Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 74 75 [76] 77 78 ... 89

Author Topic: HOTRS II: Dead Roots Stirring Toxic Season 104AE  (Read 60929 times)

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
Re: HOTRS II: A Shade of Things to come 103 AE (In need of Nobles)
« Reply #1125 on: November 10, 2012, 11:49:23 am »

For once, for a single time in his life, Malcadors facial features derailed. Instead of the Impenetrable Mask utter sadness stole into his face.

I...never took away all you hated. I did the best possible i could. After all after the Death fo you mother tell me what should i have done? With a Drunkard as father and a pedophile uncle...yes Veren, who you so much adored, the man who always kissed you and gave you those cute little dresses, i couldn't leave you in the household. I couldn't take care of you myslef, i had an obligation to fulfill. I had to keep the house together somehow. Even later when your father died.

Don't you think i ever regretted this decision? It was the only thing i could do. You off to the Church, Ssalosin off as a ward to other Nobles. DO you have any idea how hard this decision was? I couldn't bear doing the same thing again, sending another innocent child to the church out of fear of leaving it in the hands of a snake and a Babarian. So i chose the only way out, the only viable way, Aeverys. Save you to give the child a mother, to give the child a future. Of course the Grey Guard will make demands on what the child has to learn it will have a say in every matter of the childs upbringing, but it will not be alone. You will be with her.

Please Aeverys, for one last time in your life...trust me.

He didn't dare taking these fateful words into his mouth: everything will be just fine.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1126 on: November 10, 2012, 11:59:28 am »

Averys released him slowly. She didn't know what to make of it all.

"One last time." She staggered back to the gurney.

"Let us go Roim. I will keep her safe. I will live, you will live...and Kathrica will be safe, she will have a choice. You must let me go. For the good of our People, you must go on...you must..."

Swirling white lights danced across Averys vision, and she fell unconscious. She let herself fall unconscious, to be more precise. Time to put away the sword, for now. Time...

Thump...Thump...

Time to rest. The clock was ticking away.

Thump...Thump...

Was this Heaven? This endless field of white? Or Hell?

Averys didn't know.

But she was at peace, wherever it was.

Thump...Thump...

Averys falls into a deep sleep-breathing slow and steady, but she'll need medical attention, quickly.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Azthor

• Bay Watcher
  • Doomy Dooms of Doom, Discount Sale!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1127 on: November 10, 2012, 11:59:49 am »

((Now that I think about it... Kathrica -> Aeverys & Ssalosin -> Father -> Grandfather -> Great-grandfather -> Great-great-grandfather ~ Me. I am now a great-great-great-granduncle))

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
  • Skippity-Bap-Pap for your soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #1128 on: November 10, 2012, 01:08:41 pm »

Archon paced in his tent, glancing at the holoprojector and musing upon the available options. he did not want to be stuck in mud fighting a siege warfare with an infected hive. He would be happy just erasing it, but until all the reinforcements come, he was stuck, sitting behind the concrete wall, waiting.

The hell that was created was brutal, unforgiving, twisted. If Pancreator was watching, he clearly did not want to interfere; leaving Luthias alone to sort out his problem.
But did he have an alternative? Fighting with billions of xenos? Now he wondered whether clean countryside and stone-age lizards are truly harder to deal with rather than twisted, man-made monstrosities.

Cr'tok promised to clean up the place after the purge was complete: Archon knew well that they would not go back on the deal like this, with Nova breathing down everyone's neck.
Truly, these were interesting times...   
« Last Edit: November 10, 2012, 03:23:11 pm by Ardas »

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #1129 on: November 10, 2012, 02:22:06 pm »

Roim's pistol hovered for a moment in front of Malcador's face before going down.

"Take your gun back my love. Promise me you'll kill anyone hurting our daughter. I love you.

With these words, he stepped out of the shuttle. Once more she was taken from him. Once more he was powerless, unable to protect her. He was in a fell mood. A terrible mood. Exactly the mood he should not be in when learning that Azthor had totally disrespected his authority again.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1130 on: November 11, 2012, 06:18:43 am »

((Clarification: these rolls are from the view of the assassin and have been sent as PM, so don't be too confused about why a 6 is suddenly bad))

This moment as Roim steps out of the shuttle, as Doctors crowd Aeverys and keep her from having a last look at her husband, as Malcador is in the Cockpit contacting the Reconciliation., As Azthor is raising the troops against Aeverys, that very moment a man on a nearby wooded copse having infiltrated the Novan Army in the Guise of an Officer takes a deep breath with his high-caliber sniper rifle and squeezes the trigger. (?) His aim is flawless. A spray of blood hits Aeverys face and even in her unconscious state the bang might somehow work it's way into her dream. Trying to stop the gush of blood, Roim claws at his throat. [5] But the wound is deadly, having torn his windpipe, pink froth is streaming from the wound. The Mighty Warlord and Patriarch of House Nova, having survived so many hardships falls to his knees. [4] Malcador in frantic panic, orders the shuttle to start, the Gardists complying, leave the dying warlord on the landing pad. [2] Luckily for Roim a Medic is always near him,having been ordered so by Malcador to be ready for events like this. This timely first aid is crucial to keep Roim alive for the moment. [6] Unfortunately it is not enough, Even though the Medic manages to keep Roim alive for a few painful minutes, the great Lord of Nova dies before proper medical help can be applied.

Lord Roim Scaleskinner has been assassinated.

Meanwhile on a certain wooded copse

Robert "Red" Redding, one of the most expensive and reputedly the best assassin in the Galaxy makes his way quickly away from his shooting position. It was an easy job. Surprisingly easy. [1+2]Sadly (for him) he only notices the incoming guards in the last moment and he finds himself confronted with two power-armoured veterans. [5 vs. 1] the fight is brief. Even though Red is known for his skills in close quarters as as sniper, he cannot match two power-armoured genetically engineered Veterans of the Hosue Guard of Nova. [5] Lucky for him that they leave him alive...barely.

Luthias

[6] You get a report that a "Arflognir"-Class Cruiser the Reconciliation of the Canus Custodes has been seen in the Orbit. Scans from your frigates reveal that they dispatched a single shuttle to the Novan Capital which then took course to Ravenhorst Port and is just now returning to the ship.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1131 on: November 11, 2012, 06:50:24 am »

I love you. I love you too. Please...don't go.

Burn. Flash. Supernova. Red. Hot. Sticky.

Crashing down. Pancreator helps us, we're losing altitude. Just...hold on.

You face death with no fear, King Roim. You know now, neither do I.

Here, take this. It's silver. To remember. Garth...

My hand? My right hand is scarred by flame.

Averys took a moment to embrace her husband...for that moment, there was no war, no Empire, no grand destiny-just her, him and the baby. Together, safe.

She's As beautiful as a rising star.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
  • Skippity-Bap-Pap for your soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #1132 on: November 11, 2012, 07:44:52 am »

((OK, I'm confused as hell right now. Why is everyone dying left ad right?))

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1133 on: November 11, 2012, 08:19:17 am »

((The world's a dangerous place. Which is why I'm about something that will either be absolutely genial, or get me killed. Probably both.))

Robert

You go back up and order your men to stop all work on getting samples. Gathering the Scientist and the two Guards, you take the Submarine to go back down.

A closer view tells you that the thing has to be huge...gigantic in size. After a while you find something like an port and docking there you enter teh Underground Complex. After a few meters and an atmospheric Scan you colleague tells you that the air is breathable. The Hallways you are in is completely dark except for the flashlights you brought with you.

Interesting... A giant underwater complex, well maintained, yet completely dark and apparently abandonned. So either whatever lives here doesn't need ligh, or they turned of the lighs to ambush us. Or maybe it's just abbandonned. Well, since this appears to be build for airbreathing creatures, there should be some sort of rescue pods/ boats around.

Let's look for those first, it's good to have a back up plan.

Azthor

• Bay Watcher
  • Doomy Dooms of Doom, Discount Sale!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1134 on: November 11, 2012, 09:31:11 am »

Finally, the deed is done, two centuries of his brother's cancerous stain upon the House undone in but a few moments. Two centuries of ever diminishing borders, increasingly decadent nobles and widespread regress, the army brought down to a mere shadow of its former glory; even worse, the House's own name had been nearly made fade into obscurity, culminating in a marriage between the Matriarcha and a thug. the worst of insults Aeverys could have wrought upon the House. But no more...

"Good men of Ravenwood and my own brothers-in-arms. For too long have we been wallowing in the mud, misled by the likes of "Lady" Aeverys and her consort, who would have you believe the reality you've been born into is as much as you could hope for. Allow me to tell you of other times, times ancient, prior to the very Downfall which brought the Empire to its knees; a time when mankind had set forth to conquer the very stars, and succeeded, a time when we dared to dream, dared to achieve, and, in turn, there was bountifulness aplenty. Does my very lifespan not serve as an example of one such a conquest?"

"But of course no, Aeverys and her accomplices would not want you to discover the truth, lest you know how utterly lacking their reign, and that of their direct ancestors, has been, how the far the great have fallen. Rest assured, that will never again be the case, for this moment marks the dawn of a new age for the House. No more will those two fools have their way, Aeverys and her lap dog's reign of debauchery is at an end, and, even now, we stand on a monument to the days of old, a spaceport fitting of Nova's nascent glory!"

"For now, however, we head to the Capital, you are no doubt tired from this long campaign and just as there will be time for fights anew, there must now be time for commemoration"
« Last Edit: November 11, 2012, 09:33:17 am by Azthor »

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1135 on: November 11, 2012, 10:07:57 am »

((posted a quick summary of the Characters and the Happenings of the Game so Far.))

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1136 on: November 11, 2012, 11:03:09 am »

Trent walked into Delvo's tent followed by a short stocky fellow, one of the lower ranking Blood Brothers that survived the battle, stopping not far from the man Trent shrugs his shoulders to mover the spear on his back to a more comfortable position. Clearing his throat he speaks up,

"I've got a dozen and a half on guard duty with the promise of half rations if they let anyone start any trouble, no matter if that trouble is xeno to xeno, human to human, or xeno to human. I suggest we haul our asses back to the main encampment, I get the feeling those Cr'tok bastards ended up making alot more then just some damn zombies right out of a horror novel."

Shootandrun

• Bay Watcher
  • Silence is the answer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1137 on: November 11, 2012, 07:05:30 pm »

Applying:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 11, 2012, 07:24:26 pm by Shootandrun »

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1138 on: November 11, 2012, 07:30:12 pm »

2 new people joining nova at the same time :).

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #1139 on: November 12, 2012, 06:57:12 am »

((Well. That's not fun. I'm out. Azthor, next time, I won't do fair play,  and I'll have your ass killed as soon as I have the last sign of plotting. Enjoy your game of not opponents. :/

Though I want to see how you'll manage leading convincing barbarians that conquered most of the world that I was a bad man. They're my guys, and I'll be disappointed if you don't have to deal with at least a bit of a civil war. But I guess I'm dissapointed enough already that it doesn't matter.))
« Last Edit: November 12, 2012, 07:19:15 am by Sheb »

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.
Pages: 1 ... 74 75 [76] 77 78 ... 89