Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 30

Author Topic: Kill Webadict Now: Webadict Edition - Game Over  (Read 42985 times)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Kill Webadict Now: Webadict Edition - Day 0
« Reply #165 on: December 19, 2011, 08:16:01 pm »

Also, Pandar hasn't posted once.  Prod?

Think may be due as well.

PPE:  Everyone else loses, not dies?  That's... interesting.  (Well, not so much so that everyone so far has "Kill the Webadict" in their wincon.)   Getting everyone to will be an exercise, since goals may be contradictory.

What do you make of the game starting on D0 instead of D1?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: December 19, 2011, 08:20:28 pm »

Think and Pandar are... in the game?  I didn't know...

I'm not sure about the d0 vs. d1 distinction, but I think it's giving us time to figure out what's going on... maybe some kind of rules will be suspended, something like that.  Might know more if someone has a day-number related ability/wincon.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: December 19, 2011, 08:20:57 pm »

So... if even one person wins, your only recourse will be to ensure that everyone wins, and vice versa? What happens if one person wins and one person loses; do you die? Does the game end?
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: December 19, 2011, 08:23:10 pm »

I suspect that's how I lose, but not how anyone else loses or wins directly.  If I end up being unable to win, then it probably just turns into some sort of normal mafia game, or that's the condition for the game to end (i.e. the point at which we count days of survival, etc., etc.).
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: December 19, 2011, 08:23:37 pm »

We also need to make a list of who is expendable.

Vector:  When you say someone must die every day, does that mean a lynch, a NK, either, or both?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: December 19, 2011, 08:25:58 pm »

I wasn't told.  I think it's a death during the day, though.  So if no lynching is going to happen, then I've got to kill somebody.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: December 19, 2011, 08:31:44 pm »

Wouldn't that result in you dying instead, since everyone apparently has a bullet?
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: December 19, 2011, 08:40:36 pm »

Do the bullets work for their self-defense?  I didn't know.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: December 19, 2011, 08:41:34 pm »

Not either of mine.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: December 19, 2011, 09:04:03 pm »

Well, they don't explicitly mention anything about that, but they specifically say you can shoot the Webadict with them, not just "a target" or similar, so I sort of assumed yours worked in reverse.

Urist_McArathos

• Bay Watcher
  • Nobody enjoys a good laugh more than I do.
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: December 19, 2011, 09:16:14 pm »

The bullets appear to be a tactical thing.  If the Webadict wants to screw us all over, she (in this case) must balance day kills with protection from her night turret.  Obviously, the tactic with us would be to find a way to force her to waste bullets so we can shoot her.  The fact that we all seem to require killing Webadict to win ON TOP of our regular goals means that we have an incentive to be selfish and off her as soon as the opportunity presents itself, and that sabotaging each other's goals to ensure a solo victory is the likely outcome.  I think this is the first bastard component: we're all encouraged to screw one another over and kill the Webadict.  Wubs will probably lie, mislead, and in general be a bastard mod to help make it an entertaining misadventure.

Therefore, I'm fully in favor of cooperating with Vector.  Assuming she is telling the truth about winning if we all win, our only option to win without this turning into a brutal backstab festival is to find a way that everyone wins before she dies.  We must, MUST all full claim today to break the setup and plan a way to win together.

I think the best option, assuming the other players don't conflict with this, is to lynch Orangebottle today.  He'll win by being lynched, Vector lives to D2 because we killed someone, and we can figure out more then.  Still not voting (since we can't unvote) until the remaining full claims are posted.
Current Community/Story Projects:
On the Nature of Dwarves

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: December 19, 2011, 09:27:56 pm »

Until we know the full setup, saying something like "we should lynch the Jester first" is completely worthless.

Urist_McArathos

• Bay Watcher
  • Nobody enjoys a good laugh more than I do.
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: December 19, 2011, 09:33:36 pm »

Hence my reluctance to vote until we know the full setup.
Current Community/Story Projects:
On the Nature of Dwarves

Think0028

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: December 19, 2011, 10:55:22 pm »

I have bullets like everyone else, I am a lyncher who needs to lynch [Town] (unknown target, Webadict said that was a hint), and need to kill the Webadict, like everyone else.
If it scares people into posting, then yes.

If they end up lynched because they didn't post, oh well. Too bad for them. Maybe they should've tried posting.
Web-based Lurker Tracker for Mafia

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: December 19, 2011, 11:04:35 pm »

Hm. That probably means my "kill" means I have to redirect the SK onto my target, not just partake in their lynch or something.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 30