Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 27

Author Topic: Tribes:Ascend - Free to play FPS with ludicrous speed  (Read 36251 times)

Nilocy

• Bay Watcher
  • Queen of a Community.
    • View Profile
Re: Tribes:Ascend Beta
« Reply #90 on: December 11, 2011, 11:37:45 pm »

Tbf, if you're worried about carpal tunnel syndrome, why're you playing twitch-based FPS games? This game is a nightmare for that with the spacebar having to be pressed and jetpacking with the right mouse button.

And the games support 16v16

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: December 11, 2011, 11:44:22 pm »

Neyvn, The spinfuser might have splash damage but it also has: A, one shot. B, A long reload time.

Seriously, if you get hit twice by a guy you are chasing you suck anyway.

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: December 11, 2011, 11:52:41 pm »

Was I supposed to get more than an email telling me thanks for applying to the Beta?
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: December 11, 2011, 11:59:48 pm »

Neyvn, The spinfuser might have splash damage but it also has: A, one shot. B, A long reload time.

Seriously, if you get hit twice by a guy you are chasing you suck anyway.
Heh, yeah I am not saying I am pro, but mate, the fact that I can't hit him is what I am having problems with, get the right thought pattern please...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: December 12, 2011, 12:02:22 am »

You just said it.

Your not 'pro' (read not good)

And you are complaining that you can not hit someone.

Also complaining that a non combat class is not as good as the other classes at combat.

I mean. Really. Really. I am not trying to be a asshole or look down on you, but I am having a hard time taking you seriously.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: December 12, 2011, 12:12:22 am »

You just said it.

Also complaining that a non combat class is not as good as the other classes at combat.

I mean. Really. Really. I am not trying to be a asshole or look down on you, but I am having a hard time taking you seriously.
Look what I am saying is go try and fight a Spinfuser with a Rifle, see how many times you can hit him when he is focused on you, then come back and tell me that its just my lack of skill. Better yet go Tech, see if you can kill someone one on one while chasing them down...

EDIT:: Look if I was complaining that I couldn't hit anyone with a Spinfuser, then yes, Its fully my lack of skill. But like I said, go use a rifle...
« Last Edit: December 12, 2011, 12:14:00 am by Neyvn »
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?

Crustypeanut

• Bay Watcher
  • Ph.Dwarf & Practitioner of ‼MEDICINE‼
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: December 12, 2011, 12:15:03 am »

We here at Dwarf Fortress are more of strategy gamers than FPS gamers.. so I can see why many of us have problems with not being able to hit moving targets in these games :P

I'm more of a spray'n'prayer myself.. so I have a feeling I'm gonna have a hard time hitting people.
Specialsurprise - a Tale of ‼Medicine‼ and ‼Science‼ !

Nilocy

• Bay Watcher
  • Queen of a Community.
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: December 12, 2011, 12:15:39 am »

You just said it.

Look what I am saying is go try and fight a Spinfuser with a Rifle, see how many times you can hit him when he is focused on you, then come back and tell me that its just my lack of skill. Better yet go Tech, see if you can kill someone one on one while chasing them down...

EDIT:: Look if I was complaining that I couldn't hit anyone with a Spinfuser, then yes, Its fully my lack of skill. But like I said, go use a rifle...

Two problems, one: rifle is a secondary weapon, and second: tech isnt suppoesed to kill shit.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: December 12, 2011, 12:19:10 am »

You just said it.

Two problems, one: rifle is a secondary weapon, and second: tech isnt suppoesed to kill shit.
Two problems. 1: Rifles is Techs Primary weapon, Secondary is a apparently "better" Repair Gun. 2: If Tech isn't spos to kill anything, why is he in the game.

Paul

• Bay Watcher
  • Polite discourse with a dash of insanity.
    • View Profile
    • Need an affordable website? I can help.
« Reply #99 on: December 12, 2011, 12:28:46 am »

Actually, the assault rifle is the primary weapon for the ranger.

I've gotten lots of assault rifle kills, but not purely from them. I use them to finish targets off when they're heavily wounded and trying to fly away, when the secondary weapon would be nearly impossible to hit with. Usually two hits with the secondary weapon either kills them or makes them very very close to death, then a couple tags with the assault rifle finishes them off. Even up close firing an assault rifle into someone doesn't kill them very fast unless you're hitting them in the head.
Do you like Science Fiction? I'm writing the Weaveborn Saga over on Royal Road and my website. Link

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: December 12, 2011, 12:44:42 am »

Actually, the assault rifle is the primary weapon for the ranger.

I've gotten lots of assault rifle kills, but not purely from them. I use them to finish targets off when they're heavily wounded and trying to fly away, when the secondary weapon would be nearly impossible to hit with. Usually two hits with the secondary weapon either kills them or makes them very very close to death, then a couple tags with the assault rifle finishes them off. Even up close firing an assault rifle into someone doesn't kill them very fast unless you're hitting them in the head.
Thats the thing, nearly every class has a weapon that can do that. Well of the ones that I have played. A weapon that does explosion damage even if you miss and a Secondary (or Rangers case A primary) weapon to finish them off. Meanwhile the Tech has the SMG and thats it...

Microcline

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: December 12, 2011, 12:48:13 am »

I'll probably join in a week or two.

I don't really like the idea of linear character progression, but everything else I've seen looks great.

Paul

• Bay Watcher
  • Polite discourse with a dash of insanity.
    • View Profile
    • Need an affordable website? I can help.
« Reply #102 on: December 12, 2011, 12:53:39 am »

The tech has the turret for that :)

I've seen a lot of people playing tech. If it sucked so much I wouldn't see so many play it. I've been killed by techs who were hiding out by their turret, the turret can really soften someone up for the SMG kill, most techs I see will try to lead people to their turret or deploy it on people. The class is a good defensive class to guard the flag.

I've also been killing techs and had them throw a turret down and die to it before I could kill it, if you get a turret thrown down beside you it can tear you up before you kill it. If you aren't full life you won't have time for both shots to kill it, and even if you do you'll be injured badly. Many a time I've killed a tech only to die to the turret that they placed during the fight afterward.

It's not a good class if you're on a team that won't guard the generator though, especially if you have a bunch of stealthers detonating it constantly.
Do you like Science Fiction? I'm writing the Weaveborn Saga over on Royal Road and my website. Link

Crustypeanut

• Bay Watcher
  • Ph.Dwarf & Practitioner of ‼MEDICINE‼
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: December 12, 2011, 01:48:05 am »

Holy crap do I suck at this game.. I'd have an easier time at wrestling a fully grown dragon with a dozen unskilled dwarves than trying to hit anyone in this game.  O.o

/can't lead the target when the target is moving at 110 km/h
Specialsurprise - a Tale of ‼Medicine‼ and ‼Science‼ !

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: December 12, 2011, 01:50:58 am »

God damn it, the game keeps crashing on me and forces me to restart my whole PC to even use it again...!!! FUCK...
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 27