Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: The [un] Official Star Wars Thread.  (Read 1876 times)

Tlc2011

• Bay Watcher
  • ..No idea what to put here.
    • View Profile
The [un] Official Star Wars Thread.
« on: December 06, 2011, 06:51:41 pm »

Hello, Tlc here [Star Wars fan whom is hoping to get Darth Vader's Lightsaber [Ultimate FX Version [for kids]]...
So, basically - Star Wars.

What is star wars?
Star wars is basically "steampunk with lightsabers/magic", most of the canon events taking place in the Movies made by the famed George Lucas, maker of Indiana Jones AND Star Wars.
There's also about a billion games, a quarter of a quarter of them on Steam. [the best, funnily enough [and oldest]]

It also has about three billion fans [quarter of them having "Fake Lightsabers" which are more then enough to inspire about a million lightsaber duel videos, with the best of them all being known as
"The Duel", featuring two...well, 25-yearolds from what i can tell having a lightsaber duel. Neither's lightsabers have special effects, nor do they break during the fight. [even though they do, you don't see that happen] It's basically "The Duel of Champions" with Lightsabers. The Duel of Champions is a slightly bloody Harry Potter Wand Duel, but...Yeah, don't watch The Duel after that, watch
it BEFORE!

Anyway, here's the link to the WookieePedia [fan-run star wars wiki that has just about every bit of info that has been released to the public, but is very open to trolls/wiki-griefers whom edit things to say shit that's false]: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Main_Page

Discuss Star Wars.

Fellow fans, post.

Anyone with Jedi Academy, get the Evolution of Combat mod...Which is practically a game expansion pack made by the FANS. THE FANS.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2011, 06:54:31 pm by Tlc2011 »

Tlc2011

• Bay Watcher
  • ..No idea what to put here.
    • View Profile
Re: The [un] Official Star Wars Thread.
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2011, 12:09:01 am »

Guys, there's no damn TV/Movie section that star wars fits into -

Thus, this is the right section.

What, NO ONE likes starwars?

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2011, 12:12:01 am »

You need a starting topic sorta.

Also, steam punk? How is it steam punk? Who is that quote from?

Tilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Slam with the best or jam with the rest
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2011, 12:59:19 am »

I'm confused what if anything it has to do with steampunk. It is much much closer to the pulp-fiction sci-fi adventures of the 1930s-50s, as that was George's direct inspiration.

But seriously, you can't just make a topic and expect people to show up, if there's nothing to discuss.

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2011, 12:59:44 am »

Hmm, without any other direction to post in, I'll say the first thing that came to mind:  When do I get another X-Wing vs. TIE Fighter?

And seriously, I know the Old Republic is the New Thing, but I'd like some stuff dealing with the Rebellion era again for once.
Through pain, I find wisdom.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2011, 02:43:37 am »

As a self-admitted Star Wars nerd, I shall post here. Is it true that the Old Republic game has no monthly fees? I heard a rumor to that effect.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

klingon13524

• Bay Watcher
  • The Mongols are cool!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2011, 04:17:07 am »

How the circus is it any way Steampunk? When I think of SW, the last thing that comes to my mind is Steampunk. Do you even know what Steampunk means?

Also, Star Trek is fa(*infinite)ar superior to your franchise. *obnoxious snort*
By creating a gobstopper that never loses its flavor he broke thermodynamics
Maybe it's parasitic. It never loses its flavor because you eventually die from having your nutrients stolen by it.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
  • Ἱησους Χριστος Θεου Υἱος Σωτηρ
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2011, 04:31:19 am »

Hmm, without any other direction to post in, I'll say the first thing that came to mind:  When do I get another X-Wing vs. TIE Fighter?

And seriously, I know the Old Republic is the New Thing, but I'd like some stuff dealing with the Rebellion era again for once.

I'd kill for another X Wing or TIE Fighter game.
Quote from: NewsMuffin
Dsarker is the trolliest Catholic
[Dsarker is] a good for nothing troll.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2011, 04:36:20 am »

I too would kill for another proper Star Wars flight-sim like X-Wing and TIE Fighter.  Some of the best games with a joystick ever made.

Star wars is basically "steampunk with lightsabers/magic"

That is the most retarded statement I have ever heard.  And believe me, I've heard retarded nerds append the label "steampunk" to a lot of things it has no bearing on, but Star Wars?  What?

It's ironic that I've actually been thinking about Star Wars tonight.  Like how funny it is that any time they make a videogame with characters from the movies, they have people pretending the voices... Except Billy Dee Williams, who's so hard up for cash he's still voiceacting any appearance of Lando.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2011, 05:52:46 am »

Anyone play the Star wars RPG?

I have some. Seemed okay. Maybe not super balanced. But I had fun.

Expect where my party blasted off a planet and left me in the middle of a war.  :(

With Jar-jar.  >:(

klingon13524

• Bay Watcher
  • The Mongols are cool!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2011, 06:18:17 am »

Anyone play the Star wars RPG?

I have some. Seemed okay. Maybe not super balanced. But I had fun.

Expect where my party blasted off a planet and left me in the middle of a war.  :(

With Jar-jar.  >:(
Wait, what? What Star Wars RPG? Are you talking about the MMORPG?
By creating a gobstopper that never loses its flavor he broke thermodynamics
Maybe it's parasitic. It never loses its flavor because you eventually die from having your nutrients stolen by it.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2011, 06:21:35 am »

No.

STAR WARS
ROLEPLAYING GAME

That is it's name.

Made by Wizards of the Coast.

Works a bit like D&D.

Srs: First thing on Google.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2011, 06:23:37 am by Criptfeind »

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 07, 2011, 07:12:16 am »

I've got to Move like Jabba!

You know, only recently I've learned that The Empire Strikes Back was not written nor directed by Lucas. I mean, now that I think of it, it's kinda obvious, really.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 07, 2011, 08:17:35 am »

Thank you Cracked. What would we do without you? Think people were good at one point?

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 07, 2011, 08:38:35 am »

It's ironic that I've actually been thinking about Star Wars tonight.  Like how funny it is that any time they make a videogame with characters from the movies, they have people pretending the voices... Except Billy Dee Williams, who's so hard up for cash he's still voiceacting any appearance of Lando.
That smooth Colt 45 doesn't pay for itself, you know.
EDIT: Complete tangent, but I just discovered that at one point in the early 90's, Pabst actually made a mint-flavored Colt 45.
Menthol malt liquor...can you get any more ghetto?  :o

I had the old Star Wars RPG (the one made by West End Games). Looked fun, never played it. Was on a Star Wars MUSH long, long ago that used the West End rules as their base.

Oh, and Star Trek? Srsly?
Hokey religions and ancient weapons may be no match for a good blaster, but they beat the hell out of inverting the phase polarity of the sensor array.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.
Pages: [1] 2