Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9

Author Topic: I just had my first !SCIENCE moment. *SPOILERS* (and clown cannons)  (Read 9744 times)

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
Re: I just had my first !SCIENCE moment.
« Reply #30 on: December 07, 2011, 04:24:29 pm »

...Hello 28 Urists later!

Archereon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 07, 2011, 04:27:31 pm »

^ Someone should do that in the next Battlefailed. I think that would top the failever:

Failever II: Pull to release a horde of zombies consisting of every annoying migrant, noble, goblin, kobold, ect into the middle of the fortress. Do not pull.
I want to tell you they were bad men, cephalo.  I want to tell you that with a better overseer the Fortress never would've gotten so bad someone would get offed in a pointless fisticuffs.
But the sad truth charlie?
It was inevitable.

tommy521

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 07, 2011, 04:30:35 pm »

^ Someone should do that in the next Battlefailed. I think that would top the failever:

Failever II: Pull to release a horde of zombies consisting of every annoying migrant, noble, goblin, kobold, ect into the middle of the fortress. Do not pull.

Imagine how amazing it would be to make that lever also control the main entrance to the fort... LOCK-DOWN! *sirens blaring and the main gate closing, dwarves getting crushed by drawbridges and doors, getting eaten by zombies, drowning and melting* It would be beautiful!

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #33 on: December 07, 2011, 04:31:35 pm »

Imagine how amazing it would be to make that lever also control the main entrance to the fort... LOCK-DOWN! *sirens blaring and the main gate closing, dwarves getting crushed by drawbridges and doors, getting eaten by zombies, drowning and melting* It would be beautiful!

Have any of you guys seen the movie doomsday? :P

Archereon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 07, 2011, 04:35:00 pm »

For extra dwarfiness, the level should be right next to the horrendously overworked miserable sweat shop district of whatever fort succeeds Hellcannon. What could possibly go wrong?  :)
I want to tell you they were bad men, cephalo.  I want to tell you that with a better overseer the Fortress never would've gotten so bad someone would get offed in a pointless fisticuffs.
It was inevitable.

Archereon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 07, 2011, 04:50:29 pm »

Someone should go suggest that in one of the battlefailed threads.
It was inevitable.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #36 on: December 07, 2011, 05:43:29 pm »

In truth and honesty, I've never once entered the thread that is battlefailed.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 07, 2011, 05:58:48 pm »

Okay, now I'm getting a bit suspicious. Something bad's going to happen isn't it? I may be a noob, but I know what FUN means around here.
No, go ahead, I won't spoil the *SPOILERS* that await you and will probably *SPOILER BUT YOU SHOULD BE ABLE TO GUESS* your fortress with ease.

Alright, try to keep us posted if ya wouldn't mind. I've never handled zombies personally as my embarks in any biomes with them tend to end rather quickly.
You get destroyed by zombies? Lucky. I could get zombie dragons and my dwarves would punch them to poofing.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #38 on: December 07, 2011, 06:22:34 pm »

Okay, now I'm getting a bit suspicious. Something bad's going to happen isn't it? I may be a noob, but I know what FUN means around here.
No, go ahead, I won't spoil the *SPOILERS* that await you and will probably *SPOILER BUT YOU SHOULD BE ABLE TO GUESS* your fortress with ease.

Alright, try to keep us posted if ya wouldn't mind. I've never handled zombies personally as my embarks in any biomes with them tend to end rather quickly.
You get destroyed by zombies? Lucky. I could get zombie dragons and my dwarves would punch them to poofing.

What Great Wyrm means is, be prepared when you try to take the sword/scourge/axe/spoon or whatever's in the slade structure full of undead, as the Great Toady One himself will destroy your fortress! Stocking up on candy is a good idea, train a good military e.t.c.
Also, anything on it's own can be taken down by Dwarves with ease... These things are like the predators of the ancient world. Except not invisible.
And drunk.

GaxkangtheUnbound

• Bay Watcher
  • To the skies!
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 07, 2011, 06:33:38 pm »

You could even relocate your fortress into the structure. Nothings says dwarfy like an indestructible fortress!
Proud of my heritage.
Prepare to lose your sanity.

nerdyboy321123

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 07, 2011, 07:02:19 pm »

Posting to watch... and personally, I just go for the adamantine weapon right away whenever I find it, it really helps with the first couple goblins sieges

And like somebody said, the zombies aren't any real threat.. not much reason not to take it
how exactly did you weaponize cows into emissary-assassins without causing the expected loyalty cascade?

Archereon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 07, 2011, 08:23:42 pm »

Okay, the fact that everyone's so interested in me taking the adamantine weapon pretty much confirms my suspicion something nastier than undead is waiting between me and the adamantine weapon.
It was inevitable.

tommy521

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 07, 2011, 09:09:53 pm »

There's nothing between you and the weapon except yourself. Take what is rightfully yours, make a shrine for it, allow the dwarves to pray for the mighty blood god Armok to bring purity to your world. That, or just shove it in a bin in the back of your weapon stockpile like I do.

nerdyboy321123

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 07, 2011, 09:15:48 pm »

There's nothing between you and the weapon except yourself. Take what is rightfully yours, make a shrine for it, allow the dwarves to pray for the mighty blood god Armok to bring purity to your world. That, or just shove it in a bin in the back of your weapon stockpile like I do.
WHAT? You shove it in your weapon stockpile??? Blasphemy!

At the OP, in my experience there haven't been negative side effects? though looking back over other people's responses I feel there could be... so I'd have atleast a 20 person military, just to be safe
how exactly did you weaponize cows into emissary-assassins without causing the expected loyalty cascade?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 08, 2011, 02:25:24 am »

Okay, the fact that everyone's so interested in me taking the adamantine weapon pretty much confirms my suspicion something nastier than undead is waiting between me and the adamantine weapon.

Ok to clarify, we are interested in one purpose. The structure you have is RARE, once per 16x16 REGION tiles, that is the second embark screen. The weapon at the bottom? It is EPIC.

Think of the sword in the stone, the story of King Arthur and Camelot, I will not let in on more as you just hit the jackpot my friend. [P.S. Undead are horribly less effective in this current version. So tis' sadly easier to claim your weapon!]
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9