Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 89

Author Topic: HOTRS II: Dead Roots Stirring Toxic Season 104AE  (Read 61039 times)

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
Re: House of the Rising Suns 2: The Light in the Darkness
« Reply #615 on: July 27, 2012, 02:43:32 pm »

That's the channel. What's the server?

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
  • Skippity-Bap-Pap for your soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #616 on: July 29, 2012, 11:19:47 am »

((Still waiting patiently.))

Archon looked outside through the window in his office. The place was submerged in half-darkenss, with whatever , little light coming though a large, tall window. Dark wood on the walls and heavy bookcases added to the gothic look of the place. The marble heads of the emperors and thinkers past, frozen in their eternal solemnity, stood alongside the walls of the cabinet. Luthias could be very well mistaken for one of them, his expression frozen in similar, majestic contemplation.
Luthias observed the grey landscape from high floor of his palace: tall, cold forests on top of mountains with metal-coloured sky overhead. He thought of the situation at hand, about Aeverys, about the crusade.

Must Nova people be so stubborn? Must I be subjected continously to their mistakes, folly and demands? Pancreator laid a heavy weight on his shoulders, and Si'kar was more troublesome than one could expect from a lazy, feudal backwater. Hopefully the chief scientist of Nova, Trent, would prove to be a man of reason. Standing at the sidelines of the internal conflict and waiting for Aeverys to be rescued, he could very well be the best ally of Luthias. A man of science and straightforward thinking would be unlikely to mislead him. aAlthough one could never be too sure...

"Your Eminence, Nova chief scientist is here."
"Let him in."
« Last Edit: August 09, 2012, 03:23:41 pm by Ardas »

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #617 on: August 03, 2012, 04:56:01 pm »

Trent entered the Archon's Chamber, his usual attire of a plain robe with silver etching along the hems and the seven repentance seals along the edge of the hood were now replaced by a jet black robe with intricate silver lined images of saints and angels sewn into them, and the usual repentance seals are accompanied by an eighth blood red one centered on the line of seven silver ones. He nods to the Archon as he enters and speaks, "It is a pleasure to meet you Archon, though sad it must be so shortly after such events have passed." He pausesw to take a seat in a chair and take a slight breath for continuing, "I understand you require the aid of my research team, and I am more then happy to help you as long as it get Aevery's back in her throne, her truly rightful place. Technology will hopefully take bounds forward through our cooperation together, and we can get this whole ordeal over with quickly while keeping both our sides closely knit I hope. Now with this said I'd like to move onto another topic, currently it seems the relationship between the Church and House Nova is stretched at best, and we can't have this if we are to unite this planet as the Church so rightfully sees fit to do. To tighten the link between the Church and House Nova I have a request of you Archon, I would like to become a vassal of the Church, and still retain my vassalage to House Nova. Of course it is entirely up to you what power to bestow me as a vassal of the Church I you see fit to do so, I only ask for a small chunk of land to look after and a populace to watch over and guide. What do you say Archon?"

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #618 on: August 03, 2012, 05:38:16 pm »

Luthias still stood at the window, with his back turned.

"Vassalage? My son, all faithful are already vassals, in their worship of the Pancreator. But I do accept your request of a closer relationship betwen nova Science team and the diocese of Si'kar.
I must tell you however, that I'm merely a custodian of the church land here. I do not administer it or draw any taxes  from it, only defend it. So i cannot grant you any land or taxpayers."

Luthias turned slowly to face his guest.

"What I can do however is to share with you my technological resources and my troops, but in exchange for your word on secrecy of what is going on between us. I don not know the mind of either Roim or Azthor, but Avery's return is clearly of secondary importance  to them."

Luthias sat down in his armchair at the deask.

"Now, if you accept, I would be eager for you to start working on a project of mine. The shipyard I found in the xeno lands is completely unsuable. However I found there a blueprint for VASIMIR plasma drive. Of course, I do not have to tell you what it is. Or do I? I expect that you know what this would mean for Aeverys. I would be able to pick her up and bring her back, hopefully with her penance time having passed as we travel to Vengeance. Mind you I will grant you access only if you agreeto maintain secrecy. And don't worry, I have my ways of ensuring that you do not breach that secrecy."

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #619 on: August 06, 2012, 12:25:29 pm »

Ok now that i returned from Wacken(sorry for not informing you but i somehow forgot that in the flurry of activity and preparations) anyway here is what i thought up now:

Restructured and changed Rules and turn template:

Land,Populace,Taxation and Food
Instead of Population units the whole thing will now be changed to parcels of Lands similiar to YAK. However there still are changes to THAT:

instead of just parcels of Land there will be different Kinds of land. As it is we don't stay stuck in the Middle Ages we are advancing into the future. This brings with it massive population Growth and a complete change in the Feudal System. Where before were mostly just peasants with farms now stand Megacities.

Each Parcel provides a set Amount of Manpower, Tax-Income and Food.

Manpower: Manpower represents the amount of able-bodied men whihc can bre recruited from that Area. If you have a parcel with 1 Manpower you can recruit and maintain a single Regiment.

Food: every Point of Manpower uses 1 Unit of Food per annum. You can stockpile food and in emergencies use it up.

Taxes: Every Unit of Manpower provides 1 Credit per annum.

The basic types of Land-Parcels

Wild Land
Description: Unsettled Land, sparesly populated and largely unused. It provides almost nothing.
Manpower: 1 Unit
Food: 1 Unit
Taxes: 1 Credit

Farmsteads
Description: Mostly Agricultural Land, with low Populations. It provides some food but gives low tax incomes as well as it can only provide very low manpower.
Manpower: 1 Unit
Food: 2 Units
Tax: 1 Credit

Town
Description: With the Industrialization people tend to clot together in larger settlements. Towns contain no arable land but bring money and people.
Manpower: 3 Units
Food: 0 Units
Tax: 3 Credits

With Technologic Advance more and Different Parcel Upgrades will be available.

With it's population of (originally) 700 Units Cr'tok has 700 Parcels of land.
House Nova has 245 Parcels and an extra Population of 73 Units and 6 Units of Xenos.

House Nova Holdings:

120 Parcels Wild Lands Pop 120
100 Parcels Farmsteads Pop 100
1 Parcel Fortress City    Pop 3
1 Parcel L1 Hive City Pop 20 Xen 6
3 Parcels City Pop 15
20 Parvels Towns Pop 60

Note the City, Fortress City and Small Hive City. Each of Those are upgrades to the Town Parcel. Currently you have not the Technology to upgrade other parcels to those levels. These are just remains from teh Time before the Downfall. You can also obtain more by capturing. But FYI here are the stats of these Parcels:

City
Requirement: Town
Description: With the Advancement of Society and Technology it is possible for more and more people to flock to a single Area and so Towns grow to Cities. They are Centers of Industry but provide absolutely no Food.
Manpower: 5 Units
Tax: 5 Credits

Fortress City
Requirement: City
Description: Cities geared for one Purpose: War. The Population is mostly Military and even Children here know how to use a weapon. They are mostly built where one needs a bulwark against the Enemy.
Manpower: 5 Units
Tax: 0 Credits

L1 Hive City
Requirement: City
Description: the First Layer of a future Hive City. Massive populations roam this even larger place, at least compared to the normal Cities. However this constitutes only the lowest Level of a real Hive.
Manpower: 20 Units
Tax: 20 Credits

The Hives are an interesting Concept by themselves. With the Advancement of Technology you will be able to build a second and even later a third and fourth layer on the hives. This means if you planet is conquered and you need space you just build upwards. With even more Advancement you might find yourselves even able to add different layer upgrades to a Hive. However due to the micromanagment of those things i will only allow one Hive per planet.

ok so much to the land restructuring. Dwarmin, Sheb and Azthor, but mainly Dwarmin i need you 3 to decide how to split up these parcels. Then i will continue with the Military and Support Overhaul...

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #620 on: August 06, 2012, 04:43:15 pm »

"It is more then enough that you offer me troops, and I will strive to close the gap past events has torn between the Church and my House, maybe we can repair it with time. You have my word, I have kept secrets from many people, even from the those I most care for so this is easy enough a task. Now for your last statement, I thought all blueprints of that design were destroyed on this planet when the Old Houses were destroyed, are you sure its a legitimate blueprint of the VASMIR drive? If it is this could jump start our progression into technology, and that combined with the House Nova research team, and your technological assets I could have a working frigate prototype by the time we get a shipyard constructed. Which brings me to my next question, do we have the resources to restore the shipyard, or at least create another in its stead or will we need to expand upon the resources in House Nova land?" Trent's heart was racing as he spoke, an actual blueprint of the VASMIR drive something he'd wanted for many years, every since he found data on ancient ships stored in the catacombs beneath his House Capital so long ago.

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #621 on: August 06, 2012, 04:54:50 pm »

"From what I was told by my brothers in the engineering sections of the Ecclesia, those blueprints will be sufficient to re-activate my ships' engines and enable their production once the time comes. You are still a way off from designing a frigate though. I've yet to see a single steel mill in Nova, let alone electricity outisde of your fortress. I'm not a scientist, but I understand that an entire economy has to be constructed before you are able to launch even the simplest of orbital satellites, let alone a void-capable vessel."

Luthias smiled weakly.

"The shipyard is wrecked. Unusuable, with whatever good equipment and ships taken by the Ecclesia Exploratoris and myself. And no, I'm currently unable to fund more than the research to bring my ships fully online with the use of blueprints. But rest assured, I will allow you to reverse-engineer their reactors... once you are deemed worthy of my trust. I hope that the work can be started soon?"

Azthor

• Bay Watcher
  • Doomy Dooms of Doom, Discount Sale!
    • View Profile
« Reply #622 on: August 09, 2012, 02:36:06 pm »

I will be blunt, ridiculously so: we need to get this going, if Sheb and Dwarmin fail to voice their thoughts, I want all all of Nova's holdings, otherwise, we should get on IRC to negotiate and, provided that we don't reach a consensus, let the RNG decide most of the division.

@Ardas: I believe Your Eminence is the appropiate title, except you happen to see yourself as a Duke of sorts, rather then a Cardinal figure.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2012, 07:30:34 am by Azthor »

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #623 on: August 09, 2012, 02:47:42 pm »

If you people want i will distribute it myself...

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #624 on: August 09, 2012, 03:28:10 pm »

@Azthor: Fixed it. Thank you for noticing.

I don't care what land is given to whom, but seeing how people are slacking, I say we leave it up to Ghaz. Give it all to Azthor, split it in three, I don't care. I just want to move on.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #625 on: August 09, 2012, 04:59:08 pm »

((*still in plotprison, does not care* :P

Did you guys need my opinion? I mean, I technically am not in the game anymore.))
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Azthor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #626 on: August 10, 2012, 08:14:02 am »

If you people want i will distribute it myself...

We might have to resort to that, but we need Sheb to answer first.

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #627 on: August 10, 2012, 02:27:12 pm »

Nova Holdings:
3 Parcels City Pop 15
20 Parcels Towns Pop 60

The Former Distribution in the two Regions:

Corelands:
3 Parcels City Pop 15

The Reaches:
20 Parcels Towns Pop 60

As i see it Sheb has the lone right on the Reaches and Azthor/Dwarmin on the Corelands. This means until anybody decides to divide his lands Otherwise they will be split the following way:

Roim:
71 Parcels Farmstead Pop 71
20 Parcels Towns Pop 60

Aeverys:
3 Parcels City Pop 15
29 Parcels Farmsteads Pop 29

Azthor

That means:
Tavius,
Trent
Ssalosin

will go without land for the Time-Being until your lords and Ladies have decided how to piece it up. now to the Military. Due to this new Land System all Support figures will be deleted. I know some of you hav einvested quite the Effort to turn stuff their way and i am sorry but this is just too stupidly complex especially if we go into the late-game. Military Units will be distributed according to Land.

Military

Infantry has several slots which can be filled, with upgrades you get when you research technologies.  The template looks the following:

"Name of Regiment" Infantry
Experience: Green/Militia/Regular/Bloodied/Veteran/Legends (you can pay to up this up to Regular, from there on they need real battle experience)
Origin: Ordinary, Frontier, Hiveborn, Spacer... ( where this unit was recruited, can have positive and negative impacts)
Weapons: Clubs,Lasers, Fusion-Beams...
Armor: Naked, Power-Armoured....
Special: (depending on Kind of Special, these might be bought or are gained by a unit Example: "Genetically-Modified" has to be bought whereas "Mad" is gained through certain circumstances the Unit has to endure. Soldiers on Swamp planets may get bonuses from that...etc.

Regiments and Divisions

Due to the increasing Number of Units and the  Micromanagment coming with those i might group together Regiments to Divisions. Divisions are nothing else but larger Units of Regiments, grouped together for easier Managment.

Vehicles

Vehicle Regiments will work the same way as Infantry Regiments. In fact they are Infantry Regiments with Vehicle Upgrades.

Space-Ships
I will come to those when they become relevant.

Current Division of Military Units:

Azthor
2 Regiments Power-Armoured Regulars (Regular,Fortressborn,Imperial Weaponry,Power-Armoured)
1 Regiment Motorized Regulars (Regular, Fortressborn,Imperial Weaponry,Flak-Armour, Trucks)

Roim
51 Regiments Regulars(Regular,Frontiermen,Imperial Weaponry,Flak-Armour,Babarians)
5 Regiments Serfs(Green,Ordinary,Arquebuses,Leather-Armour,Peasants)

Trent
1 Regiment Xeno Militia (Militia,Xenos,Imperial Weaponry,Flak-Armour,Loyal)

Aeverys
1 Regiment House Guard(Veteran,Nobleborn,Imperial Weaponry,Power Armoured,Loyal,Genetically Engineered)

EDIT: just saw i mixed something up with Dwarmin and Shebs holdings...
Fake-Edit 2: everyone of you can field a Personal Guard, which gets the Perk Nobleborn instead of any other. Though only the Matriarch/Patriarch may field Power-Armoured House Guards. THe current lsit of Upgrades, their Meanings and the parcels will be listed on the front Post. This done, Dwarmin if you want i can write something up that you can go from your "Plot-Prison" although i had some nice ideas concerning Vengeance but as you apparently don't want any of it, ill just let a year pass and be done with it.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2012, 08:33:00 am by Ghazkull »

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #628 on: August 10, 2012, 02:41:01 pm »

Pancreator be praised! We are moving on slowly but steadily.

Azthor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #629 on: August 11, 2012, 12:37:09 am »

It goes without saying that I'd rather Sheb didn't hold 80% of the income and army while I hold but a hundredth.
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 89