Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 30

Author Topic: Kill Webadict Now: Webadict Edition - Game Over  (Read 43021 times)

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
Re: Kill Webadict Now: Webadict Edition - Day 0
« Reply #120 on: December 19, 2011, 12:50:42 am »

What happens if there's a tie? Is it a no-lynch like usual, do both parties get lynched, does everyone immediately die and game over, or is it something else?
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

klingon13524

• Bay Watcher
  • The Mongols are cool!
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: December 19, 2011, 01:22:09 am »

By creating a gobstopper that never loses its flavor he broke thermodynamics
Maybe it's parasitic. It never loses its flavor because you eventually die from having your nutrients stolen by it.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: December 19, 2011, 02:56:48 am »

Vector, so, what exactly are you supposed to do with a box of bullets that doesn't kill anyone else besides the Webadict?

How is that supposed to threaten us into working with you?
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

klingon13524

• Bay Watcher
  • The Mongols are cool!
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: December 19, 2011, 03:15:15 am »

He might be able to hack them or something. Still, it's doubtful he can do much to us with them.
By creating a gobstopper that never loses its flavor he broke thermodynamics
Maybe it's parasitic. It never loses its flavor because you eventually die from having your nutrients stolen by it.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: December 19, 2011, 03:24:43 am »

If I wanted your opinion about it I would have asked for yours.

No, really, you're souring the results I want to get by answering a question directed at somebody else.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Urist_McArathos

• Bay Watcher
  • Nobody enjoys a good laugh more than I do.
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: December 19, 2011, 03:28:55 am »

OB: In the interest of disclosure, I was told the same thing as you.

I don't want to vote yet, since we know now we cannot unvote and I don't feel bastardly enough to understand what is going on.

Urist A strikes a match and lights his pipe, puffing away as he looks around the room.  "Admin powers, eh?  Jolly good.  Does anyone know an admin?"  He looks around the room, to see if there is anything at all besides the computer terminal.
Current Community/Story Projects:
On the Nature of Dwarves

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: December 19, 2011, 03:50:47 pm »

Vector, so, what exactly are you supposed to do with a box of bullets that doesn't kill anyone else besides the Webadict?

How is that supposed to threaten us into working with you?

My box of bullets is here to kill you guys.  It's my self-defense mechanism.

The threat, really, is that the game seems to be designed so that all kinds of intriguing overt things are accessible... and only by me.  If you want me to cooperate, then you need to tell me your win-cons, so that I can try to engineer some kind of success for everyone here.

(Wow, this role really does make you as insufferable as Webadict =/)

He might be able to hack them or something. Still, it's doubtful he can do much to us with them.

I'm a woman.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: December 19, 2011, 04:13:49 pm »

So how do we know we can trust what you say?  (Given this is Mafia, this should be read as "Can you prove anything?")

While we're at it...

Toaster goes to the console, presses 0 to exit to the main menu, and 1 to access the Information page.

HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: December 19, 2011, 04:16:14 pm »

From the information screen, enter admin password: 4 4.

I think it might take two input numbers and multiply them, and the actual key is the product: 13. 16 in base 10 is 13 in base 13.

If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: December 19, 2011, 04:21:45 pm »

Someone who feels especially ballsy could shoot me.

I can't prove my win-con, but you should take it as a show of faith that I have already told you both of mine.  Spend a couple of minutes thinking through what I get out of my positions and decide what you're going to do about it.

Enter information menu.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

Orangebottle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: December 19, 2011, 04:37:40 pm »

The threat, really, is that the game seems to be designed so that all kinds of intriguing overt things are accessible... and only by me.  If you want me to cooperate, then you need to tell me your win-cons, so that I can try to engineer some kind of success for everyone here.
In the interest of full disclosure, then, I am a jester.
AKA, I have to kill the webadict and get lynched to win. Not one or the other. Both.
My Sig
Quote from: The Binder of Shame: RPGnet Rants
"We're in his toilet. We're in Cthulhu's toilet."

""Hey! No breaking character while breaking character"

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: December 19, 2011, 04:40:10 pm »

I believe you, Vector:
I've been informed that either I can crush all of you little maggots, or I can work together with you.
"She's the Webadict. Stop her or don't. It's your choice. Don't screw up."

Fine. I fully expect to be lynched for this, but meh, whatever. Might as well go with the full roleclaim:

I am a Mafia Ally.

I win if both of the following occur:
The Webadict dies
The Mafia win (outnumber the town)

I have a bullet which I may shoot you with at any time. Orangebottle's description applies.
I have an extra bullet which acts as a one-shot anytime kill on anyone. I can shoot the Webadict twice, in which case he dies if he has one or no bullets. Two or more still equals death for me.
I have a particularly clever disguise, and count as a part of the Mafia when I'm alive.

I have no clue who makes up the Mafia, or if there even is one, which is why I tried to turn off the Extra Wincon option.

Before voting me, bear in mind that we cannot unvote.

Orangebottle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: December 19, 2011, 04:45:03 pm »

In the interest of full disclosure, then, I am a jester.
AKA, I have to kill the webadict and get lynched to win. Not one or the other. Both.
EBWOP:
I have a bullet for Webadict, and a DISTURBING PERSONA which means anyone targeting me at night has their vote locked onto me the next day.
My Sig
Quote from: The Binder of Shame: RPGnet Rants
"We're in his toilet. We're in Cthulhu's toilet."

""Hey! No breaking character while breaking character"

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: December 19, 2011, 04:45:56 pm »

All right.

Everyone needs to do a full win-con claim, because I'm strongly, strongly suspecting that we can get all of these things together to happen simultaneously.  I've been informed that for both of my win conditions I need to "Make the right sacrifice at the right time," and I suspect that for everyone to win the game simultaneously, I'm going to have to die at the end.

Let's get this figured out.  I want to show our snarky mod that we can actually get ourselves to act together.  That's the best way to gain victory over "Webadict the person," in my humble point of view... and this is a revenge I've been hoping for for a long, long time.

Urist_McArathos

• Bay Watcher
  • Nobody enjoys a good laugh more than I do.
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: December 19, 2011, 04:52:57 pm »

I am a Watcher.  I must kill the Webadict, and survive until day 5 in order to win.  BOTH, not just one or the other.

I have a BULLET, same as OB's/UI's/etc.

I also have a ROBOT.  If I die, I live for one more day and night.  I may not vote during these extended phases and will not die, but I may shoot the Webadict.  I can give the Robot to another player.  I'm specifically told that roboting the Webadict, while stupid, is useless.
Current Community/Story Projects:
On the Nature of Dwarves
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 30