Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 89

Author Topic: HOTRS II: Dead Roots Stirring Toxic Season 104AE  (Read 61012 times)

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
Re: House of the Rising Suns 2: Inquisition Symphony
« Reply #465 on: June 07, 2012, 06:37:04 am »

((Woaw, who exactly is overseeing the Inquisition? Those sounds more like a mafia than like a real ecclesiastical organization. Also, I really dunno what should Roim do. I need some time to think. Oh, and will you manage both the House Nova and the crusade, or are we supposed to move everyone to the new setting?))

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: June 07, 2012, 06:42:59 am »

((Sheb,Azthor,Adwarf,Riccto and Kestrel will continue their struggle for the lead of the house and of course lead the House itself, while Our dear Archon does whatever his agenda is. Dwarmin and Taricus however will be moved to  Vengeance...of course if you dont want to we could skip forward in time although i had some ideas for Vengeance although those could be played out at a later moment.))

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: June 07, 2012, 06:59:52 am »

((Well, it's interesting. I wonder if Roim should go to Vengeance or stay behind. On the one hand, he doesn't want to leave Aeverys on her own, on the other hand, he doesn't trust Azthor and need to take care of the realm...))

Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: June 07, 2012, 07:01:29 am »

((Between Me, Azthor, Riccto, and Kestrel I think we can manage while your gone without sending the planet into full on civil war :) ))

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: June 07, 2012, 07:02:22 am »

((I'm sure you'll do well. I'm not as sure that the Throne will still be empty when I come back. :p))

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
  • Skippity-Bap-Pap for your soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: June 07, 2012, 07:19:38 am »

((Yeah, I apprecieate the help and how inquisition ins playing right into my hands but to take out Averys like that feels... unsatisfactory. Unless her trip to Vengeance is supposed to boost her some how. Also, she is apparently pregnant, so isn't that fun when trying to wage war. Bringing life and death at the same time. Also, what Sheb said, Inquisition is bit bullish despite the initial appearances))

Luthias remained silent. Averys being removed and House Nova thrown into internal disarray was more than helpful, but at the same time Inquisitor was unusually direct and interfered in the otherwise private matters openly. Inqusition was within its rights to do so, but Luthias wondered where was that leading to, and how was he supposed to cary out his mission.
Maybe Church was tearing at its seams, and the black robes were trying to put everything togets with force. Maybe there was some overriding plan that was to be completed.
Either way, Luthias had more than full hands trying to deal with this abrupt change in circumstances.

"Thank you inquisitor. Morning Star will now return to my capital and there you and your men and your "charges" can board the stellar cruiser." He turned to Roim
"It pains me deeply to bid you goodbye in such harsh circumstances, but trust me, I will do my best to ensure that Averys returns to you safely. Its my job as your confessor and spiritual father. The shuttle will take you down to your palace."

It did not take long for everyone to return to their places or to be ushered into "new accomodations", before Morning Star fired up its giant engines, bathing the city and people below in a blue glow and a wave of hot air. As frigate started to ascend and head for sub-orbital course to Archon's base, Luthias marched down to ship's quarters where Averys was held.

He enterd her room and with rather troubled look on his face he begun speaking.
"Averys, I want you to know that none of this is my doing. I'm as powerless as you are right now, and everything that occured was out of my reach. it may seem as we are political enemies, but I wish no ill to your house. I cannot manage Si'kar alone, as much as it appears otherwise. For whatever reason Inqusitor set me with a difficult task, most likely to ensure a stalemate on Si'kar. Its clear that they don't like me and that they intend on preserving status quo. Tell me what I can do to help you, since this situation s as difficult to me as it is to you"
« Last Edit: June 07, 2012, 07:21:14 am by Ardas »

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: June 07, 2012, 07:21:52 am »

((I'm sure you'll do well. I'm not as sure that the Throne will still be empty when I come back. :p))
((:3 I can promise you that I won't be taking it, I haz my attention focused on another target, the Church is just trying to get it before me :P))

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: June 07, 2012, 07:27:33 am »

((Ardas:Oh Aeverys is by no means "removed" let's say that there are many roads to rome and you will soon rue the day you met Captain Jack Spar...i mean Inquisitor Joras.))

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: June 07, 2012, 07:31:58 am »

((Once I get up the ecclesiastical ladder, Joras will be polishing my papal hat, or whatever the damn title is.))

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: June 07, 2012, 08:27:57 am »

Inquisitor! shouted Roim as the power-armored lady was leaving the room.
I know it is a lot for a barbarian such as myself to dare present you with a request, and I wouldn't dare question your judgment, but you may lack some information. Lady Aeverys, my wife, is pregnant. It cannot be the Pancreator's wish to punish the unborn for the sin of his mother.

I, on the other hand, vowed to support and protect Aeverys this death finally separate us. If someone must go to Vengeance to repent, it should be me. I pray you, Holy One. Let me become the scapegoat of House Nova and redeem both me and Aeverys from our sins.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #475 on: June 07, 2012, 09:12:53 am »

((@Tar: Uh, I'm in railroad mode :P I don't have a choice to accept or not.))

Averys shrugged. She looked at the Archon wearily.

"Help me or not, Archon, whatever your conscience tells you. I am no longer your concern much longer. Indeed, I doubt I'll last more than an hour until I have an...accident. Unless I'm to serve as an example. They have methods. Have I not ordered their use often enough?"

Avery's laughed harshly, but there was no life in it.

"No, do not pity me, Archon. I am not a good person. I have done horrible things in the name of the Pancreator-and to fufill my own lusts. They will make me pay for them. They might break me before they kill me, if they are feeling playful.

Not, that I intend to make it easy for them."

In the pathetic cell she confessed everything to Luthias-not caring, not caring what his true alliances were, who was listening. She told him she had truthfully not sent Tavius to kill anyone-how she was sure Garth had been murdered-how she was pregnant with child, as of this morning.

"...I am dead, we both know that. Even if my death is not arranged, they will rip the child from my womb once they know-perhaps as I watch, for educational effect. Or, I will come to term and never see them again, little does the church lack for birth-soldiers to raise arms. I will die before either of those comes to pass.

I doubt you can protect me long, even if you would. Perhaps right now, you pity me-I am no Queen here, No Battle Sister-merely a woman scared for her life, and that of her child. But soon I will be gone, and you will perhaps make the hard choice-the right choice for yourself. I do not grudge you choosing this, nor seeking your own power or advantage.

Just, know this. I am a soldier, ready to die for the cause. You are a soldier as well. Do not let Inquisitor Joras and her ilk win. Fight them. Even if for your own reasons, and none of mine. Resist them. Your faith demands it. Your office demands it. I demand it, and it is my dying wish, for you to heed or scorn as you will.

If you can do me one favor, though. Keep my husband from following me, if you can...I do not know if he will or nil, but you should convince him...lie to him, if you have to. Make up falsehoods. Tell him I bedded other men, consorted with his enemies to plot his downfall...I do not care. Do not let him take my place. Even if you must smile to Joras, and lie.

For what time we had, I loved him. I would die with the knowledge he lived on. It will be better that way."

With that, Averys fell silent, dropping into a meditative stance-letting a cloak of coldness drape her. Preparing her body and mind for the trial to come. Letting go of everything material.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2012, 09:26:28 am by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: June 07, 2012, 09:24:36 am »

Trent stood leaning against the stone wall that protected him from the deadly drop from his balcony and stared up at the cruiser as shuttles began to move, and engines started to heat up. He mumbled to himself as he grasped the House Salyar Emblem in his hand, "Lilian would you forgive me for the path I have chosen to follow, or would you weep to see how low I have fallen? Even Saints can fall from the heavens ..." Turning back to face the room Trent pulled his hood up once more, and walked out of his room locking the door behind him. His personal guards fell in around him, and a servant rushed over to him as he spoke, "Go tell Azthor to meet me in the War Room immediately, its a life or death situation for our great empire." As he watched the servant dash away down the hall Trent's thoughts began to wander, going back to his childhood, and a promise he made so many years ago.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2012, 09:31:13 am by adwarf »

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: June 07, 2012, 10:09:47 am »

"So be it. Farewell Averys, may Pancreator watch over you both."

For someone of such grand standing, Averys gave into her female nature quite quickly and clearly resigned herself to her fate. No doubt her bodily state affected her mind. Luthias felt pity for her. Not for Averys the Matriarch or Averys the noble, but for Averys the woman. It was within his power to help her and provide even a little bit of respite, and Pancreator knows that to not do so would be a sin. Despite political disagreements, Archon was responisble for his flock, and Averys was one of them.

Luthias decided to speak to Inquisitor one last time to see if that woman had at least an ounce of humanity left in her. What a terrible fate it was that those charged with protecting mankind were barely human themself.

"Inquisitor Joras, I got one request ot make, before you and Averys depart form Si'kar. Vengeance is a harsh world, and Averys will be left to fend for herself. It would be a shame and inhumane if a measure of forgiveness and respite was not granted to her, if only because of the innocent life she is carrying with her. To condemn her without a chance for redemption would be a true sin. I would like to ensure that she has that chance. May I grant her some money to take with to Vengenace? "
« Last Edit: June 07, 2012, 10:15:23 am by Ardas »

Azthor

• Bay Watcher
  • Doomy Dooms of Doom, Discount Sale!
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: June 07, 2012, 03:23:51 pm »

((You know, being the only active house noble other than you two does have a way of leaving one thinking you are refering to them))
« Last Edit: June 07, 2012, 03:34:23 pm by Azthor »

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: June 07, 2012, 06:03:12 pm »

"You seem to fail to understand Lord Archon, that the Assassin and Aeverys are not send to their untimely end, but to redemption. If i intended to kill them i had done so and if i intended to let them suffer believe me there are a billion easier and cheaper ways for this...you can trust the word of an Inquisitor  and you can trust me when i say that both will be provided for...even the baby."

((OOC: if nobody objects i will make a turn now and then Aeverys and Tavius will immediately arrive on Vengeance...or you can RP a bit more if you want...))
« Last Edit: June 07, 2012, 06:14:51 pm by Ghazkull »
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 89