Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 89

Author Topic: HOTRS II: Dead Roots Stirring Toxic Season 104AE  (Read 60968 times)

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
Re: House of the Rising Suns 2: Assassins,Plagues,Chaos... (1 Noble Place Open)
« Reply #135 on: December 30, 2011, 04:16:28 pm »

"Then they died together, saved us the trouble of killing them one by one.

I don't give a damn.

Let us leave here, now. We are bloodied and weary, and I will not allow the Xenos to take advantage of us."

Action: Averys moves her forces and ensuing loots back home.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: December 30, 2011, 05:41:37 pm »

((OOC: i'll leave it entirely to you to describe the Xenos and to name them, until then they will stay as Xenos...i mostly intended them with some kind of Greek Style, the different Hives forming City States like Ancient Greece, Military consists of Phalanx and Bug Cavalry-> mostly

on another note, the Litany of Fury proves to be the best music to be heard while writing this...XP))

House Nova

Aeverys

In a Triumphal Parade you return to your Homeland, the people cheering as they see the rich plunder you brought back...

Now free of Xenos infestation you start a campaign advertising these new unclaimed lands speaking of untold riches. Soon the first Prospectors return with tales of springs of Black Water, a black water that seems to burn brightly!

You use your plunder to distribute food among the people in your name and that of the Pancreator of course. The effect is minimal. Maybe it's due to the fact that simultaneously your soldiers are burning the infected?

The establishment of a Xenos-Control Agency does nothing to increase their food production the Xenos produce as much food as before...

gained 5 Units Xeno Slaves
gained 15 Units of Food
gained 10 Credits
lost 2 Fanatic Regiments
lost 2 Serf Regiments
increased Church Relations
lost Xeno Reputation
Aeverys support gain: 10%
Bonus towards Plague Cure: +30%

Rigos

The additional workers on the fields are nothing more than a drop on the hot stone...
The other Regiment however is a good addition to Aevery's Security apparatus and it seems that the situation stabilizes

The Research teams virtually take the Frigate apart to find something useful, they find nothing however and even worse large parts of the Frigate are now unusable...

increased Stability
Rigos Support loss: 5%
Frigate Wreck: 50%

Ssalosin
You order the Researchers to further take the Frigate apart for weaponry, but like before they can't find anything useful

You can neither upgrade the current Farming Economy nor establish any Power Plants as you lack the corresponding Technologies (Fertilizers/Electricity)

The reaction of these Minor Lords you turned down has turned out not to work in your favour, they turned to another Noble House on the planet and joined it instead...

Frigate Wreck: 40%
lost support of  Minor Lords...

Renard

You send out messengers to deliver it: You hereby declare war on the Church. The effect is not actually encouraging. No Crusading Hordes, no deserters and on the other hand no more supporters. It was as if somebody on the other end of the world farted: nobody seemed to care.

Your call for followers isn't getting any resonance either. Yet somehow the lords still loyal to you keep your army together nobody deserted either although morale is going down as the soldiers still don't get paid...

But thanks to Aeverys recent Crusade the Xenos lend you more support. several of the Hives have decided to join your effort and brought in their troops...

gained 5 Xenos Phalanx

Spoiler:  Renard's Army (click to show/hide)

Tavius

Tracking down King Renard proves to be laughably easy, a few coins in the right hands and you are met by one of the faithful lords who rebelled against King Renard. He tells you that he fled north into the Xenos Lands. He offers you a Xeno Slave as a guide, if you wish so...

Research

Without even basic medicinal Technology, the Researchers begin where it would seem prudent Immunology...

Immunology: 10 Turns ( speeded up with other Technologies)
Tank Technology ETA: on Hold ( need Electricity, Electronics Technology, need industrialized Industry )
Helicopter Technology: on Hold (need Electricity, Electronics Technology,need industrialized Industry)

Events

Secret Roll:

The situation has bettered now that you are burning the corpses and the infected.  The curfew is keeping healthy people away from the Ill, but still many people are unable to pay their taxes...

Random Events:
nothing of note happened

Stability:

- Bad Health
-- Abysmal Education
-- We feel  oppressed
---PESTILENCE!

+We Feel Safe
+ Leaving the Apathy!
+ Education!
++ Root out those Heretics!
++ Xeno Slaves!
+ Buildings to pray in!
+ Support of the Church

House Nova

Influence: Minnow
Church Standing:Friendly
Coffers: 6 Credits
Technologic Artifacts:6 Units

Technology
Aerodynamics
Rifling

Military
Spoiler:  Planet Si'kar (click to show/hide)

Status Planet Si'kar:

Control:
Church: 20%
House Nova: 3%
Minor Noble Houses: 10%
Feudal Kingdoms: 35%
Kingdom of Renard: 5%
Primitive Xenos: 9%
unexplored/claimed:18,0%

Population under your Influence:
Inhabitants: 9 Units, 6 Unit Xenos ( 1 Unit = 1.000.000 people)
Stability: eerie
Religion: 98% Cult, 1% Agnostic, 1% Animalistic
Healthcare: bad
Education: Abysmal

Support:
Ssalosin: 50 %
Aeverys: 40%
Rigos: 10%

House Guard Loyality: Ssalosin/Rigos
Power Armor Loyality: Rigos/Aeverys
House Military Loyality: Aeverys/Rigos
Church Support: Aeverys
Advisor Malcador: Neutral

Infrastructure:

Paved Roads
Mines (Gems, Metal) (needs 2 units of population)
Pre-Industrialism Industry ( needs 2 units of population)
pre-enlightenment Elementary Schools (1 population, 1 Credit Maintenance)
Basic Policing (1 population, 1 Credit Maintenance)
Basic Sanitation (1 Credit Maintenance)
Basic Faith Structures
Basic Farming Economy (doubles food Output)

Economy:

Agriculture: (3 Unit populace, 6 Unit Xenos)
Sustenance Farming:  6 Units
Basic Farming Economy: 6 Units
Slave Farming: 12 Units
Consumption: 9 Units
Aeverys Private Stocks: 15 Units
Stores: 0 Units
------------------------------------------------------------
Stores: 30 Units

Geological: (2 Units populace)
Income: 2 Credits Pestilence

Industry: (2 Units populace)

Farming:

Treasury:

Coffers:                   5 Credits
Plunder:                  10 Credits
Facility Maintenance: 3 Credits
Geological Income:  2 Credits
Industrial Income:  2 Credits
Farming Income:  2 Credits
Taxes:                     7 Credits
Soldier Pay:            6 Credits

Spoiler:  Soma System (click to show/hide)

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: December 30, 2011, 05:50:16 pm »

"I need no Xeno slave. I'll find Renard myself."

Head north, Track Renard.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: December 30, 2011, 05:54:49 pm »

Renard sat in a room filled with his other leaders, and let out a deep sigh before speaking "Well its time we begin. Dispatch scouts, and find the nearest Church Storehouses, and find their supply train routes. We will hit them in one swift blow, take their supplies, and disappear into the night. We must do to this quickly now lets begin." Renard stood up, and looked out the windows of his new fortress, it was a ramshackle place with huts scattered about, and a partially completed wooden palisade surrounding it. "The war begins now ..." he says, and his voice echoes as the rest of his commanders leave to prepare for the coming campaign.

Find Church Storehouses, and Supply Routes. Put five of my Serf Regiments into reinforcing the area we are in with Wooden Palisades, and Trenches filled with sharpened stakes. Also send an envoy to the Xenos requesting Cavalry support.

Kestrel_6

• Bay Watcher
  • The goddamn Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: January 01, 2012, 11:11:34 pm »

Commence work on the Fertilizers. People need food, after all, no army moves on an empty stomach.

Ssalosin walked into Aeveryis' chambers.

"Sister, I have a proposition for you, if you're interested..."
Kestrel, ITS A TRAP! It's luring you into false security! DON'T FALL FOR IT!!
Tomb of Horrors can pretty much be summarized by "ackbar.jpg"

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: January 02, 2012, 03:07:22 am »

Aeverys was sitting in her office, examining a strange Xeno artifact that has been looted for her-it was a sort of strange wooden puzzle box...quite advanced, considering their level of technology. Her researchers said it probably wasn't dangerous...she had been working on for a few days, slowly unfolding the many layers. It had been a test of willpower not to merely break it.

Soon the center would be revealed.

She favored her brother with a weak smile when he entered.

"Pray tell, brother-speak...also, you were always better at puzzles than I-what do you think of this thing? More treasure from the Xeno Hive."

She held it out to him.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

Kestrel_6

• Bay Watcher
  • The goddamn Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: January 02, 2012, 05:54:17 am »

"I have been thinking, about your role. Father did favor you, just not to anyone. He was the show no weakness kind. And since you have experienced the true meaning of being one with the people, I have concluded that you become Matriarch. I believe you could rule greater than I could."

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: January 02, 2012, 06:04:06 am »

Aeverys continued working the puzzle as if she had not heard him.

"Do you give up power so easily, brother...

You of all people know, what once is lost...is never returned.

Yet, I suppose you have demands, then? I can arrange for a suitable position in the House, or your retirement from politics all together. Perhaps you would like to start a family, away from all...this. I could respect that."

Kestrel_6

• Bay Watcher
  • The goddamn Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: January 02, 2012, 06:11:53 am »

"Two demands, I become a Commander, and my forces are the Power Armor Regiments. Simple enough. And as or the puzzle, is there another?"

He had thought this all through. Why not give Sister the House? She had the fire and the passion to take over the Galaxy. He had been too spent taking over. Father's death had hit him hard, and he wasn't planning at all to be a leader of a whole house. She had gained support that rivaled his in a few years... A feat in itself.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: January 02, 2012, 06:30:32 am »

Averys continued working...ah, another facet revealed?

" Tricky, Brother...very tricky.

Let me make a counter offer-each of us shall command one regiment of power armored soldiers each. The Leader of the House must maintain majority military control at all times. Agreed?"

She finally put the puzzle down. It refolded and resetted instantly-another interesting trick, which meant you had to do it in one sitting or not at all. She slid it across her desk to Ssalosin.

Kestrel_6

• Bay Watcher
  • The goddamn Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: January 02, 2012, 06:37:27 am »

Ssalosin eyed the puzzle. Intriguing...

"Agreed. Father always did call you a silver tongue."

He looked at his Sister

"Can I borrow this?"

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: January 02, 2012, 07:16:00 am »

"Consider it a gift, brother."

Kestrel_6

• Bay Watcher
  • The goddamn Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: January 02, 2012, 07:19:40 am »

"my thanks, sister. Now, if there are no other complications or queries, goodbye."

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: January 02, 2012, 07:58:07 am »

Averys made her way to the Palace Quarter in a few days.

Ssalosin would be by her side-to give the ceremonial items to her in a public ceremony, in front of her solders and people. There were also a few Pancreaotrs priests...being guarded by Inquisitors, silent with menace.

She gave a fairly impassioned speech.

"A new day dawns for our House, brothers and sister! My brother can no longer continue the duties that he is required-hence, I, Averys will take his place. This accord was achieved between us, as equals-brother and sister, no more.

I promise a strong rule-blessed by the Pancreator are our actions from this day onward.

Our lands will prosper, our armies will decimate and our future will be cast in glory!

ONWARD TO VICTORY! For House Nova!

Actions:
1. Give a public speech informing and reinforcing loyalty to the new head of the House, myself. Make it clear Ssalosin is out. Make sure the Church makes an appearance by my side.

2. My researchers stop immunology for now, and just research basic medicine. Ask the Church to help us with knowledge they might have.

3. Research teams also begin to look into black water-mostly how it can be extracted, stored and utilized in combustion engines.

4. Our soldiers protect settlers in the new lands, and aid is lended to them to establish a firm foothold in the region.

5. Averys establishes a system of noble petition, so she can personally hear their complaints-to try and resolve oppression among the people. As this system grows, it will expand to a local and state level, with governors and mayors serving the same function. Requires only a significant amout of public support, about 5-10% of the population agreeing to send a prominent figure to speak to her.

6. Rebuild 2 serfs regiments to replace the ones we lost.

7. Now that we have control of the Xeno-Slaves, start spreading them to other functions, the ones that are not being used to farm. Faithfully converted Xenos should be awarded more rights.
-Xenos should be allowed in the army in cannon fodder squads as 'flaggelant' soldiers-that is, making up for their sins with military service.
-Xenos should also be trained to operate machinery and do physical labor and construction.

8. Begin construction a Gladiatorial Arena (Queen Laythe style) to entertain the masses. Use slaves both Human and Xeno, along with exotic animals. Provide free food at these competitions, and treat winners like pro athletes-parades, offical recognition by Leaders and celebrations. Frame these as serving the Pancreators will, by setting sinner against sinner, and of course, only the 'righteous' will win.

Make sure it has sizable gambling ring run by Averys forces to defray it's costs.

Riccto

• Bay Watcher
  • Get Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: January 02, 2012, 07:05:51 pm »

Rigos traveled back from the palace, quite annoyed with the fact that using the regiments to assist the farmers did practically nothing. He headed directly towards Averys quarters. The nobles who crowded the halls after the regime change moved wisely out of the way out of respect and a dabble of fear. When he arrived with a sharp wrap of the door before letting himself in.

Cogradulations Averys, I imagine this is quite the shift for you, going from self-proclaimed war-dog to running this operation. So what do you wish of me Lady Nova?

Raggle Fraggle
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 89