Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: This was wicked cool! Why did it happen?  (Read 1775 times)

Nan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: This was wicked cool! Why did it happen?
« Reply #15 on: December 10, 2011, 03:33:31 pm »

I've been weaponizing miners lately. The first thing I've been doing is embarking my miners as Fighters/Dodgers and training them in mining in dirt. This means once they are legendary, not only do they have kickass weapon skill, they also have some other combat skills to go with it. I'm not sure if another skill might be more useful than "Fighter", if I was planning to conscript them I'd probably go with shield user, but that does no good to a normal miner stumbling across some beast.

The other thing I've been doing, is finding recruits with high combat skills but no weapon skill at all. The other day I found a recruit who I think was talented in skills like Dodger, armor user, biting and stuff - but had no weapon skill. A moody dwarf had forged an artifact steel pick, so I took that recruit and made him a legendary miner, and armed him with the artifact pick. Instant badass. The artifact pick was just luck, but I was going to do this anyway, the reason being, not having a weapon skill is a big handicap for a military dwarf and all their other skills basically go to waste, the worst thing is, they spend their time training the other militia their high level skills like biter or kicker, which delays them learning how to use a weapon even longer.
Pages: 1 [2]