Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: Gods and Mortals- Game test! Turn 2 done. Get on the waiting list for gods!  (Read 2955 times)

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile

Read Ye Spoiler First!
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

When the game starts, three gods and three mortals are chosen to enter the world. The world starts as an empty void, and all of the characters are formless souls. But the gods can do something about that. I'll give you some "free" attributes to start you off: Space, Time, and Matter all exist as we know them.

The gods' goal is to be the last god standing; to destroy the other two gods. A god can, each turn, take one action to change anything including and especially game rules. Gods cannot directly affect other gods ("I make the other god no longer exist!") or control mortal wills, but anything else goes. For example, you might want to make a way for gods to be killed. So you say, "Each god must have a physical form of an animal, and they are killed if it dies." You still couldn't attack the other god's physical form though. You could also say "Each god is given a tribe of mortal worshipers, and if nobody worships the god they cease to exist." or "If any god player uses the letter M in a foru* post in any part of the Bay 12 foru*s fro* now on, they cease to exist!" You can also create planets, civilizations, and so on. A smart thing to do would be to give the mortals human (or other) bodies so that they can fight the other gods. You could also leave the mortals as 'demi gods' and give them command of NPCs, or the elements. While you're at it make some fighting rules- you could make the players roll to win combat, or have a poetry contest (I will do all rolls/judging/etc). Or you could make it so Space isn't a thing any more, just to shake it up. Or strike a mortal with lightning- or protect them from being struck by lightning (see Mortal section). Just remember anything that affects gods must affect you all equally.

The mortals' goal is to be left standing at all. Mortals, however, are the only ones who can harm gods... expect the gods to entice -or coerce!- you into doing their bidding, because it's their only way to fight.  At the start of the game, mortals have no physical forms or powers, and so do nothing on the first turn. They will play with the rules and world(s) the gods create, as they emerge. Mortals may choose to worship a god. If they do so, they may not be directly affected (ie struck by lightning) by the gods they aren't worshiping. However, things that affect all the mortals, or the world, can still threaten them- rules like "All mortals are now ferrets." or "I create an angry dragon to kill the other gods' worshipers." Once a mortal becomes D-E-A-D dead for sure, they are replaced by the next mortal player in the waiting list. If circumstances cause a mortal to be 'mostly dead' they will be available for resurrection for a turn or two.

It is now turn zero. Sign up to be a god or a mortal- the mortals will probably play less, but the waiting list for them will move faster. Gods, declare your first actions when you say you join. No need to make character profiles; remember, you're just consciousnesses right now.

Like I said, I'll be changing the rules- I'll list any changes here.

Player list:

Waiting list:
« Last Edit: December 08, 2011, 06:49:43 pm by Sensei »
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

yamgrenade

• Bay Watcher
  • Cancels task: Is a Dumba**
    • View Profile
Re: Gods and Mortals- Game test! Sign up!
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2011, 05:17:43 pm »

Can I be a GOD?!

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2011, 05:19:52 pm »

God.

All gods that have a post count less than 1000 must turn into chickens
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

ansontan2000

• Bay Watcher
  • I am a Poro. Fear me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2011, 05:23:17 pm »

OH WTF? Ok then, mortal. Micelus, halp me!
When a soldier makes a mistake, one man dies.
When a captain makes a mistake, a dozen men die.
When a commander makes a mistake, a thousand men die.
When an emperor makes a mistake, well, there is a game save for retry.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2011, 05:26:02 pm »

God.

All gods that have a post count less than 1000 must turn into chickens
I hope you don't see it as raining on your parade, but I'm going to say that all rules affecting players can't 'qualify' them for it with previous factors- for example, "The gods with less posts than me cease to exist." or "Any gods who have names starting with 'Yamgrena' cease to exist."

Anyway, both of you can post god actions for your first turn.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!

yamgrenade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2011, 05:36:22 pm »

My first god action: Each God Must have an artifact associated with them. If a mortal obtains this object, the God must obey the mortal. If the artifact is destroyed, the god is destroyed.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2011, 05:38:45 pm »

Fine?..Each god must have an avatar lest they be turned into chickens.

My avatar is ant. Just a normal ant...

As for artifact, then a boulder the size of Australia.

Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

EveryZig

• Bay Watcher
  • Adequate Liar
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2011, 05:43:42 pm »

God.
My artifact is a also my avatar: a large bronze chicken-shaped golem with a laser eye
I love non-specific rules. >:D

My action is that any god can be destroyed (and therefore disqualified for 'last god standing') by contact with a chair. (To count, the chair must be constructed by a mortal with the intent of creating a chair, and declared as such at creation.)
Soaplent green is goblins!

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2011, 05:44:38 pm »

Are we to assume that if avatar is destroyed, so is the god? Or are they just tools?

God slots are filled, two mortals left.

yamgrenade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2011, 05:45:06 pm »

My avatar IS A CHICKEN.

I defy your filthy logic.

My artifact is a golden chicken. All craftgodship is of the highest quality. It is encrusted with unobtanium, slade, and invisible shit.

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2011, 05:45:23 pm »

I wish to be a mortal, but how do I determine my role? Will I be a ruler? An adventurer? A traveler? What I'm really asking is what are my limitations?

EDIT: No one saw this.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2011, 05:50:23 pm by The Fool »

Steam ID: The Fool [B12]
A Flexible Mind (Suggestion Game)

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2011, 05:49:27 pm »

For the first -or at this unlucky rate, first couple of turns, just sit back and relax. Right now you're a formless entity... until the gods decide you are a man, or a monster, or an alien, or a lesser god- and then the bargaining starts.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 08, 2011, 05:56:46 pm »

Is The Fool playing or what?
Turn 1

Gods:
Yamgrenade: Artifact, Golden chicken; Avatar, ungolden chicken
Micelus: Artifact, continental mass of rock; Avatar, ant
EveryZig: Artifactual Avatar: Minotaur Golem

Current rules:

Mortals:
ansontan2000 worships Micelus
The Fool worships Yamgrenade(?)
One mortal slot is open.

The turns should get a lot more narrative after we establish reality some more, so if this looks sparse, don't worry.

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 08, 2011, 05:59:03 pm »

I thought you couldn't worship a god before existing. I was wrong. :P

Steam ID: The Fool [B12]
A Flexible Mind (Suggestion Game)

yamgrenade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Gods and Mortals- Game test! Turn 1 done, still room for Mortals to join!
« Reply #14 on: December 08, 2011, 06:01:11 pm »

I thought you couldn't worship a god before existing. I was wrong. :P

It's more like the idea of you worships the idea of me :D
Pages: [1] 2 3 4