Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9

Author Topic: I just had my first !SCIENCE moment. *SPOILERS* (and clown cannons)  (Read 9707 times)

nogoodnames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: I just had my first !SCIENCE moment.
« Reply #60 on: December 10, 2011, 04:42:13 pm »

Hmmm...Nogoodnames. You wouldn't happen to have played Spore every would you? Because there was a guy on the spore forum with your exact username.
Small world, huh? Thanks for confirming my suspicions, Arch. ;D
Life is, in a word, volcanoes.
                        - Random human lord

Archereon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: December 10, 2011, 04:43:10 pm »

Ah, thanks.
I want to tell you they were bad men, cephalo.  I want to tell you that with a better overseer the Fortress never would've gotten so bad someone would get offed in a pointless fisticuffs.
But the sad truth charlie?
It was inevitable.

Archereon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: December 10, 2011, 05:11:23 pm »

Nice to see you too lol. I kind of figured you'd be the type to like dorf fortress =).
I want to tell you they were bad men, cephalo.  I want to tell you that with a better overseer the Fortress never would've gotten so bad someone would get offed in a pointless fisticuffs.
It was inevitable.

Archereon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: December 10, 2011, 05:35:28 pm »

All right, now I'm kind of having a problem dealing with the undead, namely in that I can't freaking see them due to all the miasma...Would pouring the fiery blood of the Earth (magma) down into the structure take care of them? I know this would work since I have a volcano close at hand, and an underwater river to qunech any remaining magma.
It was inevitable.

NecroRebel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: December 10, 2011, 06:33:23 pm »

All right, now I'm kind of having a problem dealing with the undead, namely in that I can't freaking see them due to all the miasma...Would pouring the fiery blood of the Earth (magma) down into the structure take care of them? I know this would work since I have a volcano close at hand, and an underwater river to qunech any remaining magma.
The trouble is getting the magma out of the indestructible slade formation afterwards. Also, why not just send your soldiers in with move orders and let them annihilate undead indiscriminately? What do you need to actually see your enemies for, anyway?
A Better Magma Pump Stack: For all your high-FPS surface-level magma installation needs!

Archereon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: December 10, 2011, 09:42:01 pm »

Well, I have only 5 melee soldiers...They're in full adamantine, but still, there's a lot of zombie crundles down there!
It was inevitable.

NecroRebel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: December 11, 2011, 01:27:49 am »

Well, I have only 5 melee soldiers...They're in full adamantine, but still, there's a lot of zombie crundles down there!
Psh, a single no-skill soldier in full copper could wipe out a thousand crundles. They'd be in more danger of starving to death than from getting hurt by the tiny little critters as long as they've got every body part shrouded in metal. Crundles aren't that threatening; unless there's some things significantly bigger than a dwarf down there, you should be fine.
A Better Magma Pump Stack: For all your high-FPS surface-level magma installation needs!

Gamzee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: December 11, 2011, 02:15:51 am »

but still, there's a lot of zombie crundles down there!

OH JESUS CHRIST NO

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: December 11, 2011, 02:22:38 am »

I can see where this is going.

Remember that undead are notoriously weak, and can be easily slain with a single fully-armored dorf. Have Fun with your new weapon!  :P

Oliolli

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:unlikeability]
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: December 11, 2011, 03:04:24 am »

I've seen no-skill dorfs one-hitting zombies with hammers. They simply fall apart once attacked. Your five addy-clad soldiers will be fine, especially if you danger-room 'em.

Quote from: Girlinhat
When all you've got is an adjustable spanner and an entire freight warehouse of terrifying cogs and gears, everything looks like "just a prototype".
Quote from: ThatAussieGuy
You all turned Swordthunders into a bastion of madness that seems to warp in on itself under its own hatred of sanity.  I'm so happy!
Quote from: Loud Whispers
drowning babies everywhere o-o

Pray_for_Snow

• Bay Watcher
  • MATT DAMON'S TIMECLONE
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: December 11, 2011, 04:13:19 am »

Hell, don't give them weapons and it will be a danger room, but without any weapon training.
This is an Artefact Thread. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It is decorated with text and images of various dwarves. It menaces with spikes of data.

My X-COM UFO Defense LP. Finals Week Hiatus.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #71 on: December 11, 2011, 05:44:25 am »

but still, there's a lot of zombie crundles down there!

OH JESUS CHRIST NO

WHAT HAS SCIENCE DONE?

Frelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: December 11, 2011, 06:04:33 am »

Oh, please do  me a favor, the one who removes the weapon shall be called King Arthur, get into the militia and take it as his weapon, regardless of the skill he has.
Also, CRUUUUUNDLEEEEEEESSS, RUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUN!!!!
Seriously, I cannot imagine anything more terryfying than fighting undead crundles (Yes, even WITH the other usual inhabitants of these structures)
greetz
It's all fun and games until someone gets hurt. Then it's Fun and Dwarf Fortress.
My trade depot is set to flood with water at the pull of a lever.  It's deep in the tunnels with easy drainage.  I call it my "water for goods" trading policy.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #73 on: December 11, 2011, 06:15:03 am »

Oh, please do  me a favor, the one who removes the weapon shall be called King Arthur, get into the militia and take it as his weapon, regardless of the skill he has.
Also, CRUUUUUNDLEEEEEEESSS, RUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUN!!!!
Seriously, I cannot imagine anything more terryfying than fighting undead crundles (Yes, even WITH the other usual inhabitants of these structures)
greetz

Fighting a moving blob of actual crundles?

Frelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: December 11, 2011, 06:57:56 am »

I meant I can think of nothing not related to crundles that is more horrifying.
It would be understandable for me if the dwarfes would just turn around and run in terror, but in my horribleness (got a Ph.D. in it) I would send em right back.
greetz
It's all fun and games until someone gets hurt. Then it's Fun and Dwarf Fortress.
My trade depot is set to flood with water at the pull of a lever.  It's deep in the tunnels with easy drainage.  I call it my "water for goods" trading policy.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9