Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: You are in a Pokemon Mafia. Turn 2: The Intro Mission  (Read 4039 times)

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
You are in a Pokemon Mafia. Turn 2: The Intro Mission
« on: December 10, 2011, 10:18:49 am »

You are in a Pokemon Mafia.

Hello everyone! Due to the overwhelming joy I gained from running "You are in a crypt" for a short while, I've decided to do a slightly more fleshed-out continuation.

As anyone who read the previous game may have noticed, there was indeed a small ruleset that governed it, albeit one that got bent quite a bit! Instead of hiding it from the players, I will present it in full below:

Spoiler: The Ruleset (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: The Setting (click to show/hide)

Sign-up sheet is below:

Name:
Color:
Secondary Color:

I'm taking only FOUR SIGN-UPS right now. First four people to complete their tiny character sheet and post it will be in.

I'll have you all write a bio once settings and characters have been determined.

Additionally, the people signing up must vote on a color that will determine the setting!

Setting Color:

It will probably be something from a video game, but then again, maybe not! If a color doesn't have two or more votes among the people who actually got into the game, I will pick one of the colors that have been voted.

Setting already decided! I think it'll be an entertaining one.

Player list:
Spoiler: Wymar Sane (Darvi) (click to show/hide)

Waiting list:
-ss4mario
-Ultimuh
-
-
« Last Edit: December 12, 2011, 02:12:43 pm by freeformschooler »

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
Re: You are in a something. SIGN UPS!
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2011, 10:20:18 am »

Name: Wymar Sane
Colour: Black
Sec colour: Teal

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2011, 10:21:21 am »

Don't forget to vote on a setting color.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2011, 10:23:44 am »

Name: Hooloovoo
Color:blue
Secondary color:octarine

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2011, 10:24:47 am »

Name: Jean-Luc Dragonlord
Color: Crimson
Secondary Color: Mustard

EDIT: I'll vote for Crimson, but Black is a back-up vote if a tie-breaker is needed.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2011, 10:26:43 am by The Fool »

Steam ID: The Fool [B12]
A Flexible Mind (Suggestion Game)

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2011, 10:25:05 am »

Name: Hooloovoo
Color:blue
Secondary color:octarine

Name: Jean-Luc Dragonlord
Color: Crimson
Secondary Color: Mustard

Don't forget to vote on a setting color.

UltraValican

• Bay Watcher
  • The Man aiming to be a Man!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2011, 10:25:13 am »

Name: Resputan Divulges
Color("MERICA SPELLING YA GITS):Red
Sec Color:Purple
Setting Color:Black
Would you rather be an Ant in Heaven or a Man in Hell?

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2011, 10:26:09 am »

AAAAND SIGN UPS ARE CLOSED! I'll wait for the rest of ya' to vote on a setting color before starting.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You are in a something. SIGN UPS CLOSED!
« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2011, 10:29:47 am »

Setting colour: Yellow because that's what P4 has.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2011, 10:32:55 am »

Setting color: Octarine.

cerapa

• Bay Watcher
  • It wont bite....unless you are the sun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2011, 10:39:49 am »

Sweet. Not gonna join though. Personally I didnt even have any rolls. Ever.

Is this gonna keep the sillyness and whatever traces of canon our stuff had going?

Tick, tick, tick the time goes by,
tick, tick, tick the clock blows up.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 10, 2011, 10:49:25 am »

Alright, so the setting is either BLACK if I decide to use the fool's tiebreaker or YELLOW if I do not. YELLOW would have a setting about POKEMON TRAINERS, whereas BLACK would have been a setting about A DARK AND GRITTY MAFIA-RUN CITY. So, as a compromise, this game is now about the POKEMON MAFIA.

Sweet. Not gonna join though. Personally I didnt even have any rolls. Ever.

Is this gonna keep the sillyness and whatever traces of canon our stuff had going?

Probably not. I mean, I'm sure there will be some silly points, but due to the setting it will be serious in tone.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
Re: You are in a Pokemon Mafia. SIGN UPS CLOSED, first turn incoming!
« Reply #12 on: December 10, 2011, 10:55:06 am »

Pokemon mafia...
Serious...
Your bluff roll doesn't work on me . There's no way a pokemon mafia game can be serious. But I think the fourth wall will live to see this one.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You are in a Pokemon Mafia. SIGN UPS CLOSED, first turn incoming!
« Reply #13 on: December 10, 2011, 11:14:12 am »

But I think the fourth wall will live to see this one.
AHAHAHAHAHAHA not with me around.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
You are in a Pokemon Mafia. Turn 1: The Meeting
« Reply #14 on: December 10, 2011, 11:55:11 am »

Turn 1

Somewhere below Ebony City...

"Hmph. Special Ops team can't get anything done."

A man crumpled his cigarette and throws it on the floor in disgust. Before him, a large array of screens provided the only light in a large, dark room. The man, Edward Von Ebony, fell back into his seat, causing it to roll the length of a few steps backwards. His plan to capture the legendary bird the hovers once a year over the Ebony City Pokemon League had fallen on incompetent plans.

But no matter. That was just one plan of many. There will always be another tournament. As soon as the Special Ops got back, he was going to fire them so hard they would turn to ash. Luckily, replacements were coming in. Perhaps one or two of them would be smart, or agile, or strong.

Wymar Sane walked in first. Well, it wasn't so much walking as being kicked. After his knees hit the floor, he attempted to cough, but couldn't. The large man in full Team Psyche attire behind him stripped the duct tape from his mouth. He gasped for air. It wasn't necessary to keep him from talking, of course, or to even rough him up at all, but that was procedure. Wymar had volunteered for this position himself. He probably didn't know what he was getting into. Regardless, he stood up and looked Edward in the eyes while feeling his belt for the only Pokeball they let him keep.

Without a burly guard "assisting" her, Miss Hooloovoo, one of the city's most renown personalities and Pokemon breeders, walked in through the same darkened doorway, her blue heels making a sharp click sound with each step. Unlike Wymar, she knew exactly what she was getting into. Edward raised an eyebrow at her, as she had clearly stolen - and was wearing - a Team Psyche shirt, complete with a large blue "P" in the center. Edward already knew she would make an excellent operative for subterfuge missions.

Jean-Luc Dragonlord walked in, weary from the trip. Her eyelids had been heavy since the day she quit the Scarlet Town gym. She had shot her guard a nasty, intimidating look earlier, causing him to abstain from so much as touching her. Jean-Luc was not interested in stealing Pokemon or popping a trainer's bottlecap or whatever it is they were doing here. She just needed the money. Edward shot her a curious glance. It was impossible to tell if she was incompetent or not. Perhaps she was highly competent and capable of anything, yet merely acting apathetic.

Resputan Divulges fell face-first on the ground behind the rest of them. He had no qualms with being tied up in duct tape so long as it would get him started faster. He couldn't wait to be a part of Team Psyche, so even as he picked his bruised face up from the ground, it was clear he was wearing a wicked grin through the duct tape. His guard removed it, and he was indeed grinning. His life had only just begun.

Edward stood up and paced around in front of the new recruits a few times. He lit another cigarette, but his expression became solemn and he threw it on the ground, crushing it with his foot. He spat in front of Jean-Luc once for good measure, then began to speak.

"Well, well, well," he said, pacing a few more steps. "Well, well, well..."

Wymar was about to speak when his guard kicked him in the back (but not hard). Ms. Hoovooloo shifted on her feet, acting nonchalant.

"I guess I've gotta give you a formal greeting, hm?" Edward stopped pacing. "Welcome, new recruits of the Team Psyche Special Ops division. I assume you're all here today by your own volition. If not, I apologize. But there's no turning back now."

Resputin was visibly shaking. Jean-Luc stared daggers at him, disgusted at his excitement.

"You probably are aware what you're getting into. If not, I'll go over it in a few minutes," Edward looked around the room, then raised his head back. "Before then, why don't you tell me a little about yourself? How old are you? What are you here for? And what was the one Pokemon they let you keep?"

Spoiler: Wymar Sane (Darvi) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: OOC (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 12, 2011, 02:12:01 pm by freeformschooler »
Pages: [1] 2 3