Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 30

Author Topic: Kill Webadict Now: Webadict Edition - Game Over  (Read 42992 times)

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: Kill Webadict Now: Webadict Edition - Day 0
« Reply #150 on: December 19, 2011, 06:13:28 pm »

Mod: What happens in the event of a tie?
Asking questions to the Webadict is useless.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: December 19, 2011, 06:15:29 pm »

Not good.

...webadict, are you the mod?
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: December 19, 2011, 06:31:12 pm »

Not good.

...webadict, are you the mod?
Asking questions to the Webadict is useless.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: December 19, 2011, 06:39:13 pm »

Orangebottle.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: December 19, 2011, 06:41:15 pm »

Vector, how come you've avoided answering this question?

I'm not willing to move forward until I get some concreteness on the whole WUBA and Vector being the Webadict at the same time issue.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: December 19, 2011, 07:03:46 pm »

Vector: I notice you didn't tell us any of your abilities.

Jim: I missed that question, too. I don't know what to think of that, I have a feeling that the Webadict will be killed if we kill the one he's possessing, so I don't think Webadict being the Webadict even though Vector being the Webadict is relevant.
Yeah, you're a dick, NativeForeigner.
Quit being such a dick, you dick.
Maybe if you weren't such a dick you wouldn't be such a dick.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: December 19, 2011, 07:08:08 pm »

So webadict, the Webadict, and the mod are the same things, or at least named the same.

Hm.
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Urist_McArathos

• Bay Watcher
  • Nobody enjoys a good laugh more than I do.
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: December 19, 2011, 07:10:17 pm »

I've noticed a common theme.  Doing things to the Webadict is useless: voting the webadict, asking the webadict questions, giving the webadict my robot.

Not sure what this means, but just realized it.  Doing things to The Webadict is useless, apparently.
Current Community/Story Projects:
On the Nature of Dwarves

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: December 19, 2011, 07:26:51 pm »

Sorry, I'm not avoiding it--I forgot about it.

What I get out of it is that Webadict, being the GM, will need to die in some sort of unusual way.  We are trying to kill Webadict.  There is some sort of fair puzzle to kill Webadict (as seen in pretty much all of Web's bastard mods).  And I, not being Webadict-the-GM, have an interest in killing Webadict-the-GM, at the same time as I have an interest in not dying, because I am simultaneously Webadict.  I also have limited powers appropriate to my dual existence.  There's a small intersection between knowledges, abilities, and goals that comes from partially sharing the same name.

I have a double-identity, which means that I can play for either side.  I've chosen the side of the players mostly because of how KWN:DE went (I'm a craptacular solo agent), which makes me think that I'm going to have to die to win, but that everyone's going to have something of an easier time as long as no one tries to throw a spanner in the works.

Vector: I notice you didn't tell us any of your abilities.

I have some bullets.  For now, I'll just tell you that I have more than you do, and I can use them to kill people.  I have a turret, which functions as everyone else has suggested.  I intend to use the bullets solely for my self-defense.

I have a condition that someone must die each day or I will die at the beginning of the next day, which is why I'm quite insistent that we figure out the plan today, in order to find out who has to die so that everyone else can cleanly win.

That's pretty much it.  I'm not giving out any more details, because

a. They actually aren't all that interesting, but
b. For reasons of self-preservation, I'm not going to give you specific numbers and mechanics that might permit the working of a plan to kill me prematurely.  If we're doing this together, then we're doing it together.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Orangebottle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: December 19, 2011, 07:33:25 pm »

Yeah, can we lynch OrangeBottle today? He's totally a jester.
My Sig
Quote from: The Binder of Shame: RPGnet Rants
"We're in his toilet. We're in Cthulhu's toilet."

""Hey! No breaking character while breaking character"

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: December 19, 2011, 07:52:19 pm »

If we're doing this together, then we're doing it together.
This seems contradictory to your refusal to share details, especially since you're asking for everyone else's. Are we working together and you can give us information that could possibly result in us figuring out a way to kill you, or are we not doing this together because you can't or don't trust us?

Yeah, can we lynch OrangeBottle today? He's totally a jester.
Might not be the right order, though.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: December 19, 2011, 07:58:51 pm »

What I'm specifically not telling you is the number of bullets I have.  If you can think of some reason why you need to know the specific finite number, I will tell you.

The only insurance this is is insurance against a plan to kill me in the night for the victory of some sort of individual party.  Remember, no matter what happens, if I want to win unilaterally then I have to kill all of you, on my own.  Other sides have a very different situation.  It's not just insurance for me--it's insurance for all of you against renegade action from third parties.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: December 19, 2011, 08:01:43 pm »

Alright then.

Also, it's just occurred to me that we might not have more than one townie. That would make my job (and by extension, everyone else's) easier.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: December 19, 2011, 08:11:30 pm »

Vector:  Can you be more specific on your wincon(s)?  Ideally for both sides.

What do you make of the idea that there's another serial killer out there?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: December 19, 2011, 08:13:46 pm »

a. Everyone else loses.

(I don't die, and I delude you punks somehow)

or

b. Everyone else wins.

(I die, and I help you guys out somehow)

If there's another serial killer out there, I hope he'll be willing to cooperate =/  That's pretty much all I can do, at this point.

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 30