rules:
You may not PM other players.
That is all of the rules.

Or... never mind =/  Let's see.

klingon13524

• Bay Watcher
  • The Mongols are cool!
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: December 20, 2011, 04:46:11 am »

So if I want to be transparent, I have to rewrite all of that? Odd rules we have here...
By creating a gobstopper that never loses its flavor he broke thermodynamics
Maybe it's parasitic. It never loses its flavor because you eventually die from having your nutrients stolen by it.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 30