Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: Omens: A Seer's Life.  (Read 6656 times)

Qloos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Omens: A Seer's Life.
« Reply #30 on: December 12, 2011, 08:56:58 pm »

[...] Not him thats for sure, not without a a tounge. [...]

lol

But in all seriousness, as the story manager I shall remain neutral on this issue.

Monkeyfacedprickleback

• Bay Watcher
  • Sweet flaming monkey fire WHY are they doing that?
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 12, 2011, 09:20:00 pm »

Violence is not the universal answer to all problems. He's gagged anyway, and if you think you can just go and cut someone's tongue off without any consequences, you're crazy.

You're just not prepared to use enough of it.
Seriously though, i'd normally agree with the whole don't resort to excesses but extreme times call for extreme measures. If you're not prepared to resort to extremes in these kind of situations you'll fall short and your caution will cause more misfortune.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 12, 2011, 09:25:47 pm »

So what happens when you cut his tongue off?

He may very well die for a completely unnecessary purpose, seeing as he already has a gag and we're almost there.
Either way, we are taken down and arrested or stabbed to death by crazy daggerlfriend.
If not, he is mute for an unnecessary purpose. Congrats.

Monkeyfacedprickleback

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 12, 2011, 09:31:46 pm »

Fine, Wait untill you get into your house, talk it over with crazy dagger girlfriend as a possible solution and if she agrees then Cut his tounge out. Really you guys if you don't like my idea come up with a better solution rather then attacking mine. So Easy to Condemn, so Hard to Create to quote mr simpson.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 12, 2011, 09:35:28 pm »

And besides, it would make a terrible mess. Also, while reading entrails is proper traditional divination, Causing a dead tongue of prophecy to speak the future has definite necromantic leanings, and is likely to attract insects and fungus for some time after the event. Now that may be okay for mystic hermits, you are a solitary oracle and won't have anything to do with it, unless you get REALLY bored...

Oh, right, witness yourself being murdered and then wake up from the vision of things past...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 12, 2011, 09:38:10 pm »

You won't need to cut his tongue off once you get there -.- Just keep him gagged until you get there.

Monkeyfacedprickleback

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 12, 2011, 09:47:04 pm »

The unavoidable destiny will allways come about as long as he is capable of speaking. Since he keeps saying curse triggers regardless of his fore-knowledge. To solve this you have to permantly stop him from speaking. It's the only solution. I don't think Dagger girlfriend is going to be very happy if we fail to save this moron. I think she'd prefer a living mute boyfriend rather then a completely intact corpse.
A sacrifice is going to be neccessary to save this idiot.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2011, 09:49:24 pm by Monkeyfacedprickleback »

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 12, 2011, 09:54:41 pm »

To be serious, I'd rather not have this sudddenly end with death by daggerlfriend stabbing or arrest.

Monkeyfacedprickleback

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 12, 2011, 09:56:44 pm »

Out of curiosity whats your long term solution to this then? Pray for Deus Ex Machina? I come up with a nice simple solution and you start tearing into it with little things like moral and ethics an legal repercussions.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2011, 09:59:26 pm by Monkeyfacedprickleback »

Qloos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 12, 2011, 09:59:11 pm »

Although the discussion is encouraged, as soon as I feel that is boiling down to personal attacks: I'll lock the thread.  But hey, atleast no one's recommended we burn off everyones faces so Derek can't say 'please dont look at me like that' so kudos on everyones strong sense of morality on that issue.  Good on you. 

(Also, character emotion and interaction is an integral part of story telling, so morals and ethics is a viable choice in this tale.  Although I do agree, cutting off his tongue is pretty bullet proof.)
« Last Edit: December 12, 2011, 10:37:56 pm by Qloos »

Monkeyfacedprickleback

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 12, 2011, 10:02:12 pm »

I'm not trying to attack him it's just they made their veto clear and I'd prefer it if rather then pointing out why my idea is bad, if they would come up with a better idea. so far it's all been little unimportant things like "he'll die" or "You'll get arrested" or "YOU MONSTER!". It's like med school all over again.

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 12, 2011, 10:06:38 pm »

"...we each play out the parts fate has written for us. Free will is an illusion"~Kain.

This is my stance, no matter what we do, he will die.
When we approach him with a knife, he'll say it. There is no way to cut out his tongue.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2011, 10:08:54 pm by filiusenox »
"No, I'm being obstinate for the sake of I hate you."

Qloos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 12, 2011, 10:08:54 pm »

I have complete competence in everyones maturity, I'm just stating my limit to how far I'll let discussion proceed.

Morality & Public Opinion vs Practical Results.
The issue has polarized and there is no clear right answer.

Hmm, I think I've thought of a name for the next chapter.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 12, 2011, 10:15:04 pm »

I never said "YOU MONSTER!". Pleae do not put words into my tongue. I'm tearing into your plan because I feel it is a bad one. "He'll die." Is not in any way minor, neither is being arrested for assault.

And filiusenox puts forward a good point. He'll say "Please don't kill me" if we threaten him with a weapon.

He isn't forced to say it, and the only way he'll say it is if he's threatened.
Also Qloos, I'm not for Public Opinion and Morality. I'm for "Practical results and not failing epically."

Qloos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 12, 2011, 10:16:20 pm »

Practical Results vs Practical Results.
The issue has polarized and there is no clear right answer?
« Last Edit: December 12, 2011, 10:32:23 pm by Qloos »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5