Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: What does my posessed dwarf want?  (Read 2346 times)

Doughnut189

• Bay Watcher
  • Tomorrow, and tomorrow, and tomorrow.
    • View Profile
What does my posessed dwarf want?
« on: December 10, 2011, 10:38:58 pm »

So one of my dwarves was posessed. I noticed that he wasn't claiming any workshops so I started building some. Then I build some more. And some more.

Now I have at least one of every workshop, excluding

A quern, a millstone, a butcher's shop, a still, a farmer's workshop, a kitchen, a fishery, an ashery, a dyer's shop, a soap maker's workshop, and a screw press.

But he won't claim anything.

What does my dwarf want?!
Imagine you're driving a car. Push the gas pedal to the floor. Close your eyes. Remain this way for ten minutes while turning the wheel at whim. This is Dwarf Fortress.
I don't mean to alarm you, but it appears that your Dwarves are all in fact elephants.

neo1096

• Bay Watcher
  • It watches and waits...
    • View Profile
Re: What does my posessed dwarf want?
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2011, 01:22:04 am »

What's his highest moodable skill?
Edit: Do you have a magma forge?
What again? Iron scepter - Lovehealing? Oh, I almost shed a tear... Put it in your ass, I'm talking about importans artistic defences!!! You see, yaks and bridge... Stop polishing that scepter! You're disgusting me!"

krenshala

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2011, 01:24:03 am »

If he is the only dwarf allowed a particular skill the required workshop won't get built.
Quote from: Haspen
Quote from: phoenixuk
Zepave Dawnhogs the Butterfly of Vales the Marsh Titan ... was taken out by a single novice axedwarf and his pet war kitten. Long Live Domas Etasastesh Adilloram, slayer of the snow butterfly!
Doesn't quite have the ring of heroics to it...
Mother: "...and after the evil snow butterfly was defeated, Domas and his kitten lived happily ever after!"
Kids: "Yaaaay!"

thegoatgod_pan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2011, 03:30:01 am »

Build a craftsworkshop, a mason's, a carpenters, a glass works, a forge, a jeweler and a clothier.  I don't think I forgot any.
More ridiculous than reindeer?  Where you think you supercool and is you things the girls where I honestly like I is then why are humans on their as my people or what would you?

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2011, 05:36:34 am »

Are they all fully constructed?

Wannazzaki

• Bay Watcher
  • [PRONE_TO_RAGE:9001][TOO_HAIRY][ADAMANTINE BEARD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2011, 05:38:22 am »

You may have a dwarf so monumentally stupid he doesn't know whether it's breakfast or arsehole time and is going to be, in time, driven mad by the spirit possessing him screaming "pillock" inside his empty head.
Son of Slaanesh, full of desire, He does cocaine and his head's on fire! DOOOOOOOOOOOOOM Rider! Doom rider! Na na, na na!

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2011, 05:42:57 am »

You may have a dwarf so monumentally stupid he doesn't know whether it's breakfast or arsehole time and is going to be, in time, driven mad by the spirit possessing him screaming "pillock" inside his empty head.

What actually goes on in the mind of a possessed dwarf? Hmm.....

Wannazzaki

• Bay Watcher
  • [PRONE_TO_RAGE:9001][TOO_HAIRY][ADAMANTINE BEARD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2011, 06:14:21 am »

What actually goes on in the mind of a possessed dwarf? Hmm.....

An argument.
Son of Slaanesh, full of desire, He does cocaine and his head's on fire! DOOOOOOOOOOOOOM Rider! Doom rider! Na na, na na!

Frelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2011, 07:03:07 am »

The curse of the democratic voices in the head:
"Hey, I want a forge!"
"But I want a mason's workshop"
"All shut up, I WANT TO CARE CARVE THINGS OUT OF BONE!!"
"Can't we get a majority somewhere here? Needed for democratic votes?"
All: "NOOO! GET OUT!"
Jeah, you really miss the guy who runs in and shoots everyone besides one, because the dwarf is to dumb to think of him....
greetz
« Last Edit: December 11, 2011, 09:55:38 am by Frelus »
It's all fun and games until someone gets hurt. Then it's Fun and Dwarf Fortress.
My trade depot is set to flood with water at the pull of a lever.  It's deep in the tunnels with easy drainage.  I call it my "water for goods" trading policy.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2011, 07:05:07 am »

"All shut up, I WANT TO CARE THINGS OUT OF BONE!!"

I love typo's.

Sutremaine

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:ATROCITY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2011, 09:04:38 am »

Is he assigned to a burrow? What's his full skill list?
I am trying to make chickens lay bees as eggs. So far it only produces a single "Tame Small Creature" when a hen lays bees.
Honestly at the time, I didn't see what could go wrong with crowding 80 military Dwarves into a small room with a necromancer for the purpose of making bacon.

Frelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2011, 09:56:57 am »

"All shut up, I WANT TO CARE THINGS OUT OF BONE!!"

I love typo's.

OH SHI--
You have a point, I enjoy them, too.

Maybe you built a workshop unaccessable, there are squares in some workshop that cannot be passed, it is the dark green pnes when you build them.
greetz
It's all fun and games until someone gets hurt. Then it's Fun and Dwarf Fortress.
My trade depot is set to flood with water at the pull of a lever.  It's deep in the tunnels with easy drainage.  I call it my "water for goods" trading policy.

Tharwen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 11, 2011, 10:16:53 am »

Check for burrows! Check that there's a path to the workshops! Check that he's not supposed to be building the workshops himself!
[Signature]

Hateweaver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 11, 2011, 12:15:26 pm »

Build a craftsworkshop, a mason's, a carpenters, a glass works, a forge, a jeweler and a clothier.  I don't think I forgot any.

Bowyer's workshop

Doughnut189

• Bay Watcher
  • Tomorrow, and tomorrow, and tomorrow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 12, 2011, 07:14:03 pm »

Bowyer's workshop

I had all those.

I had every workshop aside from magma forges and the ones I mentioned in my first post.

They were all built.

He didn't claim any.

At the time, there were no burrows active.
Imagine you're driving a car. Push the gas pedal to the floor. Close your eyes. Remain this way for ten minutes while turning the wheel at whim. This is Dwarf Fortress.
I don't mean to alarm you, but it appears that your Dwarves are all in fact elephants.
Pages: [1] 2